The Subsidy Provided by the Federal Safety Net: Theory and Evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kwast, Myron L., 1989. "The impact of underwriting and dealing on bank returns and risks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 101-125, March.
- Mark Carey & Mitch Post & Steven A. Sharpe, 1998.
"Does Corporate Lending by Banks and Finance Companies Differ? Evidence on Specialization in Private Debt Contracting,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 845-878, June.
- Mark S. Carey & Mitchell A. Post & Steven A. Sharpe, 1996. "Does corporate lending by banks and finance companies differ? Evidence on specialization in private debt contracting," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 96-25, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kathleen A. Kuester & James M. O'Brien, 1990. "Market-based deposit insurance premiums," Proceedings 264, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Myron L. Kwast & Wayne Passmore, "undated".
"The Subsidy Provided by the Federal Safety Net: Theory, Measurement, and Containment,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
1997-58, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Myron L. Kwast & Wayne Passmore, 1998. "The subsidy provided by the federal safety net: theory, measurement, and containment," Proceedings 599, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Frederick T. Furlong, 1997. "Federal subsidies in banking: the link to financial modernization," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue oct24.
- Theodosios Temzelides, 1997. "Are bank runs contagious?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Nov, pages 3-14.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1970. "Capital Investment in Commercial Banking and Its Relationship to Portfolio Regulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 1-26, Jan.-Feb..
- Miller, Merton H., 1995. "Do the M & M propositions apply to banks?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 483-489, June.
- Kenneth A. Carow & Glen A. Larsen Jr., 1997. "The Effect Of Fdicia Regulation On Bank Holding Companies," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(2), pages 159-174, June.
- Carow, Kenneth A & Larsen, Glen A, Jr, 1997. "The Effect of FDICIA Regulation on Bank Holding Companies," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(2), pages 159-174, Summer.
- Boyd, John H. & Graham, Stanley L. & Hewitt, R. Shawn, 1993. "Bank holding company mergers with nonbank financial firms: Effects on the risk of failure," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 43-63, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hartarska, Valentina & Nadolnyak, Denis, 2008. "Does rating help microfinance institutions raise funds? Cross-country evidence," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 558-571, October.
- Toader, Oana, 2015.
"Quantifying and explaining implicit public guarantees for European banks,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 136-147.
- Oana TOADER, 2013. "Quantifying and Explaining Implicit Public Guarantees for European Banks," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 1378, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Oana Toader, 2014. "Quantifying and Explaining Implicit Public Guarantees for European Banks," Working Papers halshs-01015376, HAL.
- G.G. Kaufman, 2000. "Banking and Currency Crises and Systemic Risk: A Taxonomy and Review," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 48, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Andreas Lehnert & Wayne Passmore, 1999. "The banking industry and the safety net subsidy," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-34, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
More about this item
Keywordsbanking; subsidy; safety net;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:16:y:1999:i:2:p:125-145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.