A Nation of Organizers: The Institutional Origins of Civic Voluntarism in the United States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:90:y:1996:i:02:p:389-397_20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Foley, Michael W. & Edwards, Bob, 1999. "Is It Time to Disinvest in Social Capital?," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(02), pages 141-173, May.
- Kitschelt, Herbert P., 1986. "Political Opportunity Structures and Political Protest: Anti-Nuclear Movements in Four Democracies," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(01), pages 57-85, January.
- Hall, Peter A. & Taylor, Rosemary C. R., 1996. "Political science and the three new institutionalisms," MPIfG Discussion Paper 96/6, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Miguel, Edward A. & Gertler, Paul & Levine, David I., 2003.
"Did Industrialization Destroy Social Capital in Indonesia?,"
Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series
qt9kt2m860, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Edward Miguel & Paul Gertler & David Levine, 2004. "Did Industrialization Destroy Social Capital in Indonesia?," Development and Comp Systems 0407006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Margit Mayer, 2003. "The onward sweep of social capital: causes and consequences for understanding cities, communities and urban movements," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(1), pages 110-132, March.
- Alberto Alesina & Edward Glaeser & Bruce Sacerdote, 2001. "Why Doesn't The US Have a European-Style Welfare State?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1933, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Edward Walker, 2005. "The Influence of Organizational Structure, Membership Composition and Resources on the survival of Poor Peopleâ€™s Social Movement Organizations," Working Papers id:23, eSocialSciences.
- Andrew Savage & Jonathan Isham & Christopher McGrory Klyza, 2003. "The Changing Composition and Influence of Land-Based Groups: Evidence from Two Counties in Vermont," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0306, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Christopher McGrory Klyza & Andrew Savage & Jonathan Isham, 2004.
"Local Environmental Groups, the Creation of Social Capital, and Environmental Policy: Evidence from Vermont,"
Middlebury College Working Paper Series
0407, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Christopher McGrory Klyza & Andrew Savage & Jonathan Isham, 2005. "Local Environmental Groups, the Creation of Social Capital, and Environmental Policy: Evidence from Vermont," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0407r, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Brian Obach & Kathleen Tobin, 2014. "Civic agriculture and community engagement," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 31(2), pages 307-322, June.
- Haveman, Heather A. & Habinek, Jacob & Goodman, Leo A., 2010. "The Press and the Public Sphere: Magazine Entrepreneurs in Antebellum America," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt7f90p6rq, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Olivia Patterson & Frederick Weil & Kavita Patel, 2010. "The Role of Community in Disaster Response: Conceptual Models," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 29(2), pages 127-141, April.
- Alberto Alesina & Edward Glaeser & Bruce Sacerdote, 2001. "Why Doesn't the US Have a European-Style Welfare System?," NBER Working Papers 8524, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Savage & Christopher McGrory Klyza & Jonathan Isham, 2004. "The Greening of Social Capital: An Examination of Land-Based Groups in Two Vermont Counties," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0306r, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hrv:hksfac:12641806. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Office for Scholarly Communication). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ksharus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.