A review of regulatory instruments to control environmental externalities from the transport sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bonnel, Patrick, 1995. "Urban car policy in Europe," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 83-95, April.
- Eskeland, Gunnar S & Feyzioglu, Tarhan, 1997.
"Rationing Can Backfire: The "Day without a Car" in Mexico City,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 11(3), pages 383-408, September.
- Eskeland, Gunnar S. & Feyzioglu, Tarhan, 1995. "Rationing can backfire : the day without a car in Mexico City," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1554, The World Bank.
- Robert W. Crandall, 1992. "Policy Watch: Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 171-180, Spring.
- Greene, David L, 1991. "Short-run Pricing Strategies to Increase Corporate Average Fuel Economy," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(1), pages 101-114, January.
- Dowlatabadi, Hadi & Lave, Lester B & Russell, Armistead G, 1996. "A free lunch at higher CAFE? A review of economic, environmental and social benefits," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 253-264, March.
- Thomas N. Hubbard, 1997. "Using Inspection And Maintenance Programs To Regulate Vehicle Emissions," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 15(2), pages 52-62, April.
- A. Greening, Lorna & Greene, David L. & Difiglio, Carmen, 2000. "Energy efficiency and consumption -- the rebound effect -- a survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 389-401, June.
- Austin, David & Dinan, Terry, 2005. "Clearing the air: The costs and consequences of higher CAFE standards and increased gasoline taxes," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 562-582, November.
- Eskeland, Gunnar S, 1994. "A Presumptive Pigovian Tax: Complementing Regulation to Mimic an Emissions Fee," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 8(3), pages 373-394, September.
- Bezdek, Roger H. & Wendling, Robert M., 2005. "Potential long-term impacts of changes in US vehicle fuel efficiency standards," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 407-419, February.
- Goldberg, Pinelopi Koujianou, 1998. "The Effects of the Corporate Average Fuel Efficiency Standards in the US," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 1-33, March.
- Harrington, Winston, 1997. "Fuel Economy and Motor Vehicle Emissions," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 240-252, July.
- Greene, David L, 1998. "Why CAFE worked," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 595-613, July.
- de Palma, Andre & Kilani, Moez, 2008. "Regulation in the automobile industry," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 150-167, January.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2008. "Comparing flexibility mechanisms for fuel economy standards," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 3106-3114, August.
- HAYNES Goddard, 1997. "Using Tradeable Permits to Achieve Sustainability in the World's Large Cities: Policy Design Issues and Efficiency Conditions for Controlling Vehicle Emissions, Congestion and Urban Decentralization w," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 10(1), pages 63-99, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Blackman, Allen & Osakwe, Rebecca & Alpizar, Francisco, 2010.
"Fuel tax incidence in developing countries: The case of Costa Rica,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2208-2215, May.
- Blackman, Allen & Osakwe, Rebecca & Alpizar, Francisco, 2009. "Fuel Tax Incidence in Developing Countries: The Case of Costa Rica," Discussion Papers dp-09-24-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Blackman, Allen & Osakwe, Rebecca & Alpizar, Francisco, 2009. "Fuel Tax Incidence in Developing Countries: The Case of Costa Rica," Discussion Papers dp-09-37, Resources For the Future.
- Perkins, Richard & Neumayer, Eric, 2012. "Does the ‘California effect’ operate across borders? trading- and investing-up in automobile emission standards," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 42097, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Silitonga, A.S. & Atabani, A.E. & Mahlia, T.M.I., 2012. "Review on fuel economy standard and label for vehicle in selected ASEAN countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 1683-1695.
- Barbieri, Nicolò, 2015.
"Investigating the impacts of technological position and European environmental regulation on green automotive patent activity,"
Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 140-152.
- Nicolò Barbieri, 2014. "Investigating the impacts of technological position and European environmental regulation on green automotive patent activity," SEEDS Working Papers 3114, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Dec 2014.
- David Anthoff & Robert Hahn, 2010. "Government failure and market failure: on the inefficiency of environmental and energy policy," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(2), pages 197-224, Summer.
More about this item
KeywordsTransport Economics Policy&Planning; Transport and Environment; Energy Production and Transportation; Environmental Economics&Policies; Environment and Energy Efficiency;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-03-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2009-03-22 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2009-03-22 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-REG-2009-03-22 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4867. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.