Capital Regulation after the Crisis: Business as Usual?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Martin Hellwig, 2010. "Capital Regulation after the Crisis: Business as Usual?," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 8(2), pages 40-46, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Hellwig, 2009.
"Systemic Risk in the Financial Sector: An Analysis of the Subprime-Mortgage Financial Crisis,"
Springer, vol. 157(2), pages 129-207, June.
- Martin Hellwig, 2008. "Systemic Risk in the Financial Sector: An Analysis of the Subprime-Mortgage Financial Crisis," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2008_43, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Blum, Jurg, 1999. "Do capital adequacy requirements reduce risks in banking?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 755-771, May.
- Miller, Merton H., 1995. "Do the M & M propositions apply to banks?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 483-489, June.
- Martin Hellwig & Markus Straub, 1996. "Capital Requirements for Market Risks Based on Inhouse Models - Aspects of Quality Assessment," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 132(IV), pages 755-776, December.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial crisis; Basel Accord; banking regulation; capital requirements; modelbased approach; systemic risk;
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2010-09-03 (Banking)
- NEP-BEC-2010-09-03 (Business Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2010-09-03 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-REG-2010-09-03 (Regulation)
- NEP-RMG-2010-09-03 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mpg:wpaper:2010_31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marc Martin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mppggde.html .