Growth of ICT and ICT for Development: Realities of the Myths of the Indian Experience
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kamas, Linda, 1986. "Dutch disease economics and the Colombian export boom," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 1177-1198, September.
- Arora, Ashish & Arunachalam, V. S. & Asundi, Jai & Fernandes, Ronald, 2001. "The Indian software services industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1267-1287, October.
- Sweder van Wijnbergen, 1984. "Inflation, Employment, and the Dutch Disease in Oil-Exporting Countries: A Short-Run Disequilibrium Analysis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(2), pages 233-250.
- Schware, Robert, 1987. "Software industry development in the third world: Policy guidelines, institutional options, and constraints," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(10-11), pages 1249-1267.
- Corden, W M, 1984. "Booming Sector and Dutch Disease Economics: Survey and Consolidation," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(3), pages 359-380, November.
- Ashish Arora & Jai Asundi, 1999. "Quality Certification and the Economics of Contract Software Development A Study of the Indian Software Industry," NBER Working Papers 7260, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Usui, Norio, 1996. "Policy adjustments to the oil boom and their evaluation: The Dutch disease in Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 887-900, May.
- Pohjola, M., 2000. "Information Technology and Economic Growth. A Cross-Country Analysis," Research Paper 173, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Nyoni, Timothy S., 1998. "Foreign Aid and Economic Performance in Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1235-1240, July.
- Fardmanesh, Mohsen, 1991. "Dutch disease economics and oil syndrome: An empirical study," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 711-717, June.
- Hargittai, Eszter, 1999. "Weaving the Western Web: explaining differences in Internet connectivity among OECD countries," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(10-11), pages 701-718, November.
- Pohjola, M., 1998. "Information Technology and Economic Development: An Introduction to the Research Issues," Research Paper 153, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Corden, W Max & Neary, J Peter, 1982. "Booming Sector and De-Industrialisation in a Small Open Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 825-848, December.
- Schware, Robert, 1992. "Software industry entry strategies for developing countries: A "walking on two legs" proposition," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 143-164, February.
- Neary, J Peter, 1978. "Short-Run Capital Specificity and the Pure Theory of International Trade," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(351), pages 488-510, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- K.J Joseph & Vinoj Abraham, 2007.
"Information technology and productivity: Evidence from India's manufacturing sector,"
Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers
389, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Vinoj Abraham & K.J. Joseph, 2008. "Information Technology and Productivity: Evidence From India's Manufacturing Sector," Working Papers id:1418, eSocialSciences.
- K.J. Joseph & Govinda Parayil, 2006.
"Trade liberalization and digital divide: An Analysis of the information technology agreement of WTO,"
Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers
381, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Govindan Parayil & K.J. Joseph, 2006. "Trade Liberalisation and Digital Divide: an Analysis of the Information Technology Agreement of WTO," Working Papers id:583, eSocialSciences.
- Christine Zhen-Wei Qiang & Alexander Pitt & Seth Ayers, 2004. "Contribution of Information and Communication Technologies to Growth," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15059, April.
- Chandra, Vandana & Li, Ying & Osorio Rodarte, Israel, 2007. "Commodity Export Diversification in Rwanda - Many Export Discoveries with Little Scaling-Up," MPRA Paper 18556, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mahesh Sarma & Venni Venkata Krishna, 2008. "State and the software: public policies in the shaping of the Indian software sector," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 25-42, August.
- Heshmati, Almas & Yang, Wanshan, 2006. "Contribution of ICT to the Chinese Economic Growth," Ratio Working Papers 91, The Ratio Institute.
- Indjikian, Rouben & Siegel, Donald S., 2005.
"The Impact of Investment in IT on Economic Performance: Implications for Developing Countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 681-700, May.
- Rouben Indjikain & Donald S. Siegel, 2004. "The Impact of Investment in IT on Economic Performance: Implications for Developing Countries," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0414, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- R. Venkatesan & Wilima Wadhwa & M.R. Saluja & Rupa Malik & Bibek Ray Chaudhuri & Kanika Kalra & Sujit Basu & R. Chandrashekhar & S. P. Singh & Vineeta Dixit, 2007. "India : E-Readiness Assessment Report 2005," Development Economics Working Papers 22178, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- World Bank, 2007. "Rwanda : Toward Sustained Growth and Competitiveness, Volume 2. Main Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7702, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsICT; growth; development; India; software exports;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:dp2002-78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.