The Subsidy Provided by the Federal Safety Net: Theory and Evidence
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 16 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/journal/10693|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Miller, Merton H., 1995. "Do the M & M propositions apply to banks?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 483-489, June.
- Frederick T. Furlong, 1997. "Federal subsidies in banking: the link to financial modernization," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue oct24, pages -.
- Kwast, Myron L., 1989. "The impact of underwriting and dealing on bank returns and risks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 101-125, March.
- Theodosios Temzelides, 1997. "Are bank runs contagious?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Nov, pages 3-14.
- Boyd, John H. & Graham, Stanley L. & Hewitt, R. Shawn, 1993. "Bank holding company mergers with nonbank financial firms: Effects on the risk of failure," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 43-63, February.
- Kathleen A. Kuester & James M. O'Brien, 1990. "Market-based deposit insurance premiums," Proceedings 264, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Kenneth A. Carow & Glen A. Larsen Jr., 1997. "The Effect Of Fdicia Regulation On Bank Holding Companies," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(2), pages 159-174, 06.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1970. "Capital Investment in Commercial Banking and Its Relationship to Portfolio Regulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 1-26, Jan.-Feb..
- Myron L. Kwast & Wayne Passmore, "undated".
"The Subsidy Provided by the Federal Safety Net: Theory, Measurement, and Containment,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
1997-58, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Myron L. Kwast & Wayne Passmore, 1998. "The subsidy provided by the federal safety net: theory, measurement, and containment," Proceedings 599, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Carow, Kenneth A & Larsen, Glen A, Jr, 1997. "The Effect of FDICIA Regulation on Bank Holding Companies," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(2), pages 159-174, Summer.
- Mark Carey & Mitch Post & Steven A. Sharpe, 1998.
"Does Corporate Lending by Banks and Finance Companies Differ? Evidence on Specialization in Private Debt Contracting,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 845-878, 06.
- Mark S. Carey & Mitchell A. Post & Steven A. Sharpe, 1996. "Does corporate lending by banks and finance companies differ? Evidence on specialization in private debt contracting," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 96-25, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:16:y:1999:i:2:p:125-145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.