Citations for "The governance of innovation: Vertical integration and collaborative arrangements in the biotechnology industry"
by Pisano, Gary P.
- Tapon, Francis & Cadsby, Charles Bram, 1996. "The optimal organization of research: evidence from eight case studies of pharmaceutical firms," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 381-399, December.
- Bozeman, Barry & Corley, Elizabeth, 2004. "Scientists' collaboration strategies: implications for scientific and technical human capital," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 599-616, May.
- Boardman, P. Craig & Corley, Elizabeth A., 2008. "University research centers and the composition of research collaborations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 900-913, June.
- Najib Harabi, 2002. "The Impact of Vertical R&D Cooperation on Firm Innovation: An Empirical Investigation," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 93-108.
- Annika Rickne, 2006. "Connectivity and Performance of Science-based Firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 393-407, 05.
- Johannes Meuer & Christian Rupietta & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2015.
"Layers of co-existing innovation systems,"
Economics of Education Working Paper Series
0105, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Uwe Cantner & Bastian Rake, 2011.
"International Research Networks in Pharmaceuticals: Structure and Dynamics,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2011-055, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Cantner, Uwe & Rake, Bastian, 2014. "International research networks in pharmaceuticals: Structure and dynamics," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 333-348.
- Greis, Noel P. & Dibner, Mark D. & Bean, Alden S., 1995. "External partnering as a response to innovation barriers and global competition in biotechnology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 609-630, July.
- Klaus Kultti & Tuomas Takalo & Tanja Tanayama, 2015. "R&D spillovers and information exchange: a case study," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 5(1), pages 63-76, June.
- Kerstin Press, 2006. "Divide to conquer? The Silicon Valley - Boston 128 case revisited," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0610, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Dec 2006.
- Luukkonen, Terttu, 2003. "Variability in Forms of Organisation in Biotechnology Firms," Discussion Papers 872, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Wang, Kai & Hong, Jin & Marinova, Dora & Zhu, Liang, 2009. "Evolution and governance of the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry of China," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 79(9), pages 2947-2956.
- Sobrero, Maurizio & Roberts, Edward B., 2002. "Strategic management of supplier-manufacturer relations in new product development," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 159-182, January.
- Orsenigo, L. & Pammolli, F. & Riccaboni, Massimo, 2001. "Technological change and network dynamics: Lessons from the pharmaceutical industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 485-508, March.
- Sobrero, Maurizio. & Roberts, Edward Baer., 1996. "The trade-off between efficiency and learning in inter-organizational relationships," Working papers 3896-96., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Kim, Jerry W. & Higgins, Monica C., 2007. "Where do alliances come from?: The effects of upper echelons on alliance formation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 499-514, May.
- David B. Audretsch & Dennis P. Leyden & Albert N. Link, 2012.
"Universities as research partners in publicly supported entrepreneurial firms,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(5-6), pages 529-545, December.
- David B. Audretsch & Dennis P. Leyden & Albert N. Link, 2013. "Universities as research partners in publicly supported entrepreneurial firms," Chapters, in: Public Support of Innovation in Entrepreneurial Firms, chapter 12, pages 175-192 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Audretsch, David B. & Leyden, Dennis P. & Link, Albert N., 2012. "Universities as Research Partners in Publicly Supported Entrepreneurial Firms," Working Papers 12-2, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics.
- Joshua S. Gans & David H. Hsu & Scott Stern, 2000.
"When Does Start-Up Innovation Spur the Gale of Creative Destruction?,"
NBER Working Papers
7851, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua S. Gans & David H. Hsu & Scott Stern, 2002. "When Does Start-Up Innovation Spur the Gale of Creative Destruction?," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(4), pages 571-586, Winter.
- Kamrun Nahar Munny & Mostak Ahamed Galib & Ding Lin, 2015. "Scientists Collaborating with Industry: An Exploration of Industry Engagement Types," International Journal of Management Science and Business Administration, Inovatus Services Ltd., vol. 1(8), pages 37-46, July.
- Elizabeth Webster & Paul H. Jensen, 2009.
"Do Patents Matter for Commercialization?,"
Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series
wp2009n08, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Gans, Joshua S. & Stern, Scott, 2003. "The product market and the market for "ideas": commercialization strategies for technology entrepreneurs," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 333-350, February.
- Tahvanainen, Antti-Jussi, 2004. "Academic Spin-offs in Finnish Biotechnology," Discussion Papers 900, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Marcela Miozzo & Lori DiVito & Panos Desyllas, 2011. "Cross-border acquisitions of science-based firms: Their effect on innovation in the acquired firm and the local science," DRUID Working Papers 11-17, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Ajay Agrawal & Iain Cockburn & Laurina Zhang, 2013.
"Deals Not Done: Sources of Failure in the Market for Ideas,"
NBER Working Papers
19679, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ajay Agrawal & Iain Cockburn & Laurina Zhang, 2015. "Deals not done: Sources of failure in the market for ideas," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(7), pages 976-986, 07.
- Kollmer, Holger & Dowling, Michael, 2004. "Licensing as a commercialisation strategy for new technology-based firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1141-1151, October.
- Luigi Orsenigo & Fabio Pammolli & Massimo Riccaboni, 1999. "Competencies, Technological Change and Network Dynamics. The case of the bio-pharmaceutical industry," LEM Papers Series 1999/13, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Scott Shane, 2002. "Selling University Technology: Patterns from MIT," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(1), pages 122-137, January.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Hottenrott, Hanna, 2012. "Collaborative R&D as a strategy to attenuate financing constraints," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-049, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- McCann, Brian T. & Folta, Timothy B., 2011. "Performance differentials within geographic clusters," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 104-123, January.
- Bercovitz, Janet E.L. & Feldman, Maryann P., 2007. "Fishing upstream: Firm innovation strategy and university research alliances," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 930-948, September.
- Dushnitsky, Gary & Lenox, Michael J., 2005. "When do incumbents learn from entrepreneurial ventures?: Corporate venture capital and investing firm innovation rates," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 615-639, June.
- Li, Dan, 2013. "Multilateral R&D alliances by new ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 241-260.
- Rene Belderbos & Victor Gilsing & Shinya Suzuki, 2015.
" Direct and mediated ties to universities: ‘Scientific’ absorptive capacity and innovation performance of pharmaceutical firms,"
Working Papers Department of Managerial Economics, Strategy and Innovation (MSI)
504836, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Managerial Economics, Strategy and Innovation (MSI).
- BELDERBOS, René & GILSING, Victor & SUZUKI, Shinya, 2015. "Direct And Mediated Ties To Universities: ‘Scientific’ Absorptive Capacity And Innovation Performance Of Pharmaceutical Firms," Discussion paper series 2015-06, Hitotsubashi Institute for Advanced Study, Hitotsubashi University.
- Hoenig, Daniel & Henkel, Joachim, 2015. "Quality signals? The role of patents, alliances, and team experience in venture capital financing," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(5), pages 1049-1064.
- Mostak Ahamed Galib & Kamrun Nahar Munny, 2015. "The Inclusion of Academicians into the Industry Sector in Bangladesh: A Model of Industry Engagement and Effective Innovation Performance," International Journal of Management Science and Business Administration, Inovatus Services Ltd., vol. 1(6), pages 7-18, May.
- Hermano, Víctor & Martín-Cruz, Natalia, 2013. "How to Deliver Foreign Aid? The Case of Projects Governed by the Spanish International Agency," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 298-314.
- Harabi, Najib, 1997. "Vertical Relations Between Firms and Innovation: An Empirical Investigation of German Firms," ZEW Discussion Papers 97-10, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Hagedoorn,John, 2000. "External Appropriation of Innovative Capabilities: The Preference for Strategic Alliances or M&AS," Research Memorandum 008, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Luukkonen, Terttu, 2005. "Variability in organisational forms of biotechnology firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 555-570, May.
- Avenel, E. & Corolleur, F. & Gauthier, C. & Rieu, C., 2005. "Start-ups, firm growth and the consolidation of the French biotech industry," Working Papers 200503, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Roijakkers, Nadine & Hagedoorn, John & van Kranenburg, Hans, 2005. "Dual market structures and the likelihood of repeated ties - evidence from pharmaceutical biotechnology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 235-245, March.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca & Piva, Evila, 2006. "In search of complementary assets: The determinants of alliance formation of high-tech start-ups," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1166-1199, October.
- Paola Giuri & John Hagedoorn & Myriam Mariani, 2002. "Technological Diversification and Strategic Alliances," LEM Papers Series 2002/04, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Rothaermel, Frank T., 2001. "Complementary assets, strategic alliances, and the incumbent's advantage: an empirical study of industry and firm effects in the biopharmaceutical industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1235-1251, October.
- Luukkonen, Terttu, 2002. "Technology and market orientation in company participation in the EU framework programme," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 437-455, March.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & D’Adda, Diego & Pirelli, Lorenzo H., 2016. "The participation of new technology-based firms in EU-funded R&D partnerships: The role of venture capital," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 361-375.
- Häussler, Carolin, 2006. "Canâ€™t Buy Me Rights! The Contractual Structure of Asymmetrical Inter-firm Collaborations," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 189, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Versaevel, Bruno & de Villemeur, Étienne, 2003. "Conflict and Cooperation on R&D Markets," IDEI Working Papers 191, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Benjamin Clark, 2011. "Influences and conflicts of federal policies in academic–industrial scientific collaboration," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 36(5), pages 514-545, October.
- Franco Malerba & Luigi Orsenigo, 2000. "Towards a History Friendly Model of Innovation, Market Structure and Regulation in the Dynamics of the Pharmaceutical Industry: the Age of Random Screening," KITeS Working Papers 124, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jan 2001.
- Wang, Chun-Hsien & Chang, Ching-Hsing & Shen, George C., 2015. "The effect of inbound open innovation on firm performance: Evidence from high-tech industry," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 222-230.
- Luo, Xiaowei Rose & Koput, Kenneth W. & Powell, Walter W., 2009. "Intellectual capital or signal? The effects of scientists on alliance formation in knowledge-intensive industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1313-1325, October.
- M. C. Guardo & K. R. Harrigan, 2016. "Shaping the path to inventive activity: the role of past experience in R&D alliances," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 250-269, April.