Decentralization and rural service delivery in Uganda:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jagger, Pamela & Pender, John L., 2003. "Impacts of programs and organizations on the adoption of sustainable land management technologies in Uganda:," EPTD discussion papers 101, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Dilip Mookherjee & Pranab K. Bardhan, 2000. "Capture and Governance at Local and National Levels," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 135-139, May.
- Nkonya, Ephraim & Pender, John & Kato, Edward, 2008. "Who knows, who cares? The determinants of enactment, awareness, and compliance with community Natural Resource Management regulations in Uganda," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(01), pages 79-101, February.
- Thomas J Cooke, 2001. "'Trailing wife' or 'trailing mother'? The effect of parental status on the relationship between family migration and the labor-market participation of married women," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 33(3), pages 419-430, March.
- Piero Conforti & Pasquale De Muro & Luca Salvatici, 2002. "Decentralization and Development in South-Saharan-Africa," QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria, Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 3, November.
- Jimenez, Emmanuel & Sawada, Yasuyuki, 1999. "Do Community-Managed Schools Work? An Evaluation of El Salvador's EDUCO Program," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 13(3), pages 415-441, September.
- John Akin & Paul Hutchinson & Koleman Strumpf, 2005. "Decentralisation and government provision of public goods: The public health sector in Uganda," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(8), pages 1417-1443.
- Conning, Jonathan & Kevane, Michael, 2001. "Community based targeting mechanisms for social safety nets," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 23146, The World Bank.
- Ritva Reinikka & Jakob Svensson, 2004. "Local Capture: Evidence from a Central Government Transfer Program in Uganda," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(2), pages 679-705.
- Gibson, Clark C. & Williams, John T. & Ostrom, Elinor, 2005. "Local Enforcement and Better Forests," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 273-284, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aparajita Goyal & John Nash, 2017. "Reaping Richer Returns," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 25996.
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Erman, Alvina, 2016. "Institutional arrangements to make public spending responsive to the poorâ€”(where) have they worked?: Review of the evidence on four major intervention types," IFPRI discussion papers 1519, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Yoko Kijima, 2018. "Long-term and Spillover Effects of Rice Production Training in Uganda," Working Papers 161, JICA Research Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsDecentralization; Development strategies; rural service delivery;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2011-03-19 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2011-03-19 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-03-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2011-03-19 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1063. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .