Institute of Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies, UC Berkeley
Program in Soviet and Post-Soviet Studies, Working Paper Series
- qt410258c8 Civic Forum, Public against Violence, and the Struggle for Slovakia
by Krapfl, James
- qt25b624gd The Poet of Fire: Aleksandr Skriabinâ€™s Synaesthetic Symphony â€œPrometheusâ€ and the Russian Symbolist Poetics of Light
by Dimova, Polina
- qt1b88b59g Religiosity and Trust in Religious Institutions: Tales from the South Caucasus (Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia)
by Charles, Robia
- qt4wr2g4kf Communism on Trial: The Slansky Affair and Anti-Semitism in Post-WWII Europe
by Blumenthal, Helaine
- qt0mg0q54r â€œThe Language of the Swordâ€ : Alexksandr Bek, The Writers Union and Baurdzhan Momysh-uly in Battle for the memory of Volokolamskoe shosse
by Schechter, Brandon
- qt03q8t431 15 Years after the â€œCollapseâ€ of Soviet Socialism: The Role of Elite Choices, Class Conflict, and a Critique of Modernization Theory
by Akturk, Sener
- qt0333q36j Heroes, Cowards, & Traitors: The Crimean War & its Challenge to Russian Autocracy
by Peri, Alexis
- qt3b18d2p8 Babushki as Surrogate Wives: How Single Mothers and Grandmothers Negotiate the Division of Labor in Russia
by Utrata, Jennifer
- qt1ws054s5 Between â€œEuropeâ€ and â€œAfricaâ€ : Building the â€œNewâ€ Ukraine on the Shoulders of Migrant Women
by Solari, Cinzia
- qt87w1v9rd The Nineteenth-Century Russian Gypsy Choir and the Performance of Otherness
by Scott, Erik R.
- qt5r96h3sb Weaving Shuttles and Ginseng Roots: Commodity Flows and Migration in a Borderland of the Russian Far East
by Holzlehner, Tobias
- qt2p3674pw The Many Ends of Old Odessa: Memories of the Gilded Age in Russiaâ€™s City of Sin
by Tanny, Jarrod
- qt8ds7f6zm The Nature of Mass Communist Beliefs in Postcommunist Russian Political Space
by Lussier, Danielle
- qt8jw8f696 From Solidarity to Division: An Analysis of Lech Walesa's Transition to Constituted Leadership
by Lussier, Danielle
- qt6dd333r5 Ethnic War, Holy War, War O' War: Does the Adjective Matter in Explaining Collective Political Violence?
by Walker, Edward W.
- qt4j19w9f4 Does Money Buy Happiness in Unhappy Russia?
by Zavisca, Jane & Hout, Michael
- qt7149d486 Islam and Islamic Practices in Georgia
by Sanikidze, George & Walker, Edward W.
- qt5pp7r1x3 The Other
by Khudonazar, Anaita
- qt1mg8f31q Reexamining the "Serbian Exceptionalism" Thesis
by Vujacic, Veljko
- qt3pv4g8zf Why We Hate You: The Passions of National Identity and Ethnic Violence
by Suny, Ronald Grigor
- qt0dn0s80v The Transformation of Askar Akaev, President of Kyrgyzstan
by Spector, Regine A.
- qt2j57b1h5 Is the Personal Political? The Development of Armenia's NGO Sector During the Post-Soviet Period
by Ishkanian, Armine
- qt7ch968cn Militant Islam in Central Asia: The Case of the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan
by Naumkin, Vitaly V.
- qt4gr5w94x Nationalist Mobilization and Imperial Collapse: Serbian and Russian Nationalism Compared, 1987-1991
by Abrams, Neil A.
- qt27g2v7bz The Role of Social Identity in Resistance to International Criminal Law: The Case of Serbia and the ICTY
by Shaw, Emily
- qt8qm1q7mt Croatia's Moments of Truth: The Domestic Politics of State Cooperation with the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia
by Peskin, Victor & Boduszynski, Mieczyslaw P.
- qt4tz0p8pf Fairytale Cynicism in the Kingdom of Plastic Bags: Mapping Power and Powerlessness in Chelnochovsk-na-Dniestre, Ukraine
by Blank, Diana R.
- qt81z5217g Language "Purity" and the De-Russification of Tatar
by Wertheim, Suzanne
- qt23m654p8 Civilizing the State Bureaucracy: The Unfulfilled Promise of Public Administration Reform in Poland, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic (1990-2000)
by O'Dwyer, Conor
- qt64d7v9hj Georgia's Pankisi Gorge: An Ethnographic Survey
by Kurtsikidze, Shorena & Chikovani, Vakhtang
- qt76x5b070 Inequality in Transition? Educational Stratification and German Unification
by Kesler, Christel D.
- qt4b75135h Whither Democracy? The Politics of Dejection in the 2000 Romanian Elections
by Pop-Eleches, Grigore
- qt8dz7v28n The Greening of Grassroots Democracy? The Russian Environmental Movement, Foreign Aid, and Democratization
by Henry, Laura
- qt0fs1526m China, the Fun House Mirror: Soviet Reactions to the Chinese Cultural Revolution, 1966-1969
by McGuire, Elizabeth
- qt53q654p5 Reshaping Eurasia: Foreign Policy Strategies and Leadership Assets in Post-Soviet South Caucasus
by Alieva, Leila
- qt0c2794v4 From Ter-Petrosian to Kocharian: Leadership Change in Armenia
by Astourian, Stephan H.
- qt1zh7z9h6 State Building and the Reconstruction of Shattered Societies. 1999 Caucasus Conference Report
by Ascher, Ivan & Patten, Alexandra & Monczewski, Denise
- qt0cb7p3j6 Russia's Soft Underbelly: The Stability of Instability in Dagestan
by Walker, Edward W.
- qt45t9r2f1 Prisoners of the Caucasus: Literary Myths and Media Representations of the Chechen Conflict
by Ram, Harsha
- qt05p270xf The Geopolitics of Oil, Gas, and Ecology in the Caucasus and Caspian Sea Basin. 1998 Caucasus Conference Report
by Garcelon, Marc & Walker, Edward W. & Patten-Wood, Alexandra & Radovich, Aleksandra
- qt9cm4d9vn Mother Tongue: Linguistic Nationalism and the Cult of Translation in Postcommunist Armenia
by Abrahamian, Levon Hm.
- qt7rq5g9rc Soviet and Post-Soviet Area Studies
by Bonnell, Victoria E. & Breslauer, George W.
- qt5sh3m78p Institutions, Identity, and Ethnic Conflict: International Experience and Its Implications for the Caucasus. 1997 Caucasus Conference Report
by Garcelon, Marc & Johnstone, Kari & Patten-Wood, Alexandra & Eskin, Enna
- qt4qr0m8wn Causes and Visions of Conflict in Abkhazia
by Nodia, Ghia