Models of public service reform : a problem-solving approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rauch, James E. & Evans, Peter B., 2000.
"Bureaucratic structure and bureaucratic performance in less developed countries,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 49-71, January.
- Rauch, James E & Evans, Peter B., 1999. "Bureaucratic Structure and Bureaucratic Performance in Less Developed Countries," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt0sb0w38d, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Francis, Paul & James, Robert, 2003. "Balancing Rural Poverty Reduction and Citizen Participation: The Contradictions of Uganda's Decentralization Program," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 325-337, February.
- Andrews,Matt, 2013. "The Limits of Institutional Reform in Development," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107016330, May.
- Campos, Jose Edgardo & Esfahani, Hadi Salehi, 2000. "Credible Commitment and Success with Public Enterprise Reform," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 221-243, February.
- Mark Turner & Amir Imbaruddin & Wahyu Sutiyono, 2009. "Human resource management: the forgotten dimension of decentralisation in Indonesia," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(2), pages 231-249.
- Whitehead, Laurence, 1990. "Political explanations of macroeconomic management: A survey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(8), pages 1133-1146, August.
- Bland, Gary, 2011. "Supporting Post-conflict Democratic Development? External Promotion of Participatory Budgeting in El Salvador," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 863-873, May.
- Schick, Allen, 1998. "Why Most Developing Countries Should Not Try New Zealand's Reforms," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 13(1), pages 123-131, February.
- World Bank, 2001. "World Development Report 2000/2001," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 11856, March.
- Willy McCourt, 2001. "The New Public Selection? Anti-corruption, psychometric selection and the new public management in Nepal," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 325-343, September.
- Paul, Samuel, 1992. "Accountability in public services: Exit, voice and control," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 1047-1060, July.
- Willy McCourt, 2007. "Impartiality through bureaucracy? A Sri Lankan approach to managing values," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 429-442.
- Bale, Malcolm & Dale, Tony, 1998. "Public Sector Reform in New Zealand and Its Relevance to Developing Countries," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 13(1), pages 103-121, February.
More about this item
KeywordsNational Governance; Public Sector Economics; Public Sector Management and Reform; Public Sector Corruption&Anticorruption Measures; Public Sector Expenditure Policy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2013-05-11 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PPM-2013-05-11 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6428. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .