International equity market comovements: Economic fundamentals or contagion?
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kim, Suk-Joong & Nguyen, Do Quoc Tho, 2008. "The reaction of the Australian financial markets to the interest rate news from the Reserve Bank of Australia and the U.S. Fed," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 378-395, September.
- Chong, Terence Tai-Leung & Wong, Ying-Chiu & Yan, Isabel Kit-Ming, 2008. "International linkages of the Japanese stock market," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 601-621, December.
- Christos Kollias & Stephanos Papadamou & Costas Siriopoulos, 2013. "European Markets’ Reactions to Exogenous Shocks: A High Frequency Data Analysis of the 2005 London Bombings," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 1(4), pages 1-14, November.
- Geert Bekaert & Michael Ehrmann & Marcel Fratzscher & Arnaud Mehl, 2014. "The Global Crisis and Equity Market Contagion," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 69(6), pages 2597-2649, December.
- Fernandez-Izquierdo, Angeles & Lafuente, Juan Angel, 2004. "International transmission of stock exchange volatility: Empirical evidence from the Asian crisis," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 125-137, August.
- Michael Ehrmann & Marcel Fratzscher & Roberto Rigobon, 2011.
"Stocks, bonds, money markets and exchange rates: measuring international financial transmission,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(6), pages 948-974, September.
- Ehrmann, Michael & Fratzscher, Marcel & Rigobon, Roberto, 2005. "Stocks, bonds, money markets and exchange rates: measuring international financial transmission," Working Paper Series 452, European Central Bank.
- Michael Ehrmann & Marcel Fratzscher & Roberto Rigobon, 2005. "Stocks, Bonds, Money Markets and Exchange Rates: Measuring International Financial Transmission," NBER Working Papers 11166, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:jimfin:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:218-231 is not listed on IDEAS
- Don Bredin & Stuart Hyde, 2008. "Regime Change and the Role of International Markets on the Stock Returns of Small Open Economies," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 14(2), pages 315-346.
- Xinsheng Lu & Ying Zhou & Mingting Kou, 2013. "The Impact of Monetary Policy Surprises on Australian Financial Futures Markets," Working Papers 2013-01, Auckland University of Technology, Department of Economics.
- Ramona Dumitriu & Razvan Stefanescu, 2016. "Impact of the NYSE Shocks on the European Developed Capital Markets," Risk in Contemporary Economy, "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, pages 327-334.
- Geert Bekaert & Arnaud Mehl, 2017. "On the Global Financial Market Integration “Swoosh” and the Trilemma," NBER Working Papers 23124, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George Horia Ionescu & Ruxandra Dana Vilag, 2013. "Financial Stability And Development Of Capital Markets," Romanian Economic Business Review, Romanian-American University, vol. 8(3.1), pages 46-55, September.
- Chiang, Thomas C. & Zheng, Dazhi, 2015. "Liquidity and stock returns: Evidence from international markets," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 73-97.
- Claudio Loderer & Marc-André Mittermayer, 2006. "America and the Swiss Stock Exchange: An Intraday Analysis," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 142(I), pages 79-114, March.
- Singh, Manohar & Nejadmalayeri, Ali & Lucey, Brian, 2013. "Do U.S. macroeconomic surprises influence equity returns? An exploratory analysis of developed economies," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 476-485.
- He, Hongbo & Chen, Shou & Yao, Shujie & Ou, Jinghua, 2014. "Financial liberalisation and international market interdependence: Evidence from China’s stock market in the post-WTO accession period," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 434-444.
- Charles Ka Yui Leung & Patrick Wai Yin Cheung & Edward Chi Ho Tang, 2013.
"Financial Crisis and the Co-movements of Housing Sub-markets: Do relationships change after a crisis?,"
International Real Estate Review,
Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 16(1), pages 68-118.
- Leung, Charles Ka Yui & CHEUNG, W. Y. Patrick & TANG, C. H. Edward, 2011. "Financial Crisis and the Comovements of Housing Sub-markets: Do relationships change after a crisis?," MPRA Paper 31627, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Xinsheng Lu & Ling Qu & Ying Zhou, 2015. "The Impact of Monetary Surprises on Australian Financial Futures Markets: An Insight into Cash Rate Target Announcements," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(3), pages 151-166, September.
- Stan Hurn & Peter C B Phillips & Shuping Shi, 2015.
"Change Detection and the Casual Impact of the Yield Curve,"
NCER Working Paper Series
107, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- Stan Hurn & Peter C. B. Phillips & Shu-Ping Shi, 2016. ""Change Detection and the Causal Impact of the Yield Curve," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 2058, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- repec:eee:reveco:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:487-509 is not listed on IDEAS
- Victor Fang & Chien-Ting Lin & Kunaal Parbhoo, 2008. "Macroeconomic News, Business Cycles and Australian Financial Markets," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 15(3), pages 185-207, December.
- Hassan, Kamrul & Hoque, Ariful & Gasbarro, Dominic, 2017. "Sovereign default risk linkage: Implication for portfolio diversification," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1-16.
- Francine Gresnigt & Erik Kole & Philip Hans Franses, 2017. "Exploiting Spillovers to Forecast Crashes," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 36(8), pages 936-955, December.
- Michael Ehrmann & Marcel Fratzscher, 2009.
"Global Financial Transmission of Monetary Policy Shocks,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 71(6), pages 739-759, December.
- Michael Ehrmann & Marcel Fratzscher, 2006. "Global Financial Transmission of Monetary Policy Shocks," CESifo Working Paper Series 1710, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ehrmann, Michael & Fratzscher, Marcel, 2006. "Global financial transmission of monetary policy shocks," Working Paper Series 616, European Central Bank.
- Chang Shu & Dong He & Jinyue Dong & Honglin Wang, 2016. "Regional pull vs global push factors: China and US influence on Asia-Pacific financial markets," BIS Working Papers 579, Bank for International Settlements.
- Chiang, Thomas C. & Li, Huimin & Zheng, Dazhi, 2015. "The intertemporal risk-return relationship: Evidence from international markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 156-180.
- Markwat, Thijs & Kole, Erik & van Dijk, Dick, 2009.
"Contagion as a domino effect in global stock markets,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1996-2012, November.
- Markwat, T.D. & Kole, H.J.W.G. & van Dijk, D.J.C., 2008. "Contagion as Domino Effect in Global Stock Markets," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2008-071-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:44:y:2018:i:c:p:256-272 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sarantis Tsiaplias, 2007. "The Macroeconomic Content of Equity Market Factors," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2007n23, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Bahram Adrangi & Arjun Chatrath & Joseph Macri & Kambiz Raffiee, 2016. "The US Monetary Base and Major World Equity Markets: An Empirical Investigation," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 6, pages 49-64, August.
- Twm Evans & David McMillan, 2007. "Volatility forecasts: the role of asymmetric and long-memory dynamics and regional evidence," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(17), pages 1421-1430.
- Chiang, Thomas C. & Chen, Xiaoyu, 2016. "Stock returns and economic fundamentals in an emerging market: An empirical investigation of domestic and global market forces," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 107-120.
- repec:eee:finlet:v:23:y:2017:i:c:p:12-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michel Beine & Gunther Capelle-Blancard & Helene Raymond, 2008.
"International nonlinear causality between stock markets,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(8), pages 663-686.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard & Hélène Raymond-Feingold & Michel Beine, 2008. "International nonlinear causality between stock markets," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00305387, HAL.
- Michel Beine & Gunther Capelle-Blancard & Hélène Raymond, 2008. "International nonlinear causality between stock markets," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/167466, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Woon Sau Leung & Nicholas Taylor, 2013. "Testing for contagion: the impact of US structured markets on international financial markets," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Empirical Finance, chapter 11, pages 256-284 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kizys, Renatas & Pierdzioch, Christian, 2009. "Changes in the international comovement of stock returns and asymmetric macroeconomic shocks," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 289-305, April.
- Mahfuzul Haque & Imen Kouki, 2009. "Effect of 9/11 on the conditional time-varying equity risk premium: evidence from developed markets," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(3), pages 261-276, May.
- Yusaku Nishimura & Yoshiro Tsutsui & Kenjiro Hirayama, 2017. "Do International Investors Cause Stock Market Comovements? Comparing Responses of Cross-Listed Stocks between Accessible and Inaccessible Markets," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 17-01, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- repec:kap:rqfnac:v:50:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s11156-017-0658-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Soobin Kim & Chang Sik Kim, 2010. "Do S&P 500 and KOSPI Move Together?: A Functional Regression Approach," Korean Economic Review, Korean Economic Association, vol. 26, pages 401-430.
- Ülkü, Numan & Baker, Saleh, 2014. "Country world betas: The link between the stock market beta and macroeconomic beta," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 36-46.
- Zhang, Bing & Li, Xiao-Ming, 2014. "Has there been any change in the comovement between the Chinese and US stock markets?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 525-536.
- Daugherty, Mary Schmid & Jithendranathan, Thadavillil, 2015. "A study of linkages between frontier markets and the U.S. equity markets using multivariate GARCH and transfer entropy," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 32, pages 95-115.
- Yu-Hau Hu & Shun-Jen Hsueh, 2013. "A Study of yhe Nonlinear Relationships among the U.S. and Asian Stock Markets during Financial Crises," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 134-147, December.
- Benhabib, Jess & Liu, Xuewen & Wang, Pengfei, 2016.
"Sentiments, financial markets, and macroeconomic fluctuations,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 420-443.
- Jess Benhabib & Xuewen Liu & Pengfei Wang, 2015. "Sentiments, Financial Markets, and Macroeconomic Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 21294, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaiswal-Dale, Ameeta & Jithendranathan, Thadavillil, 2009. "Transmission of shocks from cross-listed markets to the return and volatility of domestic stocks," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 395-408, December.
- Gregory H. Bauer & Clara Vega, 2004.
"The Monetary Origins of Asymmetric Information in International Equity Markets,"
Staff Working Papers
04-47, Bank of Canada.
- Gregory H. Bauer & Clara Vega, 2006. "The monetary origins of asymmetric information in international equity markets," International Finance Discussion Papers 872, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:69:y:2018:i:c:p:237-248 is not listed on IDEAS
- Canto, Bea & Kräussl, Roman, 2006. "Stock market interactions and the impact of macroeconomic news: Evidence from high frequency data of European futures markets," CFS Working Paper Series 2006/25, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Lee, Hsiu-Chuan & Hsu, Chih-Hsiang & Lee, Yun-Huan, 2016. "Location of trade, return comovements, and diversification benefits: Evidence from Asian country ETFs," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 279-296.
- Wan, Yang & Clutter, Michael L. & Siry, Jacek P. & Mei, Bin, 2013. "Assessing the impact of macroeconomic news on the U.S. forest products industry portfolio across business cycles: 1963–2010," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 15-22.
- Clements, A.E. & Hurn, A.S. & Volkov, V.V., 2016. "Common trends in global volatility," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 194-214.
- Nikkinen, Jussi & Omran, Mohammed & Sahlstrom, Petri & Aijo, Janne, 2006. "Global stock market reactions to scheduled U.S. macroeconomic news announcements," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 92-104, September.
- Vrugt, Evert B., 2009. "U.S. and Japanese macroeconomic news and stock market volatility in Asia-Pacific," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 611-627, November.