Spatial distribution of the international food prices: unexpected randomness and heterogeneity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christopher L. Gilbert, 2010. "How to Understand High Food Prices," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 398-425.
- Wang, Xiaoxi & Biewald, Anne & Dietrich, Jan Philipp & Schmitz, Christoph & Lotze-Campen, Hermann & Humpenöder, Florian & Bodirsky, Benjamin Leon & Popp, Alexander, 2016. "Taking account of governance: Implications for land-use dynamics, food prices, and trade patterns," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 12-24.
- Ivan Moscati & Paola Tubaro, 2011.
"Becker random behavior and the as-if defense of rational choice theory in demand analysis,"
Journal of Economic Methodology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 107-128.
- Ivan Moscati & Paola Tubaro, 2011. "Becker random behavior and the as-if defense of rational choice theory in demand analysis," Post-Print hal-01371313, HAL.
- Tiziano Distefano & Francesco Laio & Luca Ridolfi & Stefano Schiavo, 2017. "Shock transmission in the International Food Trade Network. A Data-driven Analysis," SEEDS Working Papers 0617, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Sep 2017.
- Pavel Vavra & Barry K. Goodwin, 2005. "Analysis of Price Transmission Along the Food Chain," OECD Food, Agriculture and Fisheries Papers 3, OECD Publishing.
- Gehlhar, Mark J., 1996. "Reconciling Bilateral Trade Data For Use In Gtap," Technical Papers 28714, Purdue University, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Global Trade Analysis Project.
- G. E. Brandow, 1973. "The Food Price Problem," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 55(3), pages 385-390.
- Anania, Giovanni & Nisticò, Rosanna, 2014. "Price dispersion and seller heterogeneity in retail food markets," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 190-201.
- Curzi, Daniele & Pacca, Lucia, 2015. "Price, quality and trade costs in the food sector," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 147-158.
- Malghan, Deepak, 2010. "On the relationship between scale, allocation, and distribution," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 2261-2270, September.
- Christophe Gouel, 2016.
"Trade Policy Coordination and Food Price Volatility,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 98(4), pages 1018-1037.
- Gouel, Christophe, 2014. "Trade policy coordination and food price volatility," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182658, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Christophe Gouel, 2016. "Trade policy coordination and food price volatility," Post-Print hal-01532572, HAL.
- Christophe Gouel, 2015. "Trade Policy Coordination and Food Price Volatility," FOODSECURE Working papers 29, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Christophe Gouel, 2014. "Trade Policy Coordination and Food Price Volatility," Working Papers 2014-23, CEPII research center.
- Baffes,John & Haniotis,Tassos, 2016. "What explains agricultural price movements ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7589, The World Bank.
- Kim, Hyeyoung & Ward, Ronald W., 2013. "Price transmission across the U.S. food distribution system," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 226-236.
- Derek Headey & Shenggen Fan, 2008.
"Anatomy of a crisis: the causes and consequences of surging food prices,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 375-391, November.
- Headey, Derek & Fan, Shenggen, 2008. "Anatomy of a crisis: The causes and consequences of surging food prices," IFPRI discussion papers 831, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Antoine Leblois & Philippe Quirion & Benjamin Sultan, 2013.
"Price vs. weather shock hedging for cash crops: ex ante evaluation for cotton producers in Cameroon,"
CIRED Working Papers
- Antoine Leblois & Philippe Quirion & Benjamin Sultan, 2014. "Price vs. weather shock hedging for cash crops: ex ante evaluation for cotton producers in Cameroon," Post-Print halshs-00967313, HAL.
- von Braun, Joachim & Tadesse, Getaw, 2012. "Global Food Price Volatility and Spikes: An Overview of Costs, Causes, and Solutions," Discussion Papers 120021, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Raul Serrano & Vicente Pinilla, 2010. "Causes of world trade growth in agricultural and food products, 1951-2000: a demand function approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(27), pages 3503-3518.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 2008.
"The Effect of Monetary Policy on Real Commodity Prices,"
NBER Chapters,in: Asset Prices and Monetary Policy, pages 291-333
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 2006. "The Effect of Monetary Policy on Real Commodity Prices," NBER Working Papers 12713, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Piesse, Jenifer & Thirtle, Colin, 2009. "Three bubbles and a panic: An explanatory review of recent food commodity price events," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 119-129, April.
- Graitson, Dominique, 1982. "Spatial Competition a la Hotelling: A Selective Survey," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(1-2), pages 13-25, September.
- Joris Pinkse & Margaret E. Slade & Craig Brett, 2002. "Spatial Price Competition: A Semiparametric Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(3), pages 1111-1153, May.
- Brian D. Wright, 2011. "The Economics of Grain Price Volatility," Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 33(1), pages 32-58.
- John Baffes & Tassos Haniotis, 2016. "What Explains Agricultural Price Movements?," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(3), pages 706-721, September.
- Grebitus, Carola & Lusk, Jayson L. & Nayga, Rodolfo M., 2013. "Effect of distance of transportation on willingness to pay for food," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 67-75.
- Laura Cornelsen & Rosemary Green & Rachel Turner & Alan D. Dangour & Bhavani Shankar & Mario Mazzocchi & Richard D. Smith, 2015. "What Happens to Patterns of Food Consumption when Food Prices Change? Evidence from A Systematic Review and Meta‐Analysis of Food Price Elasticities Globally," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(12), pages 1548-1559, December.
- Jonathan Vogel, 2008. "Spatial Competition with Heterogeneous Firms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 116(3), pages 423-466, June.
- Marten Graubner & Alfons Balmann & Richard J. Sexton, 2011. "Spatial Price Discrimination in Agricultural Product Procurement Markets: A Computational Economics Approach," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(4), pages 949-967.
- Gehlhar, Mark, 1996. "Reconciling Bilateral Trade Data for Use in GTAP," GTAP Technical Papers 313, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Herve Ott, 2014. "Volatility in Cereal Prices: Intra- Versus Inter-annual Volatility," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(3), pages 557-578, September.
- Marc F. Bellemare, 2015. "Rising Food Prices, Food Price Volatility, and Social Unrest," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 97(1), pages 1-21.
- Maurice, Noemie & Davis, Junior, 2011. "Unravelling the underlying causes of price volatility in world coffee and cocoa commodity markets," MPRA Paper 43813, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- repec:oup:ajagec:v:99:y:2017:i:3:p:683-704. is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsfood price; spatial dispersion; international trade; randomness;
- L66 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Food; Beverages; Cosmetics; Tobacco
- N50 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - General, International, or Comparative
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R32 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Other Spatial Production and Pricing Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:srt:wpaper:0118. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alessandro Palma). General contact details of provider: http://www.sustainability-seeds.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.