Trade Liberalisation and Digital Divide: an Analysis of the Information Technology Agreement of WTO
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- K.J. Joseph & Govinda Parayil, 2006. "Trade liberalization and digital divide: An Analysis of the information technology agreement of WTO," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 381, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arora, Ashish & Arunachalam, V. S. & Asundi, Jai & Fernandes, Ronald, 2001. "The Indian software services industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1267-1287, October.
- Hargittai, Eszter, 1999. "Weaving the Western Web: explaining differences in Internet connectivity among OECD countries," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(10-11), pages 701-718, November.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1992. "Technological capabilities and industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 165-186, February.
- Dibyendu S. Maiti, 2005.
"Organisational morphology of rural industries in liberalised India: A study of West Bengal,"
Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers
371, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Dibyendu S. Maiti, 2006. "Organisational Morphology of Rural Industries in Liberalised India: A Study of West Bengal," Working Papers id:746, eSocialSciences.
- Kamal Saggi, 2002.
"Trade, Foreign Direct Investment, and International Technology Transfer: A Survey,"
World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 17(2), pages 191-235, September.
- Saggi, Kamal, 2000. "Trade, foreign direct investment, and international technology transfer : a survey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2349, The World Bank.
- Kaushik, P. D. & Singh, Nirvikar, 2004. "Information Technology and Broad-Based Development: Preliminary Lessons from North India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 591-607, April.
- Sunil Mani, 2005.
"Keeping pace with globalisation innovation capability in Korea's telecommunications equipment industry,"
Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers
370, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Sunil Mani, 2006. "Keeping Pace with Globalisation Innovation Capability in Korea's Telecommunications Equipment Industry," Working Papers id:745, eSocialSciences.
- K. J. Joseph, 2002. "Growth of ICT and ICT for Development: Realities of the Myths of the Indian Experience," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2002-78, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ashish Arora & Alfonso Gambardella, 2005.
"The Globalization of the Software Industry: Perspectives and Opportunities for Developed and Developing Countries,"
NBER Chapters, in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 5, pages 1-32,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Asish Arora & Alfonso Gambardella, 2004. "The Globalization of the Software Industry: Perspectives and Opportunities for Developed and Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 10538, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- World Bank, 2002. "Information and Communication Technologies : A World Bank Group Strategy," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15243, June.
- Nagesh Kumar & K.J. Joseph, 2006. "National Innovation Systems and India’s IT Capability: Are There Any Lessons for ASEAN Newcomers?," Chapters, in: Bengt-Åke Lundvall & Patarapong Intarakumnerd & Jan Vang (ed.),Asia’s Innovation Systems in Transition, chapter 10, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- N/A, 1990. "The Challenge of the South: Report of the South Commission," Foreign Trade Review, , vol. 25(3), pages 293-316, October.
- Rudiger Dornbusch, 1992. "The Case for Trade Liberalization in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 69-85, Winter.
- Indjikian, Rouben & Siegel, Donald S., 2005. "The Impact of Investment in IT on Economic Performance: Implications for Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 681-700, May.
- Tybout, James R, 1992. "Linking Trade and Productivity: New Research Directions," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(2), pages 189-211, May.
- Ake Lundvall & Bengt, 2003. "Why the new economy is a learning economy," ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2003(117).
- Ernst, Dieter & Kim, Linsu, 2002. "Global production networks, knowledge diffusion, and local capability formation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1417-1429, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gnutzmann-Mkrtchyan, Arevik & Henn, Christian, 2018.
"Peeling away the layers: Impacts of durable tariff elimination,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 259-276.
- Arevik Gnutzmann-Mkrtchyan & Christian Henn, 2018. "Peeling Away the Layers: Impacts of Durable Tariff Elimination," CESifo Working Paper Series 7172, CESifo.
- Henn, Christian & Gnutzmann-Mkrtchyan, Arevik, 2015. "The layers of the IT Agreement's trade impact," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2015-01, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
More about this item
Keywordstrade liberalisation; digital divide; Information Technology Agreement; WTO;
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- F53 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Agreements and Observance; International Organizations
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:583. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.