Growth of ICT and ICT for Development: Realities of the Myths of the Indian Experience
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arora, Ashish & Arunachalam, V. S. & Asundi, Jai & Fernandes, Ronald, 2001. "The Indian software services industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1267-1287, October.
- Hargittai, Eszter, 1999. "Weaving the Western Web: explaining differences in Internet connectivity among OECD countries," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(10-11), pages 701-718, November.
- Katz, Jorge M., 1984. "Domestic technological innovations and dynamic comparative advantage : Further reflections on a comparative case-study program," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-2), pages 13-37.
- Kamas, Linda, 1986. "Dutch disease economics and the Colombian export boom," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 1177-1198, September.
- Pohjola, Matti, "undated".
"Information Technology and Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Analysis,"
WIDER Working Papers
295500, United Nations University, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Pohjola, M., 2000. "Information Technology and Economic Growth. A Cross-Country Analysis," Research Paper 173, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Matti Pohjola, 2000. "Information Technology and Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Analysis," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2000-173, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Fardmanesh, Mohsen, 1991. "Dutch disease economics and oil syndrome: An empirical study," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 711-717, June.
- Matti Pohjola, 1998.
"Information Technology and Economic Development: An Introduction to the Research Issues,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
wp-1998-153, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Pohjola, M., 1998. "Information Technology and Economic Development: An Introduction to the Research Issues," Research Paper 153, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Pohjola, Matti, 1998. "Information Technology and Economic Development: An Introduction to the Research Issues," WIDER Working Papers 295479, United Nations University, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Corden, W Max & Neary, J Peter, 1982. "Booming Sector and De-Industrialisation in a Small Open Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 825-848, December.
- Sweder van Wijnbergen, 1984. "Inflation, Employment, and the Dutch Disease in Oil-Exporting Countries: A Short-Run Disequilibrium Analysis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(2), pages 233-250.
- Schware, Robert, 1987. "Software industry development in the third world: Policy guidelines, institutional options, and constraints," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(10-11), pages 1249-1267.
- Corden, W M, 1984. "Booming Sector and Dutch Disease Economics: Survey and Consolidation," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(3), pages 359-380, November.
- Nyoni, Timothy S., 1998. "Foreign Aid and Economic Performance in Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1235-1240, July.
- Schware, Robert, 1992. "Software industry entry strategies for developing countries: A "walking on two legs" proposition," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 143-164, February.
- Ashish Arora & Jai Asundi, 1999. "Quality Certification and the Economics of Contract Software Development A Study of the Indian Software Industry," NBER Working Papers 7260, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Usui, Norio, 1996. "Policy adjustments to the oil boom and their evaluation: The Dutch disease in Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 887-900, May.
- Neary, J Peter, 1978. "Short-Run Capital Specificity and the Pure Theory of International Trade," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(351), pages 488-510, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heshmati, Almas & Yang, Wanshan, 2006. "Contribution of ICT to the Chinese Economic Growth," Ratio Working Papers 91, The Ratio Institute.
- R. Venkatesan & Wilima Wadhwa & M.R. Saluja & Rupa Malik & Bibek Ray Chaudhuri & Kanika Kalra & Sujit Basu & R. Chandrashekhar & S. P. Singh & Vineeta Dixit, 2007. "India : E-Readiness Assessment Report 2005," Development Economics Working Papers 22178, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Chandra, Vandana & Li, Ying & Osorio Rodarte, Israel, 2007. "Commodity Export Diversification in Rwanda - Many Export Discoveries with Little Scaling-Up," MPRA Paper 18556, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mahesh Sarma & Venni Venkata Krishna, 2008. "State and the software: public policies in the shaping of the Indian software sector," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 25-42, August.
- World Bank, 2007. "Rwanda : Toward Sustained Growth and Competitiveness, Volume 2. Main Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7702, The World Bank.
- K.J Joseph & Vinoj Abraham, 2007.
"Information technology and productivity: Evidence from India's manufacturing sector,"
Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers
389, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Vinoj Abraham & K.J. Joseph, 2008. "Information Technology and Productivity: Evidence From India's Manufacturing Sector," Working Papers id:1418, eSocialSciences.
- Isaac Kofi Mensah, 2019. "Factors Influencing the Intention of University Students to Adopt and Use E-Government Services: An Empirical Evidence in China," SAGE Open, , vol. 9(2), pages 21582440198, June.
- Govindan Parayil & K.J. Joseph, 2006.
"Trade Liberalisation and Digital Divide: an Analysis of the Information Technology Agreement of WTO,"
- K.J. Joseph & Govinda Parayil, 2006. "Trade liberalization and digital divide: An Analysis of the information technology agreement of WTO," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 381, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Christine Zhen-Wei Qiang & Alexander Pitt & Seth Ayers, 2004. "Contribution of Information and Communication Technologies to Growth," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15059, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Somayeh Mardaneh, 2012. "Inflation Dynamics in a Dutch Disease Economy," Discussion Papers in Economics 12/25, Division of Economics, School of Business, University of Leicester.
- Grant Mark Nülle & Graham A. Davis, 2018. "Neither Dutch nor disease?—natural resource booms in theory and empirics," Mineral Economics, Springer;Raw Materials Group (RMG);Luleå University of Technology, vol. 31(1), pages 35-59, May.
- Somayeh Mardaneh, 2015. "Inflation Dynamics in a Dutch Disease Economy," Iranian Economic Review (IER), Faculty of Economics,University of Tehran.Tehran,Iran, vol. 19(3), pages 295-324, Autumn.
- Raju, Sudhakar S. & Melo, Alberto, 2003. "Money, real output, and deficit effects of coffee booms in Colombia," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 963-983, December.
- K.N. Harilal & K.J. Joseph, 2000. "Stagnation and revival of Kerala economy: An open economy perspective," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 305, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Abdulaziz Hamad Algaeed, 2017. "Oil Price Fluctuations and the Future of Saudi Arabian Non-Oil Traded Sector: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, AMH International, vol. 9(4), pages 217-229.
- Everhart, Stephen & Duval-Hernandez, Robert, 2001. "Management of oil windfalls in Mexico : historical experience and policy options for the future," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2592, The World Bank.
- Murshed, Muntasir & Rashid, Seemran, 2020. "An Empirical Investigation of Real Exchange Rate Responses to Foreign Currency Inflows: Revisiting the Dutch Disease phenomenon in South Asia," MPRA Paper 98756, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- van der Ploeg, Frederick, 2019.
"Macro policy responses to natural resource windfalls and the crash in commodity prices,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 263-282.
- van der Ploeg, Frederick, 2016. "Macro Policy Responses to Natural Resource Windfalls and the Crash in Commodity Prices," CEPR Discussion Papers 11520, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Frederick van der Ploeg, 2017. "Macro policy responses to natural resource windfalls and the crash in commodity prices," BIS Working Papers 616, Bank for International Settlements.
- Rodrigo Suescún M., 1997. "Commodity booms,dutch disease,and real business cycles in a small open economy: The case of coffee in Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002164, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Martínez-Sánchez, José F. & Pérez-Lechuga, Gilberto & Venegas-Martínez, Francisco (ed.), 2017. "Modelos para la toma de decisiones en la Ingeniería Económica y Financiera: Un enfoque estocástico Vol 3," Sección de Estudios de Posgrado e Investigación de la Escuela Superios de Economía del Instituto Politécnico Nacional, Escuela Superior de Economía, Instituto Politécnico Nacional, edition 1, volume 3, number 017, Primer se.
- Bjørnland, Hilde C. & Thorsrud, Leif Anders & Torvik, Ragnar, 2019.
"Dutch disease dynamics reconsidered,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 411-433.
- Hilde C. Bjørnland & Leif Anders Thorsrud & Ragnar Torvik, 2018. "Dutch disease dynamics reconsidered," Working Paper 2018/1, Norges Bank.
- Hilde C. Bjørnland & Leif Anders Thorsrud & Ragnar Torvik, 2018. "Dutch Disease Dynamics Reconsidered," Working Papers No 4/2018, Centre for Applied Macro- and Petroleum economics (CAMP), BI Norwegian Business School.
- Hilde C. Bjørnland & Leif Anders Thorsrud & Ragnar Torvik, 2019. "Dutch disease dynamics reconsidered," CAMA Working Papers 2019-55, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Apergis, Nicholas & El-Montasser, Ghassen & Sekyere, Emmanuel & Ajmi, Ahdi N. & Gupta, Rangan, 2014. "Dutch disease effect of oil rents on agriculture value added in Middle East and North African (MENA) countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 485-490.
- Roberto Álvarez E. & J. Rodrigo Fuentes S., 2006. "El “Síndrome Holandés”: Teoría y Revisión de la Experiencia Internacional," Notas de Investigación Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 9(3), pages 97-108, December.
- Torvik, Ragnar, 2001. "Learning by doing and the Dutch disease," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 285-306, February.
- Bodenstein, Martin & Erceg, Christopher J. & Guerrieri, Luca, 2011.
"Oil shocks and external adjustment,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 168-184, March.
- Martin Bodenstein & Christopher J. Erceg & Luca Guerrieri, 2007. "Oil shocks and external adjustment," International Finance Discussion Papers 897, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Luca Guerrieri & Christopher Erceg & Martin Bodenstein, 2008. "Oil Shocks and External Adjustment," 2008 Meeting Papers 945, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Farzanegan, Mohammad Reza & Markwardt, Gunther, 2009.
"The effects of oil price shocks on the Iranian economy,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 134-151, January.
- Farzanegan, Mohammad Reza & Markwardt, Gunther, 2008. "The effects of oil price shocks on the Iranian economy," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 15/08, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Mohammad Reza FARZANEGAN & Gunther MARKWARDT, 2008. "The Effects of Oil Price Shocks on the Iranian Economy," EcoMod2008 23800037, EcoMod.
- Meisel-Roca, Adolfo, 2011.
"Enfermedad holandesa y exportaciones de banano en el Caribe colombiano, 1910-1950,"
Chapters, in: ¿Por qué perdió la costa Caribe el siglo XX?, chapter 8, pages 247-286,
Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Adolfo Meisel-Roca., 2010. "Enfermedad holandesa y exportaciones de banano en el Caribe colombiano, 1910-1950," Cuadernos de Historia Económica 26, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Adolfo Meisel R., 2010. "Enfermedad Holandesa y Exportaciones de Banano en el Caribe Colombiano, 1910- 1950," Cuadernos de Historia Económica 006905, Banco de la República - Economía Regional.
- Duncan Hodge, 2012. "The Exchange Rate, Dutch Disease and Manufacturing in South Africa: What do the Data Say?," Working Papers 281, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Sandrine Kablan & Josef Loening & Yasuhiro Tanaka, 2014. "Is Chad Affected by Dutch or Nigerian Disease?," Journal of Empirical Economics, Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 3(5), pages 278-295.
More about this item
KeywordsComputer software; Economic development; Information technology; Strategic planning;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:dp2002-78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Siméon Rapin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.