On the Provision of Public Goods with Probabilistic and Ambiguous Thresholds
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Morone & Ozlem Ozdemir, 2012. "Displaying Uncertain Information About Probability: Experimental Evidence," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(2), pages 157-171, April.
- Palfrey, Thomas R. & Rosenthal, Howard, 1984.
"Participation and the provision of discrete public goods: a strategic analysis,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 171-193, July.
- Palfrey, Thomas & Rosenthal, Howard., 1983. "Participation and the Provision of Discrete Public Goods: A Strategic Analysi," Working Papers 465, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Carmela Di Mauro & Anna Maffioletti, 2004. "Attitudes to risk and attitudes to uncertainty: experimental evidence," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(4), pages 357-372.
- Fischbacher, Urs & Gachter, Simon & Fehr, Ernst, 2001.
"Are people conditionally cooperative? Evidence from a public goods experiment,"
Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 397-404, June.
- Urs Fischbacher & Simon Gaechter & Ernst Fehr, "undated". "Are People Conditionally Cooperative? Evidence from a Public Goods Experiment," IEW - Working Papers 016, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Alpizar, Francisco & Carlsson, Fredrik & Naranjo, Maria A., 2011. "The effect of ambiguous risk, and coordination on farmers' adaptation to climate change — A framed field experiment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(12), pages 2317-2326.
- M. Vittoria Levati & Andrea Morone, 2013. "Voluntary Contributions with Risky and Uncertain Marginal Returns: The Importance of the Parameter Values," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 15(5), pages 736-744, October.
- Alessandro Tavoni & Astrid Dannenberg & Giorgos Kallis & Andreas L�schel, 2011.
"Inequality, communication and the avoidance of disastrous climate change,"
GRI Working Papers
34, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Tavoni, Alessandro & Dannenberg, Astrid & Kallis, Giorgos & Löschel, Andreas, 2011. "Inequality, communication and the avoidance of disastrous climate change," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 37570, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Alessandro Tavoni & Astrid Dannenberg & Giorgos Kallis & Andreas Loeschel, 2011. "Inequality, Communication and the Avoidance of Disastrous Climate Change," CCEP Working Papers 1103, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Tavoni, Alessandro & Dannenberg, Astrid & Kallis, Giorgos & Loschel, Andreas, 2011. "Inequality, Communication and the Avoidance of Disastrous Climate Change," Working Papers 249389, Australian National University, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy.
- Daniel Balliet, 2010. "Communication and Cooperation in Social Dilemmas: A Meta-Analytic Review," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 54(1), pages 39-57, February.
- M. Levati & Andrea Morone & Annamaria Fiore, 2009.
"Voluntary contributions with imperfect information: An experimental study,"
Springer, vol. 138(1), pages 199-216, January.
- Annamaria Fiore & M. Vittoria Levati & Andrea Morone, 2006. "Voluntary contributions with imperfect information: An experimental study," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2006-30, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Hasson, Reviva & Löfgren, Åsa & Visser, Martine, 2010.
"Climate change in a public goods game: Investment decision in mitigation versus adaptation,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 331-338, December.
- Hasson, Reviva & Löfgren, Åsa & Visser, Martine, 2009. "Climate Change in a Public Goods Game: Investment Decision in Mitigation versus Adaptation," Working Papers in Economics 416, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Hasson, Reviva & Löfgren, Åsa & Visser, Martine, 2009. "Climate Change in a Public Goods Game: Investment Decision in Mitigation versus Adaptation," Discussion Papers dp-09-23-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Barrett, Scott, 2013. "Climate treaties and approaching catastrophes," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 235-250.
- Elinor Ostrom, 2000. "Collective Action and the Evolution of Social Norms," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 137-158, Summer.
- Rachel Croson & Melanie Marks, 2000. "Step Returns in Threshold Public Goods: A Meta- and Experimental Analysis," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 2(3), pages 239-259, March.
- Mark Bagnoli & Barton L. Lipman, 1989. "Provision of Public Goods: Fully Implementing the Core through Private Contributions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(4), pages 583-601.
- John Hey & Gianna Lotito & Anna Maffioletti, 2010.
"The descriptive and predictive adequacy of theories of decision making under uncertainty/ambiguity,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 81-111, October.
- John D Hey & Gianna Lotito & Anna Maffioletti, 2008. "The Descriptive and Predictive Adequacy of Theories of Decision Making Under Uncertainty/Ambiguity," Discussion Papers 08/04, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Camerer, Colin & Weber, Martin, 1992.
"Recent Developments in Modeling Preferences: Uncertainty and Ambiguity,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 325-370, October.
- Camerer, Colin F. & Weber, Martin, 1991. "Recent developments in modelling preferences: Uncertainty and ambiguitiy," Manuskripte aus den Instituten für Betriebswirtschaftslehre der Universität Kiel 275, Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel, Institut für Betriebswirtschaftslehre.
- Michael McBride, 2010. "Threshold uncertainty in discrete public good games: an experimental study," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 77-99, February.
- Yosef Bhatti & Kasper Lindskow & Lene Holm Pedersen, 2010. "Burden-sharing and global climate negotiations: the case of the Kyoto Protocol," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 131-147, March.
- Steven J. Lade & Alessandro Tavoni & Simon A. Levin & Maja Schl�ter, 2013. "Regime shifts in a social-ecological system," GRI Working Papers 105, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- McBride, Michael, 2006. "Discrete public goods under threshold uncertainty," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(6-7), pages 1181-1199, August.
- Reviva Hasson & Åsa Löfgren & Martine Visser, 2012. "Treatment Effects Of Climate Change Risk On Mitigation And Adaptation Behaviour In An Experimental Setting," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 80(3), pages 415-430, September.
- Lata Gangadharan & Veronika Nemes, 2009. "Experimental Analysis Of Risk And Uncertainty In Provisioning Private And Public Goods," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 47(1), pages 146-164, January.
- Nitzan, Shmuel & Romano, Richard E., 1990. "Private provision of a discrete public good with uncertain cost," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 357-370, August.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Björk, Lisa & Kocher, Martin & Martinsson, Peter & Nam Khanh, Pham, 2016. "Cooperation under risk and ambiguity," Working Papers in Economics 683, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Doruk Iris & Alessandro Tavoni, 2016.
"Tipping Points and Loss Aversion in International Environmental Agreements,"
1603, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University.
- İriş, Doruk & Tavoni, Alessandro, 2016. "Tipping Points and Loss Aversion in International Environmental Agreements," EIA: Climate Change: Economic Impacts and Adaptation 232927, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Doruk Iris & Alessandro Tavoni, 2016. "Tipping Points and Loss Aversion in International Environmental Agreements," Working Papers 2016.25, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- G. Calzolari & M. Casari & R. Ghidoni, 2016. "Carbon is Forever: a Climate Change Experiment on Cooperation," Working Papers wp1065, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Vesely, Stepan & Wengström, Erik, 2017. "Risk and Cooperation: Experimental Evidence from Stochastic Public Good Games," Working Papers 2017:3, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- R. Ghidoni & G. Calzolari & M. Casari, 2017.
"Climate Change: Behavioral Responses from Extreme Events and Delayed Damages,"
wp2002, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Ghidoni, Riccardo & Calzolari, G. & Casari, Marco, 2017. "Climate Change : Behavioral Responses from Extreme Events and Delayed Damages," Discussion Paper 2017-024, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Greer Gosnell & Alessandro Tavoni, 2016. "A bargaining experiment on heterogeneity and side deals in climate negotiations," GRI Working Papers 249, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Doncaster, C. Patrick & Tavoni, Alessandro & Dyke, James G., 2017. "Using Adaptation Insurance to Incentivize Climate-change Mitigation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 246-258.
- repec:eee:gamebe:v:104:y:2017:i:c:p:760-774 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCooperation; Experiment; Public good; Threshold uncertainty; Ambiguity; C72; C92; H41; Q54;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:61:y:2015:i:3:p:365-383. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.