The Perceived Well-being and Health Costs of Exiting Self-Employment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Milena Nikolova & Boris Nikolaev & Olga Popova, 2020. "The Perceived Well-being and Health Costs of Exiting Self-Employment," Working Papers 386, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Nikolova, Milena & Nikolaev, Boris & Popova, Olga, 2020. "The Perceived Well-Being and Health Costs of Exiting Self-Employment," IZA Discussion Papers 13187, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Hainmueller, Jens, 2012. "Entropy Balancing for Causal Effects: A Multivariate Reweighting Method to Produce Balanced Samples in Observational Studies," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(1), pages 25-46, January.
- John Armour & Douglas Cumming, 2008. "Bankruptcy Law and Entrepreneurship," American Law and Economics Review, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 303-350.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hetschko, Clemens & Knabe, Andreas & Schöb, Ronnie, 2021. "Happiness, Work, and Identity," GLO Discussion Paper Series 783, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Nikolova, Milena & Popova, Olga, 2020. "Sometimes your best just ain't good enough: The worldwide evidence on subjective well-being efficiency," GLO Discussion Paper Series 596, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Carol Graham, 2005. "The Economics of Happiness," World Economics, World Economics, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 6(3), pages 41-55, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Balima, Hippolyte Weneyam, 2020. "Coups d’état and the cost of debt," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 509-528.
- Nicolaj N. Mühlbach, 2020. "Tree-based Synthetic Control Methods: Consequences of moving the US Embassy," CREATES Research Papers 2020-04, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Goethner, Maximilian & Hornuf, Lars & Regner, Tobias, 2021.
"Protecting investors in equity crowdfunding: An empirical analysis of the small investor protection act,"
Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 162(C).
- Maximilian Goethner & Lars Hornuf & Tobias Regner, 2020. "Protecting Investors in Equity Crowdfunding: An Empirical Analysis of the Small Investor Protection Act," CESifo Working Paper Series 8351, CESifo.
- Maximilian Goethner & Lars Hornuf & Tobias Regner, 2020. "Protecting Investors in Equity Crowdfunding: An Empirical Analysis of the Small Investor Protection Act," Jena Economic Research Papers 2020-009, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Miguel García-Posada & Juan Mora-Sanguinetti, 2015.
"Entrepreneurship and enforcement institutions: disaggregated evidence for Spain,"
European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 49-74, August.
- Miguel García-Posada & Juan S. Mora-Sanguinetti, 2014. "Entrepreneurship and enforcement institutions: Disaggregated evidence for Spain," Working Papers 1405, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Susan Athey & Guido W. Imbens & Stefan Wager, 2018.
"Approximate residual balancing: debiased inference of average treatment effects in high dimensions,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 80(4), pages 597-623, September.
- Susan Athey & Guido W. Imbens & Stefan Wager, 2016. "Approximate Residual Balancing: De-Biased Inference of Average Treatment Effects in High Dimensions," Papers 1604.07125, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2018.
- Fackler, Daniel & Hölscher, Lisa & Schnabel, Claus & Weyh, Antje, 2020.
"Does working at a start-up pay off?,"
112, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Fackler, Daniel & Hölscher, Lisa & Schnabel, Claus & Weyh, Antje, 2020. "Does Working at a Start-Up Pay Off?," IZA Discussion Papers 13033, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Fackler, Daniel & Hölscher, Lisa & Schnabel, Claus & Weyh, Antje, 2020. "Does working at a start-up pay off?," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 03/2020, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- T. Razafindranovona, 2016. "Exploitation de l'enquête expérimentale Logement internet/papier," Document de travail "Methodologie Statistique" - DMS Working Paper m2016-08, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques.
- Baborska, Renata & Hernandez-Hernandez, Emilio & Magrini, Emiliano & Morales-Opazo, Cristian, 2018. "The impact of financial inclusion on rural food security experience: a perspective from low-and middle-income countries," MPRA Paper 89249, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hetschko, Clemens & Schöb, Ronnie & Wolf, Tobias, 2020. "Income support, employment transitions and well-being," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(C).
- Lisa L. Posey & Vickie Bajtelsmit, 2017. "Insurance and Endogenous Bankruptcy Risk: When is it Rational to Choose Gambling, Insurance, and Potential Bankruptcy?," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 42(1), pages 15-40, March.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:13:y:2016:i:4:p:19191579 is not listed on IDEAS
- Samuel B. Bonsall & Brian P. Miller, 2017. "The impact of narrative disclosure readability on bond ratings and the cost of debt," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 608-643, June.
- Schwettmann, Lars, 2015. "Decision solution, data manipulation and trust: The (un-)willingness to donate organs in Germany in critical times," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(7), pages 980-989.
- Michael C. Knaus, 2021.
"A double machine learning approach to estimate the effects of musical practice on student’s skills,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 184(1), pages 282-300, January.
- Knaus, Michael C., 2018. "A Double Machine Learning Approach to Estimate the Effects of Musical Practice on Student's Skills," IZA Discussion Papers 11547, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Michael C. Knaus, 2018. "A Double Machine Learning Approach to Estimate the Effects of Musical Practice on Student's Skills," Papers 1805.10300, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2019.
- Francesco Castellaneta & Raffaele Conti & Aleksandra Kacperczyk, 2020. "The (Un) intended consequences of institutions lowering barriers to entrepreneurship: The impact on female workers," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(7), pages 1274-1304, July.
- Aboal, Diego & Tacsir, Ezequiel, 2016. "The impact of ex-ante subsidies to researchers on researcher's productivity: Evidence from a developing country," MERIT Working Papers 2016-019, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Desai, Raj M. & Olofsgård, Anders, 2019. "Can the poor organize? Public goods and self-help groups in rural India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 33-52.
- Graml, Regine & Hagen, Tobias & Ziegler, Yvonne & Khachatryan, Kristine & Herman, Ricky Astrida, 2020. "Lesbische Frauen in der Arbeitswelt: The L-Word in Business," Working Paper Series 15, Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Business and Law.
- Adeola Oyenubi & Martin Wittenberg, 0.
"Does the choice of balance-measure matter under genetic matching?,"
Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-14.
- Adeola Oyenubi & Martin Wittenberg, 2020. "Does the choice of balance-measure matter under Genetic Matching?," Working Papers 819, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Everding, Jakob & Marcus, Jan, 2020.
"The effect of unemployment on the smoking behavior of couples,"
EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 154-170.
- Jakob Everding & Jan Marcus, 2020. "The effect of unemployment on the smoking behavior of couples," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(2), pages 154-170, February.
- Everding, Jakob & Marcus, Jan, 2019. "The effect of unemployment on the smoking behavior of couples," hche Research Papers 2019/17, University of Hamburg, Hamburg Center for Health Economics (hche).
- Jakob Everding & Jan Marcus, 2019. "The Effect of Unemployment on the Smoking Behavior of Couples," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 1037, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Fossen, Frank M., 2011.
"Personal Bankruptcy Law, Wealth and Entrepreneurship: Theory and Evidence from the Introduction of a "Fresh Start","
IZA Discussion Papers
5459, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Frank M. Fossen, 2011. "Personal Bankruptcy Law, Wealth and Entrepreneurship: Theory and Evidence from the Introduction of a "Fresh Start"," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 358, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Frank M. Fossen, 2011. "Personal Bankruptcy Law, Wealth and Entrepreneurship: Theory and Evidence from the Introduction of a "Fresh Start"," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1100, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Fossen, Frank M., 2011. "Personal bankcuptcy law, wealth and entrepreneurship - Theory and evidence from the introduction of a 'fresh start'," Discussion Papers 2011/8, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsentrepreneurship; self-employment; health; well-being; unemployment; job switches;
All these keywords.
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- J28 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Safety; Job Satisfaction; Related Public Policy
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENT-2020-05-11 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-EUR-2020-05-11 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-GEN-2020-05-11 (Gender)
- NEP-HAP-2020-05-11 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-LMA-2020-05-11 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-MAC-2020-05-11 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-TRA-2020-05-11 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:glodps:527. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/glaboea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.