The optimal organization of research: evidence from eight case studies of pharmaceutical firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- DiMasi, Joseph A. & Hansen, Ronald W. & Grabowski, Henry G. & Lasagna, Louis, 1991. "Cost of innovation in the pharmaceutical industry," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 107-142, July.
- Comanor, William S, 1986. "The Political Economy of the Pharmaceutical Industry," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 1178-1217, September.
- F. M. Scherer, 1993. "Pricing, Profits, and Technological Progress in the Pharmaceutical Industry," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 97-115, Summer.
- Pisano, Gary P., 1991. "The governance of innovation: Vertical integration and collaborative arrangements in the biotechnology industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 237-249, June.
- Vernon, John M & Gusen, Peter, 1974. "Technical Change and Firm Size: The Pharmaceutical Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(3), pages 294-302, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Simpson, H., 1998. "Biotechnology and the Economics of Discovery in the Pharmaceutical Industry," Monographs, Office of Health Economics, number 000432, January.
- Cátia Pinheiro & Paula Sarmento, 2013. "R&D offshore insourcing in Portugal: drivers and motivations," FEP Working Papers 501, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Tannista Banerjee & Ralph Siebert, 2013.
"The Impact of R&D Cooperation on Drug Variety Offered on the Market: Evidence from the Pharmaceutical Industry,"
Auburn Economics Working Paper Series
auwp2013-20, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
- Tannista Banerjee & Ralph Siebert, 2014. "The Impact of R&D Cooperations on Drug Variety Offered on the Market. Evidence from the Pharmaceutical Industry," CESifo Working Paper Series 4567, CESifo.
- Christoph Grimpe & Ulrich Kaiser, 2008.
"Gains and Pains from Contract Research: A Transaction and Firm-level Perspective,"
CIE Discussion Papers
2008-01, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Kaiser, Ulrich & Grimpe, Christoph, 2008. "Gains and Pains from Contract Research: A Transaction and Firm-level Perspective," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-002, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Stefan Ambec & Michel Poitevin, 2000.
"Organizational Design of R & D Activities,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
0190, Econometric Society.
- Ambec, S. & Poitevin, M., 2001. "Organizational Design of R&D Activities," Cahiers de recherche 2001-12, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en Ã©conomie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Stefan Ambec & Michel Poitevin, 2001. "Organizational Design of R&D Activities," CIRANO Working Papers 2001s-38, CIRANO.
- AMBEC, Stefan & POITEVIN, Michel, 2001. "Organizational Design of R&D Activities," Cahiers de recherche 2001-12, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Stefan Ambec & Michel Poitevin, 2001. "Organizational Design of R&D activities," CSEF Working Papers 60, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Steven Globerman & Aidan Vining, 2004. "The Outsourcing Decision: A Strategic Framework," International Trade 0404007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ramesh Govindaraj & Gnanaraj Chellaraj, 2002. "The Indian Pharmaceutical Sector : Issues and Options for Health Sector Reform," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15231, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:31:y:1996:i:3:p:381-399. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.