Voting on contributions to a threshold public goods game: An experimental investigation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ehrhart, Karl-Martin & Gardner, Roy & von Hagen, Jurgen & Keser, Claudia, 2007.
"Budget processes: Theory and experimental evidence,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 279-295, May.
- Karl-Martin Ehrhart & Roy Gardner & Jürgen von Hagen & Claudia Keser, 1999. "Budget Processes: Theory and Experimental Evidence," CIRANO Working Papers 99s-33, CIRANO.
- Ehrhart, Karl-Martin & Gardner, Roy & von Hagen, Jürgen & Keser*, Claudia, 2004. "Budget Processes: Theory and Experimental Evidence," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 04-57, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Ehrhart, Karl-Martin & Gardner, Roy J. & Hagen, Jürgen von & Keser, Claudia, 2004. "Budget processes : theory and experimental evidence," Papers 04-57, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Ehrhart, Karl-Martin & Gardner, Roy & von Hagen, Jürgen & Keser, Claudia, 2000. "Budget processes: Theory and experimental evidence," ZEI Working Papers B 18-2000, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Karl-Martin Ehrhart & Roy Gardner & Juergen von Hagen & Claudia Keser, 2006. "Budget Processes: Theory and Experimental Evidence," Caepr Working Papers 2006-009, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Ehrhart, Karl-Martin & Gardner, Roy & Hagen, Jürgen von & Keser, Claudia, 2006. "Budget Processes: Theory and Experimental Evidence," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 146, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Ehrhart, Karl-Martin & Gardner, Roy J & Keser, Claudia & von Hagen, Jürgen, 2001. "Budget Processes: Theory and Experimental Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 2661, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Scott Barrett & Astrid Dannenberg, 2014. "On the Sensitivity of Collective Action to Uncertainty about Climate Tipping Points," CESifo Working Paper Series 4643, CESifo Group Munich.
- James Konow, 2003. "Which Is the Fairest One of All? A Positive Analysis of Justice Theories," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1188-1239, December.
- Stephan Kroll & Todd L. Cherry & Jason F. Shogren, 2007. "Voting, Punishment, And Public Goods," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(3), pages 557-570, July.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Greiner, Ben, 2004. "An Online Recruitment System for Economic Experiments," MPRA Paper 13513, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rachel Croson & Melanie Marks, 2000. "Step Returns in Threshold Public Goods: A Meta- and Experimental Analysis," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 2(3), pages 239-259, March.
- Charles A. Holt & Susan K. Laury, 2002. "Risk Aversion and Incentive Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1644-1655, December.
- Sonnemans, Joep & Schram, Arthur & Offerman, Theo, 1998. "Public good provision and public bad prevention: The effect of framing," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 143-161, January.
- Michael McBride, 2010. "Threshold uncertainty in discrete public good games: an experimental study," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 77-99, February.
- Magdalena Margreiter & Matthias Sutter & Dennis Dittrich, 2005. "Individual and Collective Choice and Voting in Common Pool Resource Problem with Heterogeneous Actors," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 32(2), pages 241-271, October.
- Croson, Rachel & Marks, Melanie, 2001. "The Effect of Recommended Contributions in the Voluntary Provision of Public Goods," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 39(2), pages 238-249, April.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christoph Engel & Bettina Rockenbach, 2014. "Give Everybody a Voice! The Power of Voting in a Public Goods Experiment with Externalities," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2014_16, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
More about this item
Keywordspublic good; threshold uncertainty; experimental economics; unanimous voting; committee; heterogeneity;
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-11-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2014-11-28 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-CDM-2014-11-28 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-EXP-2014-11-28 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-GTH-2014-11-28 (Game Theory)
- NEP-HPE-2014-11-28 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-POL-2014-11-28 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:kitwps:60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fwkitde.html .