Political Opportunity Structures and Political Protest: Anti-Nuclear Movements in Four Democracies
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jakob Anton Luger, 2015. "Ein neues Werkzeug: Die EuropÃ¤ische BÃ¼rgerinitiative am Fallbeispiel von â€žright2waterâ€œ," Working Papers of the Vienna Institute for European integration research (EIF) 4, Institute for European integration research (EIF).
- Jale Tosun & Aurel Croissant, 2016. "Policy Diffusion: A Regime-sensitive Conceptual Framework," Global Policy, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 7(4), pages 534-540, November.
- Jung-In Jo & Hyun Jin Choi, 2019. "Enigmas of grievances about inequality: Effects of attitudes toward inequality and government redistribution on protest participation," International Area Studies Review, Center for International Area Studies, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, vol. 22(4), pages 348-368, December.
- Sébastien Mena & Daniel Waeger, 2014. "Activism for Corporate Responsibility: Conceptualizing Private Regulation Opportunity Structures," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(7), pages 1091-1117, November.
- Kelly, Brendan D., 2008. "The emerging mental health strategy of the European Union: A multi-level work-in-progress," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 60-70, January.
- Silke Roth, 2018. "Introduction: Contemporary Counter-Movements in the Age of Brexit and Trump," Sociological Research Online, , vol. 23(2), pages 496-506, June.
- Joly, Philippe, 2018. "Generations and Protest in Eastern Germany: Between Revolution and Apathy," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 704-737.
- Alison Harcourt, 2013. "Participatory Gains and Policy Effectiveness: The Open Method of Co-ordination Information Society," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(4), pages 667-683, July.
- Hector Galindo Silva, 2018.
"Political Openness and Armed Conflict: Evidence from Local Councils in Colombia,"
Documentos de EconomÃa
016720, Universidad Javeriana - BogotÃ¡.
- Hector Galindo-Silva, 2019. "Political Openness and Armed Conflict: Evidence from Local Councils in Colombia," Papers 1910.03712, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2020.
- Hector Galindo Silva, 2018. "Political Openness and Armed Conflict: Evidence from Local Councils in Colombia," Vniversitas EconÃ³mica 016721, Universidad Javeriana - BogotÃ¡.
- Roller, Edeltraud & Weßels, Bernhard, 1996. "Contexts of political protest in Western democracies: Political organization and modernity," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Institutions and Social Change FS III 96-202, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Ahmet Conker, 2016. "The Power Struggle In The Layer Of Transnational Hydropolitics: The Case Of The Ilisu Dam Project," Eurasian Journal of Social Sciences, Eurasian Publications, vol. 4(4), pages 14-34.
- Bornstein, Nicholas & Lanz, Bruno, 2008. "Voting on the environment: Price or ideology? Evidence from Swiss referendums," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 430-440, October.
- Geels, Frank W., 2010. "Ontologies, socio-technical transitions (to sustainability), and the multi-level perspective," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 495-510, May.
- Michaël Mangeon & Frédérique Pallez, 2018. "Supplely regulating nuclear risks: The origins of a French exception (1960-1985)," Post-Print hal-01904855, HAL.
- Zorn, Annika, 2002. "Wie die Löffelente bis nach Brüssel kam - oder: Wie sucht man nach europäischen Bewegungen?," Discussion Papers, Working Group Political Communication and Mobilization P 02-701, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Sergio Belda-Miquel & Jordi Peris Blanes & Alexandre Frediani, 2016. "Institutionalization and Depoliticization of the Right to the City: Changing Scenarios for Radical Social Movements," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 321-339, March.
- Cornelia Woll & Alvaro Artigas, 2007. "When Trade Liberalization Turns into Regulatory Reform: The Impact on Business-Government Relations in International Trade Politics," Post-Print hal-01071209, HAL.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/8526 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hess, David J., 2020. "Incumbent-led transitions and civil society: Autonomous vehicle policy and consumer organizations in the United States," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 151(C).
- Huang, Ying & Porter, Alan L. & Cunningham, Scott W. & Robinson, Douglas K.R. & Liu, Jianhua & Zhu, Donghua, 2018. "A technology delivery system for characterizing the supply side of technology emergence: Illustrated for Big Data & Analytics," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 165-176.
- Maarten Johannes Bezouw & Anastasia Garyfallou & Ioana-Elena Oană & Sebastien Rojon, 2019. "A methodology for cross-national comparative focus group research: illustrations from discussions about political protest," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 53(6), pages 2719-2739, November.
- Kriesi, Hanspeter, 2001. "Die Rolle der Öffentlichkeit im politischen Entscheidungsprozess: Ein konzeptueller Rahmen für ein international vergleichendes Forschungsprojekt," Discussion Papers, Working Group Political Communication and Mobilization P 01-701, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Justin L. Schupp, 2016. "Just where does local food live? Assessing farmers’ markets in the United States," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 33(4), pages 827-841, December.
- Cornelia Woll & Alvaro Artigas, 2007. "When Trade Liberalization Turns into Regulatory Reform: The Impact on Business-Government Relations in International Trade Politics," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/8526, Sciences Po.
- Gerhards, Jürgen & Neidhardt, Friedhelm, 1990. "Strukturen und Funktionen moderner Öffentlichkeit: Fragestellungen und Ansätze," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: The Public and the Social Movement FS III 90-101, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Kazenin, Konstantin (Казенин, Константин) & Koroleva, Maria (Королева, Мария), 2018. "Sociology of Social Movements – Main Approaches [Социология Общественных Движений – Основные Подходы]," Working Papers 061802, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Scheer, Dirk & Konrad, Wilfried & Wassermann, Sandra, 2017. "The good, the bad, and the ambivalent: A qualitative study of public perceptions towards energy technologies and portfolios in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 89-100.
- Wu, Jing & Chang, I-Shin & Yilihamu, Qimanguli & Zhou, Yu, 2017. "Study on the practice of public participation in environmental impact assessment by environmental non-governmental organizations in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 186-200.
- Watanabe, Tsutomu, 2007. "International comparison on the occurrence of social movements," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(7), pages 806-812, July.
- Manlio Cinalli, 2003. "Socio‐politically polarized contexts, urban mobilization and the environmental movement: a comparative study of two campaigns of protest in Northern Ireland," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(1), pages 158-177, March.
- Zachrisson, Anna & Beland Lindahl, Karin, 2019. "Political opportunity and mobilization: The evolution of a Swedish mining-sceptical movement," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C).
- John Gaffney, 2003. "The French Fifth Republic as an Opportunity Structure: A Neo‐institutional and Cultural Approach to the Study of Leadership Politics," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 51(4), pages 686-705, December.
- Solomon, Barry D. & Krishna, Karthik, 2011. "The coming sustainable energy transition: History, strategies, and outlook," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 7422-7431.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/8523 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sierra, Jazmin & Hochstetler, Kathryn, 2017. "Transnational activist networks and rising powers: transparency and environmental concerns in the Brazilian National Development Bank," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 79089, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Newton, Kenneth & Giebler, Heiko, 2008. "Patterns of participation: Political and social participation in 22 nations," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Democracy and Democratization SP IV 2008-201, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Patibandla Srikant, 2009. "Koodankulam Anti-Nuclear Movement: A Struggle for Alternative Development?," Working Papers 232, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Coppens, Tom & Van Dooren, Wouter & Thijssen, Peter, 2018. "Public opposition and the neighborhood effect: How social interaction explains protest against a large infrastructure project," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 633-640.
- Michelsen, Claus & El-Shagi, Makram & Rosenschon, Sebastian, 2016. "The diffusion of "green'' buildings in the housing market: empirics on the long run effects of energy efficiency regulation," VfS Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145534, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Lars Sorge & Anne Neumann & Christian von Hirschhausen & Ben Wealer, 2019. "Nuclear Power, Democracy, Development, and Nuclear Warheads: Determinants for Introducing Nuclear Power," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1811, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Cornelia Woll, 2006. "Lobbying in the European Union: From Sui Generis to a Comparative Perspective," Post-Print hal-01021182, HAL.
- Livia Johannesson & Noomi Weinryb, 2021. "How to blame and make a difference: perceived responsibility and policy consequences in two Swedish pro-migrant campaigns," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 54(1), pages 41-62, March.
- Karen Stenner & Zim Nwokora, 2015. "Current and Future Friends of the Earth: Assessing Cross-National Theories of Environmental Attitudes," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(6), pages 1-21, May.
- König Pascal D., 2020. "Why Digital-Era Political Marketing is Not the Death Knell for Democracy: On the Importance of Placing Political Microtargeting in the Context of Party Competition," Statistics, Politics and Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 87-110, June.
- Cornelia Woll, 2006. "Lobbying in the European Union: From Sui Generis to a Comparative Perspective," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/8523, Sciences Po.
- Luis Diestre & Juan Santaló, 2020. "Why Do Firms Suffer Differently from Input Stigmatization? The Costs of Removing Stigmatized Inputs," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(1), pages 47-66, January.
- Ganz, Marshall Louis & Skocpol, Theda & Munson, Ziad, 2000. "A Nation of Organizers: The Institutional Origins of Civic Voluntarism in the United States," Scholarly Articles 12641806, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Matthias Brachert & Christoph Hornych, 2011. "Entrepreneurial Opportunity and the Formation of the Photovoltaic Industry in Eastern Germany," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1460, European Regional Science Association.
- Henry, Laura, 2001. "The Greening of Grassroots Democracy? The Russian Environmental Movement, Foreign Aid, and Democratization," Program in Soviet and Post-Soviet Studies, Working Paper Series qt8dz7v28n, Institute of Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Joly, Philippe, 2018. "Generations and protest in Eastern Germany: Between revolution and apathy," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Democracy and Democratization SP V 2018-101, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Brigitte Horváthová & Michael Dobbins, 2019. "Organised Interests in the Energy Sector: A Comparative Study of the Influence of Interest Groups in Czechia and Hungary," Politics and Governance, Cogitatio Press, vol. 7(1), pages 139-151.