The Subsidy Provided by the Federal Safety Net: Theory and Evidence
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peltzman, Sam, 1970. "Capital Investment in Commercial Banking and Its Relationship to Portfolio Regulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 1-26, Jan.-Feb..
- Boyd, John H. & Graham, Stanley L. & Hewitt, R. Shawn, 1993. "Bank holding company mergers with nonbank financial firms: Effects on the risk of failure," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 43-63, February.
- Carow, Kenneth A & Larsen, Glen A, Jr, 1997. "The Effect of FDICIA Regulation on Bank Holding Companies," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(2), pages 159-74, Summer.
- Kwast, Myron L., 1989. "The impact of underwriting and dealing on bank returns and risks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 101-125, March.
- Frederick Furlong, 1997. "Federal subsidies in banking: the link to financial modernization," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue oct24.
- Kenneth A. Carow & Glen A. Larsen Jr., 1997. "The Effect Of Fdicia Regulation On Bank Holding Companies," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(2), pages 159-174, 06.
- Mark Carey & Mitch Post & Steven A. Sharpe, 1998.
"Does Corporate Lending by Banks and Finance Companies Differ? Evidence on Specialization in Private Debt Contracting,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 845-878, 06.
- Mark Carey & Mitch Post & Steven A. Sharpe, 1996. "Does corporate lending by banks and finance companies differ? Evidence on specialization in private debt contracting," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 96-25, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kathleen A. Kuester & James M. O'Brien, 1990. "Market-based deposit insurance premiums," Proceedings 264, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Ted Temzelides, 1997. "Are bank runs contagious?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Nov, pages 3-14.
- Miller, Merton H., 1995. "Do the M & M propositions apply to banks?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 483-489, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:16:y:1999:i:2:p:125-145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.