Global stock market reactions to scheduled U.S. macroeconomic news announcements
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chang, Eric C. & Michael Pinegar, J. & Ravichandran, R., 1998. "US day-of-the-week effects and asymmetric responses to macroeconomic news," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 513-534, May.
- Nikkinen, Jussi & Sahlstrom, Petri, 2004. "International transmission of uncertainty implicit in stock index option prices," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-15.
- Rohan Christie-David & Mukesh Chaudhry & Walayet Khan, 2002. "News Releases, Market Integration, and Market Leadership," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 223-245.
- Andrea J. Heuson & Tie Su, 2003. "Intra-day Behavior of Treasury Sector Index Option Implied Volatilities around Macroeconomic Announcements," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 38(1), pages 161-177, 02.
- Ederington, Louis H. & Lee, Jae Ha, 1995. "The Short-Run Dynamics of the Price Adjustment to New Information," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(01), pages 117-134, March.
- Nasseh, Alireza & Strauss, Jack, 2000. "Stock prices and domestic and international macroeconomic activity: a cointegration approach," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 229-245.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 1994.
"Time-Varying World Market Integration,"
NBER Working Papers
4843, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Becker, Kent G. & Finnerty, Joseph E. & Friedman, Joseph, 1995. "Economic news and equity market linkages between the U.S. and U.K," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 1191-1210, October.
- Ederington, Louis H & Lee, Jae Ha, 1993. " How Markets Process Information: News Releases and Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1161-91, September.
- Fabio Fornari & Antonio Mele, 2001. "Volatility smiles and the information content of news," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 179-186.
- Christie-David, Rohan & Chaudhry, Mukesh & Koch, Timothy W., 2000. "Do macroeconomics news releases affect gold and silver prices?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 405-421.
- Takatoshi Ito & V. Vance Roley, 1986.
"News from the U. S. and Japan: Which Moves the Yen/Dollar Exchange Rate?,"
NBER Working Papers
1853, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ito, Takatoshi & Roley, V. Vance, 1987. "News from the U.S. and Japan : Which moves the yen/dollar exchange rate?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 255-277, March.
- Takatoshi Ito & V. Vance Roley, 1986. "News from the U.S. and Japan: which moves the yen/dollar exchange rate?," Research Working Paper 86-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Ederington, Louis H. & Lee, Jae Ha, 1996. "The Creation and Resolution of Market Uncertainty: The Impact of Information Releases on Implied Volatility," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(04), pages 513-539, December.
- King, Mervyn A & Wadhwani, Sushil, 1990.
"Transmission of Volatility between Stock Markets,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 5-33.
- Veronesi, Pietro, 1999. "Stock Market Overreaction to Bad News in Good Times: A Rational Expectations Equilibrium Model," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(5), pages 975-1007.
- Martens, Martin & Poon, Ser-Huang, 2001. "Returns synchronization and daily correlation dynamics between international stock markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1805-1827, October.
- Kim, Suk-Joong, 2003. "The spillover effects of US and Japanese public information news in advanced Asia-Pacific stock markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 611-630, November.
- Booth, G. Geoffrey & Martikainen, Teppo & Tse, Yiuman, 1997. "Price and volatility spillovers in Scandinavian stock markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 811-823, June.
- Mark J. Flannery & Aris A. Protopapadakis, 2002. "Macroeconomic Factors Do Influence Aggregate Stock Returns," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(3), pages 751-782.
- Nikkinen, Jussi & Sahlstrom, Petri, 2004. "Scheduled domestic and US macroeconomic news and stock valuation in Europe," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 201-215, July.
- Jones, Charles M. & Lamont, Owen & Lumsdaine, Robin L., 1998.
"Macroeconomic news and bond market volatility,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 315-337, March.
- Charles M. Jones & Owen Lamont & Robin L. Lumsdaine, . "Macroeconomic News and Bond Market Volatility," CRSP working papers 333, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Charles M. Jones & Owen Lamont & Robin Lumsdaine, 1996. "Macroeconomic News and Bond Market Volatility," Home Pages _005, Princeton University, Department of Economics.
- Michael Graham & Jussi Nikkinen & Petri Sahlström, 2003. "Relative importance of scheduled macroeconomic news for stock market investors," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 27(2), pages 153-165, June.
- Connolly, Robert A. & Wang, F. Albert, 2003. "International equity market comovements: Economic fundamentals or contagion?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 23-43, January.
- Balduzzi, Pierluigi & Elton, Edwin J. & Green, T. Clifton, 2001. "Economic News and Bond Prices: Evidence from the U.S. Treasury Market," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(04), pages 523-543, December.
- Steeley, James M., 2001. "A note on information seasonality and the disappearance of the weekend effect in the UK stock market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1941-1956, October.
- Bracker, Kevin & Koch, Paul D., 1999. "Economic determinants of the correlation structure across international equity markets," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 443-471.
- Arshanapalli, Bala & Doukas, John & Lang, Larry H. P., 1995. "Pre and post-October 1987 stock market linkages between U.S. and Asian markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 57-73, May.
- Rockinger, Michael & Urga, Giovanni, 2001. "A Time-Varying Parameter Model to Test for Predictability and Integration in the Stock Markets of Transition Economies," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(1), pages 73-84, January.
- McQueen, Grant & Roley, V Vance, 1993. "Stock Prices, News, and Business Conditions," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(3), pages 683-707.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:glofin:v:17:y:2006:i:1:p:92-104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.