Diffusion and the International Context of Democratization
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexandra Brausmann & Elise Grieg, 2020. "Resource Discoveries and the Political Survival of Dictators," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 20/345, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Bosker, Maarten & de Ree, Joppe, 2014. "Ethnicity and the spread of civil war," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 206-221.
- Aidt, Toke S. & Jensen, Peter S., 2014.
"Workers of the world, unite! Franchise extensions and the threat of revolution in Europe, 1820–1938,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 52-75.
- Aidt, Toke S. & Jensen, Peter S., 2010. "Workers of the world, unite! Franchise extensions and the threat of revolution in Europe, 1820-1938," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 7/2010, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Business and Economics.
- Aidt, T.S. & Jensen, P.S., 2011. "Workers of the World, Unite! Franchise Extensions and the Threat of Revolution in Europe, 1820-1938," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1102, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Toke Aidt & Peter S. Jensen, 2011. "Workers of the World, Unite! Franchise Extensions and the Threat of Revolution in Europe, 1820-1938," CESifo Working Paper Series 3417, CESifo.
- Sijeong Lim & Victor Menaldo & Aseem Prakash, 2015. "Foreign aid, economic globalization, and pollution," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 48(2), pages 181-205, June.
- Martin Gassebner & Michael J. Lamla & James Raymond Vreeland, 2013. "Extreme Bounds of Democracy," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 57(2), pages 171-197, April.
- Bove, Vincenzo & Platteau, Jean-Philippe & Sekeris, Petros G., 2017. "Political repression in autocratic regimes," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 410-428.
- Anping Chen & Marlon Boarnet & Mark Partridge & Raffaella Calabrese & Johan A. Elkink, 2014.
"Estimators Of Binary Spatial Autoregressive Models: A Monte Carlo Study,"
Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(4), pages 664-687, September.
- Raffaella Calabrese & Johan A. Elkink, 2012. "Estimators of Binary Spatial Autoregressive Models: A Monte Carlo Study," Working Papers 201215, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Gutmann, Jerg & Voigt, Stefan, 2018. "The rule of law: Measurement and deep roots," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 68-82.
- Zohid Askarov & Hristos Doucouliagos, 2013. "Does aid improve democracy and governance? A meta-regression analysis," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 157(3), pages 601-628, December.
- Buscaneanu, Sergiu, 2016. "Domestic facilitators and impediments to EU democracy promotion in its Eastern neighbourhood: The cost-benefit balance of norm adoption," Discussion Papers 2/16, Europa-Kolleg Hamburg, Institute for European Integration.
- Bove, Vincenzo & Nisticò, Roberto, 2014. "Military in politics and budgetary allocations," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 1065-1078.
- Irene S. WU, 2014. "Diffusion of regulatory Policy Across Nations: The Example of Number Portability," Communications & Strategies, IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 1(95), pages 111-132, 3rd quart.
- Pauls, Scott D. & Cranmer, Skyler J., 2017. "Affinity communities in United Nations voting: Implications for democracy, cooperation, and conflict," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 484(C), pages 428-439.
- Nadine Ansorg, 2014. "Wars without borders: Conditions for the development of regional conflict systems in sub-Saharan Africa," International Area Studies Review, Center for International Area Studies, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, vol. 17(3), pages 295-312, September.
- Karen Rasler & William R. Thompson, 2011. "Borders, Rivalry, Democracy, and Conflict in the European Region, 1816-1994," Conflict Management and Peace Science, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 28(3), pages 280-305, July.
- Tansey, Oisin & Koehler, Kevin & Schmotz, Alexander, 2017. "Ties to the rest: autocratic linkages and regime survival," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 1221-1254.
- Goderis, Benedikt & Versteeg, Mila, 2014. "The diffusion of constitutional rights," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1-19.
- Wantchekon, Leonard & Garcia-Ponce, Omar, 2013. "Critical Junctures: Independence Movements and Democracy in Africa," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 173, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Franziska Deutsch & Christian Welzel, 2016. "The Diffusion of Values among Democracies and Autocracies," Global Policy, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 7(4), pages 563-570, November.
- Joseph Wright, 2009. "How Foreign Aid Can Foster Democratization in Authoritarian Regimes," American Journal of Political Science, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 53(3), pages 552-571, July.
- Alexander Baturo, 2007. "Presidential Succession and Democratic Transitions," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp209, IIIS.
- Owen, John M., 2016. "Global power shifts and the future of democracy: An evolutionary approach, with special attention to China," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Global Governance SP IV 2016-108, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Thomas Ambrosio & Jakob Tolstrup, 2019. "How do we tell authoritarian diffusion from illusion? Exploring methodological issues of qualitative research on authoritarian diffusion," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 53(6), pages 2741-2763, November.
- Baccini, Leonardo, 2012. "Democratization and trade policy: an empirical analysis of developing countries," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 44924, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Swinerd, Chris & McNaught, Ken R., 2015. "Comparing a simulation model with various analytic models of the international diffusion of consumer technology," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 330-343.
- Fanny Coulomb & Jacques Fontanel, 2011. "Guerre et capitalisme," Working Papers hal-02185228, HAL.
- Andersen, Thomas Barnebeck & Jensen, Peter Sandholt, 2019. "Preaching democracy: The second Vatican council and the third wave," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 525-540.
- Jacques Fontanel, 2015. "Economic causes of wars. An historical essay," Post-Print hal-02058399, HAL.
- Stephen C. Nelson & Geoffrey P. R. Wallace, 2017. "Are IMF lending programs good or bad for democracy?," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 523-558, December.
- Marek Hanusch, 2013. "Islam and democracy: a response," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 154(3), pages 315-321, March.
- Peter T. Leeson & Andrea M. Dean, 2009. "The Democratic Domino Theory: An Empirical Investigation," American Journal of Political Science, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 53(3), pages 533-551, July.
- Baccini, Leonardo & Lenzi, Veronica & Thurner, Paul W., 2013. "Global energy governance: trade, infrastructure, and the diffusion of international organizations," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 62309, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Mikael Sandberg & Per Lundberg, 2012. "Political Institutions and Their Historical Dynamics," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 7(10), pages 1-10, October.
- Brian Greenhill, 2020. "How can international organizations shape public opinion? analysis of a pair of survey-based experiments," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 165-188, January.
- Espen Geelmuyden Rød & Carl Henrik Knutsen & Håvard Hegre, 2020. "The determinants of democracy: a sensitivity analysis," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 185(1), pages 87-111, October.
- Mohamad Al-Ississ & Samer Atallah, 2014. "Diffusion of Dissidence in Arab Public Opinion," Working Papers 900, Economic Research Forum, revised 2014.