The dynamics of school and work in rural Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen V. Cameron & James J. Heckman, 1998. "Life Cycle Schooling and Dynamic Selection Bias: Models and Evidence for Five Cohorts of American Males," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(2), pages 262-333, April.
- Heady, Christopher, 2003. "The Effect of Child Labor on Learning Achievement," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 385-398, February.
- Kaushik Basu, 1999.
"Child Labor: Cause, Consequence, and Cure, with Remarks on International Labor Standards,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 1083-1119, September.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1998. "Child labor : cause, consequence, and cure, with remarks on International Labor Standards," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2027, The World Bank.
- Canagarajah, Sudharshan & Coulombe, Harold, 1997. "Child labor and schooling in Ghana," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1844, The World Bank.
- Lee A. Lillard & Robert J. Willis, 1994.
"Intergenerational Educational Mobility: Effects of Family and State in Malaysia,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 29(4), pages 1126-1166.
- Lillard, L.A. & Willis, R.J., 1993. "Intergenerational Educational Mobility: Efects of Family and State in Malaysia," Papers 93-38, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Lillard, L.A. & Willis, R.J., 1995. "Intergenerational Educational Mobility, Effects of Family and State in Malaysia," Papers 95-02, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Duryea, Suzanne & Arends-Kuenning, Mary, 2003. "School Attendance, Child Labor and Local Labor Market Fluctuations in Urban Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1165-1178, July.
- Baker, Michael & Melino, Angelo, 2000.
"Duration dependence and nonparametric heterogeneity: A Monte Carlo study,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 357-393, June.
- Michael Baker & Angelo Melino, 1999. "Duration Dependence and Nonparametric Heterogeneity: A Monte Carlo Study," Working Papers melino-99-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Ravallion, Martin & Wodon, Quentin, 2000.
"Does Child Labour Displace Schooling? Evidence on Behavioural Responses to an Enrollment Subsidy,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages 158-175, March.
- Ravallion, Martin*Wodon, Quentin, 1999. "Does child labor displace schooling? - evidence on behavioral responses to an enrollment subsidy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2116, The World Bank.
- Paul Schultz, T., 2004.
"School subsidies for the poor: evaluating the Mexican Progresa poverty program,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 199-250, June.
- T. Paul Schultz, 2001. "School Subsidies for the Poor: Evaluating the Mexican Progresa Poverty Program," Working Papers 834, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Sawada, Yasayuki & Lokshin, Michael, 2001. "Household schooling decisions in rural Pakistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2541, The World Bank.
- George Psacharopoulos, 1997. "Child labor versus educational attainment Some evidence from Latin America," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 10(4), pages 377-386.
- Cigno, Alessandro & Rosati, Furio C. & Tzannatos, Zafiris, 2002. "Child labor handbook," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 25507, The World Bank.
- Jaap H. Abbring & Gerard J. van den Berg, 2003. "The Nonparametric Identification of Treatment Effects in Duration Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(5), pages 1491-1517, September.
- Zvi Eckstein & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 1999. "Why Youths Drop Out of High School: The Impact of Preferences, Opportunities, and Abilities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(6), pages 1295-1340, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Patrick M. Emerson & Vladimir Ponczek & André Portela Souza, 2017.
"Child Labor and Learning,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(2), pages 265-296.
- Emerson, Patrick M. & Ponczek, Vladimir & Portela Souza, André, 2013. "Child Labor and Learning," IZA Discussion Papers 7578, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Emerson, Patrick M. & Ponczek, Vladimir & Portela Souza, Andre, 2014. "Child labor and learning," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6904, The World Bank.
- Emerson, Patrick M. & Ponczek, Vladimir Pinheiro & Souza, André Portela Fernandes de, 2013. "Child labor and learning," Textos para discussão 335, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Christelle Dumas, 2012.
"Does Work Impede Child Learning? The Case of Senegal,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(4), pages 773-793.
- Christelle Dumas, 2008. "Does work impede child's learning? The case of Senegal," THEMA Working Papers 2008-01, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- World Bank, 2005. "Cambodia : Quality Basic Education for All," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8643, The World Bank.
- de Janvry, Alain & Finan, Frederico & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2004. "Can Conditional Cash Transfers Serve as Safety Nets to Keep Children at School and Out of the Labor Market?," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt5fp0g5p2, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- de Janvry, Alain & Finan, Frederico & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & Vakis, Renos, 2006. "Can conditional cash transfer programs serve as safety nets in keeping children at school and from working when exposed to shocks?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 349-373, April.
- Ragui Assaad & Deborah Levison & Nadia Zibani, 2010. "The Effect of Domestic Work on Girls' Schooling: Evidence from Egypt," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 79-128.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Monitoring&Evaluation; Adolescent Health; Urban Housing; TF054599-PHRD-KYRGYZ REPUBLIC: WATER MANAGEMENT IMPROVEMENT PROJECT; Curriculum&Instruction;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2004-09-12 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2004-08-16 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3330. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi) or (Pavel Petrov). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .