Do the M & M propositions apply to banks?
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Larry D. Wall & Pamela P. Peterson, 1998. "The choice of capital instruments," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q 2, pages 4-17.
- Kok, Christoffer & Gross, Marco & Żochowski, Dawid, 2016. "The impact of bank capital on economic activity - evidence from a mixed-cross-section GVAR model," Working Paper Series 1888, European Central Bank.
- Klepczarek Emilia, 2015. "Determinants Of European Banks' Capital Adequacy / Determinanty Adekwatności Kapitałowej Banków Europejskich," Comparative Economic Research, Sciendo, vol. 18(4), pages 81-98, December.
- Hartmann-Wendels, Thomas, 2012. "Regulatorische Folgen der Finanzkrisen: Auswirkungen auf die Leasing-Branche," Leasing - Wissenschaft & Praxis, Universität zu Köln, Forschungsinstitut für Leasing, vol. 10(1), pages 3-88.
- Myron Kwast & S. Passmore, 1999. "The Subsidy Provided by the Federal Safety Net: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 16(2), pages 125-145, December.
- Gersbach, Hans & Haller, Hans & Müller, Jürg, 2015. "The macroeconomics of Modigliani–Miller," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 1081-1113.
- Bulow, Jeremy & Klemperer, Paul, 2013. "Market-Based Bank Capital Regulation," Research Papers 2132, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- repec:mbr:jmonec:v:8:y:2013:i:1:p:141-167 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spt:apfiba:v:7:y:2017:i:5:f:7_5_1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:finana:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:102-112 is not listed on IDEAS
- George G. Kaufman, 1998. "Central banks, asset bubbles, and financial stability," Working Paper Series WP-98-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Lubberink, Martien, 2014.
"Are banks’ below-par own debt repurchases a cause for prudential concern?,"
59475, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lubberink, Martien & Renders, Annelies, 2016. "Are banks’ below-par own debt repurchases a cause for prudential concern?," MPRA Paper 72814, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Miles & Jing Yang & Gilberto Marcheggiano, 2013. "Optimal Bank Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 123(567), pages 1-37, March.
- Piotr Bolibok, 2016. "An empirical evaluation of selected accounting-based value drivers in the Polish banking sector," Copernican Journal of Finance & Accounting, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 5(1), pages 25-37.
- repec:ers:ijebaa:v:iv:y:2016:i:2:p:47-59 is not listed on IDEAS
- Labonne, C. & Lamé, G., 2014. "Credit Growth and Bank Capital Requirements: Binding or Not?," Working papers 481, Banque de France.
- DeAngelo, Harry & Stulz, René M., 2015. "Liquid-claim production, risk management, and bank capital structure: Why high leverage is optimal for banks," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 219-236.
- Prasad Krishnamurthy, 2014. "Rules, Standards, and Complexity in Capital Regulation," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(S2), pages 273-296.
- Harry DeAngelo & René M. Stulz, 2013. "Why High Leverage is Optimal for Banks," NBER Working Papers 19139, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William R. Cline, 2015. "Testing the Modigliani-Miller Theorem of Capital Structure Irrelevance for Banks," Working Paper Series WP15-8, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Schaetzle, Dominik, 2012. "Die Auswirkungen der neuen Eigenkapitalanforderungen nach Basel III: Eine Analyse empirischer Studien," Arbeitspapiere 124, University of Münster, Institute for Cooperatives.
- Rainer Masera, 2014. "CRR/CRD IV: the trees and the forest," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 67(271), pages 381-422.
- Clovis Rugemintwari, 2010. "Investigation on the Comparative Persistence and Convergence of Risk and Non-Risk Adjusted Bank Capital Ratios," Working Papers hal-00916749, HAL.
- Rita Biswas & Donald R. Fraser & Gregory Hebb, 2000. "On The Shareholder Wealth Effects Of Deposit Insurance Premium Revisions On Large, Publicly Traded Commercial Banks," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 23(2), pages 223-241, June.
- Peltonen, Tuomas A. & Gross, Marco & Behn, Markus, 2016.
"Assessing the costs and benefits of capital-based macroprudential policy,"
Working Paper Series
1935, European Central Bank.
- Markus Behn & Marco Gross & Tuomas Peltonen, 2016. "Assessing the costs and benefits of capital-based macroprudential policy," ESRB Working Paper Series 17, European Systemic Risk Board.
- da Silva, Marcos Soares & Divino, Jose Angelo, 2013. "The role of banking regulation in an economy under credit risk and liquidity shock," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 266-281.
- Larry D. Wall & Pamela P. Peterson, 1996. "Banks' responses to binding regulatory capital requirements," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Mar, pages 1-17.
- Anne Beatty & Anne Gron, 2001. "Capital, Portfolio, and Growth: Bank Behavior Under Risk-Based Capital Guidelines," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 20(1), pages 5-31, September.
- Simon Firestone & Amy Lorenc & Benjamin Ranish, 2017. "An Empirical Economic Assessment of the Costs and Benefits of Bank Capital in the US," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-034, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Itai Agur & Maria Demertzis, 2015.
"Will Macroprudential Policy Counteract Monetary Policy’s Effects on Financial Stability?,"
IMF Working Papers
15/283, International Monetary Fund.
- Itai Agur & Maria Demertzis, 2018. "Will macroprudential policy counteract monetary policy’s effects on financial stability?," Working Papers 23907, Bruegel.
- Arturo Estrella, 1998. "The Future of Regulatory Capital: General Principles and Specific Proposals," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 134(IV), pages 599-616, December.
- Maarten Gelderman, 2011. "The Use of Capital Requirements to Reconcile Social and Private Interests in the Banking Industry," Chapters,in: Institutions and Regulation for Economic Growth?, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Niklaus Blattner, 1995. "Panel Discussion - Statements and Comments," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 131(IV), pages 819-830, December.
- Giovanni B. Pittaluga, 2016. "L’aumento dei requisiti di capitale minimo delle banche: alcune considerazioni," ECONOMIA E DIRITTO DEL TERZIARIO, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(3), pages 409-422.
- Luca Giacó & Patrick Musso, 1998. "Réglementation des fonds propres et dynamique de la firme bancaire," Revue Française d'Économie, Programme National Persée, vol. 13(2), pages 289-309.
- O. de Bandt & B. Camara & A. Maitre & P. Pessarossi, 2016. "Optimal capital, regulatory requirements and bank performance in times of crisis: Evidence from France," Débats économiques et financiers 24, Banque de France.
- Kjell Bjørn Nordal, 2006. "Banks’ optimal implementation strategies for a risk sensitive regulatory capital rule: a real options and signalling approach," Working Paper 2006/12, Norges Bank.
- Franz R. Hahn, 2015. "The Empirics of Balance Sheet Mechanics. Capital and Leverage in Small-scale Banking," WIFO Working Papers 498, WIFO.
- Graham Hall & Patrick Hutchinson & Nicos Michaelas, 2000. "Industry Effects on the Determinants of Unquoted SMEs' Capital Structure," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 297-312.
- George J. Benston & Paul Irvine & Jim Rosenfeld & Joseph F. Sinkey, 2000. "Bank capital structure, regulatory capital, and securities innovations," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2000-18, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Richard J. Herring & Anthony M. Santomero, 2000. "What Is Optimal Financial Regulation?," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-34, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Arturo Estrella, 1998. "Formulas or supervision? Remarks on the future of regulatory capital," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Oct, pages 191-200.
- Kleff, Volker, 2005. "Capital policy of German savings banks: a survey," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-63, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Robert-Paul Berben & Beata Bierut & Jan Willem van den End & Jan Kakes, 2010. "Macro-effects of higher capital and liquidity requirements for banks," DNB Occasional Studies 803, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:8:y:2010:i:2:p:14566986 is not listed on IDEAS
- 0. De Bandt & B. Camara & P. Pessarossi & M. Rose, 2014. "Does the capital structure affect banks’ profitability? Pre- and post financial crisis evidence from significant banks in France," Débats économiques et financiers 12, Banque de France.
- Beatty, Anne & Liao, Scott, 2014. "Financial accounting in the banking industry: A review of the empirical literature," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 339-383.
- repec:eee:eecrev:v:95:y:2017:i:c:p:125-141 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martin Hellwig, 2010.
"Capital Regulation after the Crisis: Business as Usual?,"
ifo DICE Report,
ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 8(2), pages 40-46, July.
- Martin Hellwig, 2010. "Capital Regulation after the Crisis: Business as Usual?," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2010_31, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- repec:oup:ereveh:v:21:y:2017:i:1:p:64-82. is not listed on IDEAS