Can tax evasion tame Leviathan governments?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Wolfgang Eggert & Martin Kolmar, 2004.
"The Taxation of Financial Capital under Asymmetric Information and the Tax-competition Paradox,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 106(1), pages 83-106, March.
- Wolfgang Eggert & Martin Kolmar, 2003. "The Taxation of Financial Capital under Asymmetric Information and the Tax-Competition Paradox," CESifo Working Paper Series 1074, CESifo Group Munich.
- Torsten Persson & Gerard Roland & Guido Tabellini, 2000.
"Comparative Politics and Public Finance,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(6), pages 1121-1161, December.
- Torsten Persson & Gerard Roland & Guido Tabellini, "undated". "Comparative Politics and Public Finance," Working Papers 114, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Persson, T. & Roland, G. & Tabellini, G., 1997. "Comparative Politics and Public Finance," Papers 633, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Persson, Torsten & Roland, Gérard & Tabellini, Guido, 1997. "Comparative Politics and Public Finance," CEPR Discussion Papers 1737, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Persson, Torsten & Roland , Gérard & Tabellini, Guido, 1997. "Comparative Politics and Public Finance," Seminar Papers 633, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- George J. Stigler, 1971. "The Theory of Economic Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 2(1), pages 3-21, Spring.
- Huizinga, Harry & Nielsen, Soren Bo, 2003.
"Withholding taxes or information exchange: the taxation of international interest flows,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 39-72, January.
- Harry Huizinga & Søren Bo Nielsen, "undated". "Withholding Taxes or Information Exchange: The Taxation of International Interest Flows," EPRU Working Paper Series 00-19, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Boadway, Robin & Keen, Michael, 1998.
"Evasion and Time Consistency in the Taxation of Capital Income,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(2), pages 461-476, May.
- Robin W. Boadway & Michael Keen, 1993. "Evasion and Time Consistency in the Taxation of Capital Income," Working Paper 890, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Robin Boadway & Michael Keen, 1993. "Evasion and time consistency in the taxation of capital income," IFS Working Papers W93/20, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Rogers, Carol Ann, 1987. "Expenditure taxes, income taxes, and time-inconsistency," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 215-230, March.
- Kollintzas, T. & Philippopoulos, A. & Vasillatos, V., 1999.
"Is Tax Policy Coordination Necessary?,"
Athens University of Economics and Business
110, Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of International and European Economic Studies.
- Kollintzas, Tryphon & Philippopoulos, Apostolis & Vassilatos, Vanghelis, 2000. "Is Tax Policy Coordination Necessary?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2348, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kollintzas, T. & Philippopoulos, A. & Vasillatos, V., 1999. "Is Tax Policy Coordination Necessary?," DEOS Working Papers 110, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1980. "Dynamic inconsistency, cooperation and the benevolent dissembling government," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 93-107, May.
- Jan Schnellenbach, 2006. "Tax Morale and the Taming of Leviathan," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 117-132, June.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe & Edward C. Prescott, 1988. "Time consistency and policy," Staff Report 115, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Bacchetta, Philippe & Espinosa, Maria Paz, 1995.
"Information sharing and tax competition among governments,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 103-121, August.
- Bacchetta, P. & Paz Espinosa, M., 1992. "Information Sharing and Tax Competition Among Governments," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 173.92, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Philippe Bacchetta & Maria Paz Espinosa, 1993. "Information Sharing and Tax Competition Among Governments," CEPR Financial Markets Paper 0028, European Science Foundation Network in Financial Markets, c/o C.E.P.R, 33 Great Sutton Street, London EC1V 0DX..
- John Ferejohn, 1986. "Incumbent performance and electoral control," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 5-25, January.
- Robert Barro, 1973. "The control of politicians: An economic model," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 19-42, March.
- Allingham, Michael G. & Sandmo, Agnar, 1972. "Income tax evasion: a theoretical analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 323-338, November.
- Philippe Bacchetta & María Espinosa, 2000. "Exchange-of-Information Clauses in International Tax Treaties," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 7(3), pages 275-293, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Célimène, Fred & Dufrénot, Gilles & Mophou, Gisèle & N'Guérékata, Gaston, 2016.
"Tax evasion, tax corruption and stochastic growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(PA), pages 251-258.
- Fred Celimene & Gilles Dufrenot & Gisele Mophou & Gaston N'Guerekata, 2013. "Tax evasion,tax corruption and stochastic growth," Documents de Travail 2013-05, CEREGMIA, Université des Antilles et de la Guyane.
- Fred C??lim??ne & Gilles Dufr??not & Gis??le Mophou & Gaston N???Gu??r??kata, 2013. "Tax evasion, tax corruption and stochastic growth," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1043, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Fred Célimène & Gilles Dufrénot & Gisèle Mophou & Gaston N'Guérékata, 2016. "Tax evasion, tax corruption and stochastic growth," Post-Print hal-01447874, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsLeviathan government; income tax; tax evasion; public spending; rent seeking;
- E2 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- F42 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - International Policy Coordination and Transmission
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usg:dp2006:2006-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joerg Baumberger). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vwasgch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.