Can Top-Down and Bottom-Up be Reconciled? Electoral Competition and Service Delivery in Malaysia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ghazala Mansuri & Vijayendra Rao, 2013. "Localizing Development : Does Participation Work?," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 11859, November.
- Fried, Brian J., 2012. "Distributive Politics and Conditional Cash Transfers: The Case of Brazil’s Bolsa Família," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 1042-1053.
- Bland, Gary, 2011. "Supporting Post-conflict Democratic Development? External Promotion of Participatory Budgeting in El Salvador," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 863-873, May.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Rajaram, Prem Kumar & Varshney, Ashutosh, 2011.
"Ethnic Diversity and Ethnic Strife. An Interdisciplinary Perspective,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 147-158, February.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Rajaram, Prem Kumar & Varshney, Ashutosh, 2010. "Ethnic Diversity and Ethnic Strife: An Interdisciplinary Perspective," Working Papers 57039, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Ackerman, John, 2004. "Co-Governance for Accountability: Beyond "Exit" and "Voice"," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 447-463, March.
- Arthur A. Goldsmith, 2011. "No Country Left Behind? Performance Standards and Accountability in US Foreign Assistance," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 29, pages 157-176, January.
- World Bank, 2001. "World Development Report 2000/2001," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 11856, November.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:64:y:1970:i:02:p:548-571_12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul, Samuel, 1992. "Accountability in public services: Exit, voice and control," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 1047-1060, July.
- Geske Dijkstra, 2011. "The PRSP Approach and the Illusion of Improved Aid Effectiveness: Lessons from Bolivia, Honduras and Nicaragua," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 29, pages 110-133, January.
- Schultz, Lisen & Duit, Andreas & Folke, Carl, 2011. "Participation, Adaptive Co-management, and Management Performance in the World Network of Biosphere Reserves," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 662-671, April.
- Kuriyan, Renee & Ray, Isha, 2009. "Outsourcing the State? Public-Private Partnerships and Information Technologies in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 1663-1673, October.
- Acharya, Amitav, 2004. "How Ideas Spread: Whose Norms Matter? Norm Localization and Institutional Change in Asian Regionalism," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 58(02), pages 239-275, April.
- Cerny, Philip G., 1995. "Globalization and the changing logic of collective action," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(04), pages 595-625, September.
- Willy McCourt, 2007. "Impartiality through bureaucracy? A Sri Lankan approach to managing values," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 429-442.
- Anne Marie Goetz & Rob Jenkins, 2001. "Hybrid Forms Of Accountability: Citizen engagement in institutions of public-sector oversight in India," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 363-383, September.
- Bale, Malcolm & Dale, Tony, 1998. "Public Sector Reform in New Zealand and Its Relevance to Developing Countries," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 13(1), pages 103-121, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsMalaysia; South-East Asia; civic engagement; New Public Management; participation; democracy;
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Center of government in Wikipedia English ne '')
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:40:y:2012:i:11:p:2329-2341. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.