Why do people stay? Insider advantages and immobility
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Oded Stark & Christian Helmenstein & Yury Yegorov, 1997.
"Migrants' Savings, Purchasing Power Parity, and the Optimal Duration of Migration,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 4(3), pages 307-324, July.
- Stark, Oded & Helmenstein, Christian & Yegorov, Yuri, 1997. "Migrants' Savings, Purchasing Power Parity, and the Optimal Duration of Migration," Economics Series 44, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Stark, Oded & Bloom, David E, 1985. "The New Economics of Labor Migration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 173-178, May.
- Borjas, George J, 1985. "Assimilation, Changes in Cohort Quality, and the Earnings of Immigrants," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(4), pages 463-489, October.
- Burda, Michael C, 1995.
"Migration and the Option Value of Waiting,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1229, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Burda,M.C., 1995. "Migration and the Option Value of Waiting," Papers 597, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- M. C. Burda, 1995. "Migration and the Option Value of Waiting," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1995,58, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1981. "Qualitative Response Models: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 1483-1536, December.
- I R Gordon & I Molho, 1995. "Duration Dependence in Migration Behaviour: Cumulative Inertia versus Stochastic Change," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 27(12), pages 1961-1975, December.
- Friedberg, Rachel M, 2000.
"You Can't Take It with You? Immigrant Assimilation and the Portability of Human Capital,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(2), pages 221-251, April.
- Rachel M. Friedberg, 1996. "You Can't Take It With You? Immigrant Assimilation and the Portability of Human Capital," NBER Working Papers 5837, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Decressin, Jorg & Fatas, Antonio, 1995. "Regional labor market dynamics in Europe," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1627-1655, December.
- Faini, Riccardo & Galli, Giampaolo & Gennari, Pietro & Rossi, Fulvio, 1997. "An empirical puzzle: Falling migration and growing unemployment differentials among Italian regions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 571-579, April.
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 1-9.
- Laitila, Thomas, 1993. "A pseudo-R2 measure for limited and qualitative dependent variable models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 341-355, April.
- Ghatak, Subrata & Levine, Paul & Price, Stephen Wheatley, 1996. " Migration Theories and Evidence: An Assessment," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 159-198, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephen Drinkwater, 2003. "Go West? Assessing the willingness to move from Central and Eastern European Countries," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0503, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Tanja El-Cherkeh & Max Steinhardt & Thomas Straubhaar, 2006. "Did the European Free Movement of Persons and Residence Directive Change Migration Patterns within the EU? A First Glance," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 4(4), pages 14-20, 02.
- Anders Boman, 2011. "The Mobility of Immigrants and Natives: Evidence from Internal Migration Following Job Displacement," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(3), pages 283-297.
- Kahanec, Martin & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2008.
"Migration in an Enlarged EU: A Challenging Solution?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3913, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Martin Kahanec & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2009. "Migration in an enlarged EU: A challenging solution?," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 363, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Martin Kahanec & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2008. "Migration in an Enlarged EU: A Challenging Solution?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 849, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Kahanec, Martin & Zimmermann, Klaus F, 2009. "Migration in an enlarged EU: A challenging solution?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7200, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:bla:labour:v:31:y:2017:i:4:p:457-479 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maier, Michael F. & Sprietsma, Maresa, 2016. "Does it pay to move? Returns to regional mobility at the start of the career for tertiary education graduates," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-060, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:4:y:2006:i:4:p:14567434 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peter Huber & Klaus Nowotny, 2013.
"Moving across Borders: Who is Willing to Migrate or to Commute?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(9), pages 1462-1481, October.
- Peter Huber & Klaus Nowotny, 2008. "Moving Across Borders: Who is Willing to Migrate or to Commute?," WIFO Working Papers 322, WIFO.
More about this item
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:hwwadp:26310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hwwaade.html .