Public management and essential public health functions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hurley, Jeremiah & Birch, Stephen & Eyles, John, 1995. "Geographically-decentralized planning and management in health care: Some informational issues and their implications for efficiency," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 3-11, July.
- Reinikka, Ritva & Svensson, Jakob, 2001. "Explaining Leakage of Public Funds," WIDER Working Paper Series 147, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Grindle, Merilee S., 1997. "Divergent cultures? When public organizations perform well in developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 481-495, January.
- Bloom, Gerald & Xingyuan, Gu, 1997. "Health sector reform: Lessons from China," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 351-360, August.
- Zheng, Xiang & Hillier, Sheila, 1995. "The reforms of the Chinese health care system: County level changes: The Jiangxi study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(8), pages 1057-1064, October.
- Liu, Xingzhu & Hsiao, William C. L., 1995. "The cost escalation of social health insurance plans in China: Its implication for public policy," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(8), pages 1095-1101, October.
- Khaleghian, Peyvand, 2003. "Decentralization and public services : the case of immunization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2989, The World Bank.
- Richard Batley, 1999. "The new public management in developing countries: implications for policy and organizational reform," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(5), pages 761-765.
- Jimenez, Emmanuel & Sawada, Yasuyuki, 1999. "Do Community-Managed Schools Work? An Evaluation of El Salvador's EDUCO Program," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 13(3), pages 415-441, September.
- John Akin & Paul Hutchinson & Koleman Strumpf, 2005. "Decentralisation and government provision of public goods: The public health sector in Uganda," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(8), pages 1417-1443.
- Gauri, Varun, 2001. "Are incentives everything? payment mechanisms for health care providers in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2624, The World Bank.
- M Das Gupta & H. Grandvoinnet & M. Romani, 2004. "State-Community Synergies in Community-Driven Development," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(3), pages 27-58.
- Dilip Mookherjee, 2001. "Combating the Crisis in Government Accountability: A Review of Recent International Experience," Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series dp-117, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Bloom, Gerald, 1998. "Primary health care meets the market in China and Vietnam," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 233-252, June.
- Richard Batley, 1999. "The new public management in developing countries: introduction," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(5), pages 755-760.
- Bale, Malcolm & Dale, Tony, 1998. "Public Sector Reform in New Zealand and Its Relevance to Developing Countries," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 13(1), pages 103-121, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Catherine Rodríguez & Patricia Meirelles, 2010.
"Devolution and Accountability Effects in the Public Provision of Water Services in Indonesia,"
007905, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Meirelles, Patricia & Rodriguez, Catherine, 2010. "Devolution and Accountability Effects in the Public Provision of Water Services in Indonesia," Documentos CEDE Series 107395, Universidad de Los Andes, Economics Department.
More about this item
KeywordsDecentralization; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Health Systems Development&Reform; Public Health Promotion; Enterprise Development&Reform; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; National Governance; Agricultural Knowledge&Information Systems; Banks&Banking Reform; Health Economics&Finance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-16 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3220. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .