Cost-Benefit Analysis and Regulatory Reform: An Assessment of the Science and Art
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kopp, Raymond J. & Krupnick, Alan J. & Toman, Michael, 1997. "Cost-Benefit Analysis and Regulatory Reform: An Assessment of the Science and the Art," Discussion Papers 10851, Resources for the Future.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hazilla, Michael & Kopp, Raymond J, 1990. "Social Cost of Environmental Quality Regulations: A General Equilibrium Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 853-873, August.
- Timothy L. McDaniels & Mark S. Kamlet & Gregory W. Fischer, 1992. "Risk Perception and the Value of Safety," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 12(4), pages 495-503, December.
- Viscusi, W Kip, 1993. "The Value of Risks to Life and Health," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1912-1946, December.
- Karen Palmer & Wallace E. Oates & Paul R. Portney, 1995. "Tightening Environmental Standards: The Benefit-Cost or the No-Cost Paradigm?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 119-132, Fall.
- Jones-Lee, M W & Hammerton, M & Philips, P R, 1985. "The Value of Safety: Results of a National Sample Survey," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(377), pages 49-72, March.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Daniel T. Slesnick & Peter J. Wilcoxen, 1992.
"Carbon Taxes and Economic Welfare,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 23(1992 Micr), pages 393-454.
- Jorgenson, D.W. & Slesnick, D. & Wilcoxen, P.J., 1992. "Carbon Taxes and Economic Welfare," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1589, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Lutter, Randall & Morrall, John F, III, 1994. "Health-Health Analysis: A New Way to Evaluate Health and Safety Regulation," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 43-66, January.
- John K. Horowitz & Richard T. Carson, 1993. "Baseline Risk and Preference for Reductions in Riskâ€ toâ€ Life," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 13(4), pages 457-462, August.
- Simpson, R David & Sedjo, Roger A & Reid, John W, 1996. "Valuing Biodiversity for Use in Pharmaceutical Research," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 163-185, February.
- Harrington, Winston & Portney, Paul R., 1987. "Valuing the benefits of health and safety regulation," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 101-112, July.
- Magnus Johannesson & Per-Olov Johansson, 1997. "The value of life extension and the marginal rate of time preference: a pilot study," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 53-55.
- Colin F. Camerer & Howard Kunreuther, 1989. "Decision processes for low probability events: Policy implications," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 565-592.
- Kip Viscusi, W. & Magat, Wesley A. & Huber, Joel, 1991. "Pricing environmental health risks: survey assessments of risk-risk and risk-dollar trade-offs for chronic bronchitis," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 32-51, July.
- Cropper, Maureen L. & Subramanian, Uma, 1995. "Public choices between lifesaving programs : how important are lives saved?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1497, The World Bank.
- Krupnick, Alan J & Cropper, Maureen L, 1992. "The Effect of Information on Health Risk Valuations," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 29-48, February.
- Viscusi, W. Kip, 1996. "Fatal Tradeoffs: Public and Private Responsibilities for Risk," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102932.
- Loehman, E. T. & Berg, S. V. & Arroyo, A. A. & Hedinger, R. A. & Schwartz, J. M. & Shaw, M. E. & Fahien, R. W. & De, V. H. & Fishe, R. P. & Rio, D. E., 1979. "Distributional analysis of regional benefits and cost of air quality control," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 222-243, September.
- Dickie, Mark & Gerking, Shelby, 1997. "Genetic Risk Factors and Offsetting Behavior: The Case of Skin Cancer," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 81-97, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Toman, Michael & Lile, Ron & King, Dennis, 1998.
"Assessing Sustainability: Some Conceptual and Empirical Challenges,"
dp-98-42, Resources For the Future.
- Toman, Michael & Lile, Ronald D. & King, Dennis M., 1998. "Assessing Sustainability: Some Conceptual and Empirical Challenges," Discussion Papers 10756, Resources for the Future.
- Roberts, Donna, 1998. "Implementation Of The Wto Agreement On The Application Of Sanitary And Phytosanitary Measures: The First Two Years," Working Papers 14588, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Bo-Young Heo & Won-Ho Heo, 2019. "Economic Analysis of Disaster Management Investment Effectiveness in Korea," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-13, May.
- Oriana Gava & Francesca Galli & Fabio Bartolini & Gianluca Brunori, 2018. "Linking Sustainability with Geographical Proximity in Food Supply Chains. An Indicator Selection Framework," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(9), pages 1-22, August.
- Pence, Justin & Abolhelm, Marzieh & Mohaghegh, Zahra & Reihani, Seyed & Ertem, Mehmet & Kee, Ernie, 2018. "Methodology to evaluate the monetary benefit of Probabilistic Risk Assessment by modeling the net value of Risk-Informed Applications at nuclear power plants," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 171-182.
- Marco Grasso, 2004. "Utilizzo e diffusione della valutazione economica dei beni," Others 0406002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Georgopoulou, E. & Sarafidis, Y. & Mirasgedis, S. & Balaras, C.A. & Gaglia, A. & Lalas, D.P., 2006. "Evaluating the need for economic support policies in promoting greenhouse gas emission reduction measures in the building sector: The case of Greece," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(15), pages 2012-2031, October.
- Jan Anne Annema & Carl Koopmans & Bert Van Wee, 2006. "Evaluating Transport Infrastructure Investments: The Dutch Experience with a Standardized Approach," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(2), pages 125-150, June.
- David Ocio & Christian Stocker & Ángel Eraso & Arantza Martínez & José Galdeano, 2016. "Towards a reliable and cost-efficient flood risk management: the case of the Basque Country (Spain)," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 81(1), pages 617-639, March.
- Linacre, Nicholas A. & Gaskell, Joanne & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Falck-Zepeda, José & Quemada, Hector & Halsey, Mark & Birner, Regina, 2005. "Analysis for biotechnology innovations using Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA):," EPTD discussion papers 140, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nathalie de Marcellis-Warin & Ingrid Peignier & Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 2002. "Analyse économique du Risk Management Program (section 112® du « Clean Air Act »)," CIRANO Project Reports 2002rp-12, CIRANO.
- Frank van Tongeren & John Beghin & Stéphane Marette, 2009.
"A Cost-Benefit Framework for the Assessment of Non-Tariff Measures in Agro-Food Trade,"
OECD Food, Agriculture and Fisheries Papers
21, OECD Publishing.
- van Tongeren, Frank & Beghin, John C. & Marette, Stephan, 2009. "A Cost-Benefit Framework for the Assessment of Non-Tariff Measures in Agro-Food Trade," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13146, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Oriana Gava & Fabio Bartolini & Francesca Venturi & Gianluca Brunori & Angela Zinnai & Alberto Pardossi, 2018. "A Reflection of the Use of the Life Cycle Assessment Tool for Agri-Food Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(1), pages 1-16, December.
- Toman, Michael, 1998.
"Sustainable Decision-making: The State of the Art from an Economics Perspective,"
10602, Resources for the Future.
- Toman, Michael, 1998. "Sustainable Decisionmaking: The State of the Art from an Economics Perspective," Discussion Papers dp-98-39, Resources For the Future.
- Easter, K. William & Archibald, Sandra O., 1998. "Benefit-Cost Analysis In U.S. Environmental Regulatory Decisions," Conference Papers 14475, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Krupnick, Alan, 1999. "Measuring the Value of Health Improvements from Great Lakes Cleanup," Discussion Papers dp-99-34, Resources For the Future.
- Y. Sarafidis & S. Mirasgedis & E. Georgopoulou & D. P. Lalas, 2002. "Economic Evaluation of Carbon Dioxide Emission Abatement Measures in the Greek Energy Sector," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(2), pages 181-198.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rff:dpaper:dp-97-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.