Do the M & M propositions apply to banks?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Black, Fischer & Miller, Merton H & Posner, Richard A, 1978. "An Approach to the Regulation of Bank Holding Companies," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(3), pages 379-412, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Moe Thorvald Grung, 2018. "Financial Stability and Money Creation: A Review of Morgan Ricks: The Money Problem," Accounting, Economics, and Law: A Convivium, De Gruyter, vol. 8(2), pages 1-16, July.
- Swamy, Vighneswara, 2012. "Financial Holding Company Structure for India," MPRA Paper 47515, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rainer Masera, 2014. "CRR/CRD IV: the trees and the forest," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 67(271), pages 381-422.
- Claudio E. V. Borio & Renato Filosa, 1994. "The changing borders of banking: trends and implications," BIS Working Papers 23, Bank for International Settlements.
- Edward Kane, 2001.
"Financial safety nets: reconstructing and modelling a policymaking metaphor,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 237-273.
- Edward J. Kane, 2001. "Financial Safety Nets: Reconstructing and Modeling a Policymaking Metaphor," NBER Working Papers 8224, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hanazaki, Masaharu & Souma, Toshiyuki & Wiwattanakantang, Yupana, 2004. "Silent Large Shareholders and Entrenched Bank Management: Evidence from the Banking Crisis in Japan," CEI Working Paper Series 2004-1, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Sofiane Aboura & Emmanuel LÃ©pinette, 2015.
"Do banks satisfy the Modigliani-Miller theorem?,"
Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(2), pages 924-935.
- Sofiane Aboura & Emmanuel Lépinette, 2015. "Do banks satisfy the Modigliani-Miller theorem?," Post-Print hal-01252895, HAL.
- João Santos, 1998.
"Commercial Banks in the Securities Business: A Review,"
Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 14(1), pages 35-60, July.
- João A. C. Santos, 1996. "Commercial banks in the securities business: a review," Working Papers (Old Series) 9610, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- João A. C. Santos, 1998. "Commercial banks in the securities business: A review," BIS Working Papers 56, Bank for International Settlements.
- Kristine Watson Hankins, 2011. "How Do Financial Firms Manage Risk? Unraveling the Interaction of Financial and Operational Hedging," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(12), pages 2197-2212, December.
- Hanazaki, Masaharu & Horiuchi, Akiyoshi, 2002. "A Review of Japan's Bank Crisis from the Governance Perspective," CEI Working Paper Series 2002-3, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Crosignani, Matteo, 2021. "Bank capital, government bond holdings, and sovereign debt capacity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 693-704.
- George J. Benston & Paul Irvine & Jim Rosenfeld & Joseph F. Sinkey, 2000. "Bank capital structure, regulatory capital, and securities innovations," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2000-18, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Brock, Philip L., 1998. "Financial safety nets and incentive structures in Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1993, The World Bank.
- Mohamed Nurullah & Sotiris K. Staikouras, 2008. "The Separation of Banking from Insurance: Evidence from Europe," Multinational Finance Journal, Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 12(3-4), pages 157-184, September.
- Hanazaki, Masaharu & Horiuchi, Akiyoshi, 2003. "A review of Japan's bank crisis from the governance perspective," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 305-325, July.
- Edward Simpson Prescott, 2001. "Regulating bank capital structure to control risk," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sum, pages 35-52.
- Edward Simpson Prescott, 2002. "Can risk-based deposit insurance premiums control moral hazard?," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 87-100.
- Kane, Edward J., 2000. "Designing financial safety nets to fit country circumstances," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2453, The World Bank.
- Barth, James R. & Miller, Stephen Matteo, 2018.
"Benefits and costs of a higher bank “leverage ratio”,"
Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 37-52.
- Miller, Steph & Barth, James, 2017. "Benefits and Costs of a Higher Bank Leverage Ratio," Working Papers 07847, George Mason University, Mercatus Center.
- Kane, Edward J., 1995. "Three paradigms for the role of capitalization requirements in insured financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 431-459, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:19:y:1995:i:3-4:p:483-489. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.