The Relevance Of Financial Policy
When the asset market is incomplete, equilibrium allocations are not invariant to changes in the financial policies of firms: in the presence of secondary assets, such as options, whose payoffs depend nonlinearly on the price of equity, the range of attainable reallocations of revenue varies as a firm alters its position in the asset market. Corporate financial policy is thus relevant. When assets are nominal, monetary policy implemented through open market operations is effective.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1989|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: U.S.A.; COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, PAINE WEBBER , New York, NY 10027 U.S.A|
Phone: (212) 854-5553
Web page: http://www.gsb.columbia.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hellwig, Martin F, 1981. "Bankruptcy, Limited Liability, and the Modigliani-Miller Theorem," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(1), pages 155-70, March.
- Mas-Colell,Andreu, 1985.
"The Theory of General Economic Equilibrium,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521265140, june. pag.
- Gottardi, P., 1990.
"On The Non Neutrality Of Money With Incomplete Market,"
158, Cambridge - Risk, Information & Quantity Signals.
- Gottardi Piero, 1994. "On the Non-neutrality of Money with Incomplete Markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 209-220, February.
- Eckwert, Bernhard, 1993. "Allocative effects of financial assets and the long run neutrality of money when markets are incomplete," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 75-95, January.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1972.
"On the Irrelevance of Corporate Financial Policy,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
339, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:colubu:fb-89-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.