Broadband and Uneven Spatial Development: The Case of Cardiff City-Region
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lars-Hendrik Roller & Leonard Waverman, 2001.
"Telecommunications Infrastructure and Economic Development: A Simultaneous Approach,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 909-923, September.
- Lars-Hendrik Röller & Leonard Waverman, 1996. "Telecommunications Infrastructure and Economic Development: A Simultaneous Approach," CIG Working Papers FS IV 96-16, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Röller, Lars-Hendrik & Waverman, Leonard, 2000. "Telecommunications Infrastructure And Economic Development: A Simultaneous Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 2399, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anders Akerman & Ingvil Gaarder & Magne Mogstad, 2015.
"The Skill Complementarity of Broadband Internet,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 130(4), pages 1781-1824.
- Akerman, Anders & Gaarder, Ingvil & Mogstad, Magne, 2013. "The Skill Complementarity of Broadband Internet," Research Papers in Economics 2013:15, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Anders Akerman & Ingvil Gaarder & Magne Mogstad, 2015. "The Skill Complementarity of Broadband Internet," NBER Working Papers 20826, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Akerman, Anders & Gaarder, Ingvil & Mogstad, Magne, 2013. "The Skill Complementarity of Broadband Internet," IZA Discussion Papers 7762, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peter O'Brien & Andy Pike, 2015. "City Deals, Decentralisation and the Governance of Local Infrastructure Funding and Financing in the UK," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 233(1), pages 14-26, August.
- Paul Hildreth & David Bailey, 2013. "The economics behind the move to ‘localism’ in England," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 6(2), pages 233-249.
- Elizabeth A. Mack, 2015. "Variations in the Broadband-Business Connection across the Urban Hierarchy," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 400-423, September.
- Kolko, Jed, 2012. "Broadband and local growth," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 100-113.
- Arthur Grimes & Cleo Ren & Philip Stevens, 2012.
"The need for speed: impacts of internet connectivity on firm productivity,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 187-201, April.
- Arthur Grimes & Cleo Ren & Philip Stevens, 2009. "The Need for Speed: Impacts of Internet Connectivity on Firm Productivity," Working Papers 09_15, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Maarten Goos & Alan Manning, 2007.
"Lousy and Lovely Jobs: The Rising Polarization of Work in Britain,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 89(1), pages 118-133, February.
- Maarten Goos & Alan Manning, 2003. "Lousy and Lovely Jobs: the Rising Polarization of Work in Britain," CEP Discussion Papers dp0604, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Goos, Maarten & Manning, Alan, 2003. "Lousy and lovely jobs: the rising polarization of work in Britain," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20002, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jack E. Triplett, 1999. "The Solow productivity paradox: what do computers do to productivity?," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 32(2), pages 309-334, April.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Egger, Peter H. & von Ehrlich, Maximilian, 2010.
"Going NUTS: The effect of EU Structural Funds on regional performance,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(9-10), pages 578-590, October.
- Sascha Becker & Peter Egger & Maximilian Von Ehrlich & Robert Fenge, 2008. "Going NUTS: The Effect of EU Structural Funds on Regional Performance," CESifo Working Paper Series 2495, CESifo Group Munich.
- Becker, Sascha & Egger, Peter H & Fenge, Robert & von, Ehrlich Maximilian, 2008. "Going NUTS: The Effect of EU Structural Funds on Regional Performance," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2008-27, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Peter Huber & Klaus Nowotny, 2013.
"Moving across Borders: Who is Willing to Migrate or to Commute?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(9), pages 1462-1481, October.
- Peter Huber & Klaus Nowotny, 2008. "Moving Across Borders: Who is Willing to Migrate or to Commute?," WIFO Working Papers 322, WIFO.
- Frey, Carl Benedikt & Osborne, Michael A., 2017. "The future of employment: How susceptible are jobs to computerisation?," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 254-280.
- Bella Dicks, 2014. "Participatory Community Regeneration: A Discussion of Risks, Accountability and Crisis in Devolved Wales," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 51(5), pages 959-977, April.
- Bertschek, Irene & Cerquera, Daniel & Klein, Gordon J., 2011.
"More bits - more bucks? Measuring the impact of broadband internet on firm performance,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
11-032, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Bertschek, Irene & Cerquera, Daniel & Klein, Gordon J., 2013. "More bits - more bucks? Measuring the impact of broadband internet on firm performance," DICE Discussion Papers 86, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- David H. Autor, 2015. "Why Are There Still So Many Jobs? The History and Future of Workplace Automation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 29(3), pages 3-30, Summer.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2003. "Computing Productivity: Firm-Level Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(4), pages 793-808, November.
- Nina Czernich & Oliver Falck & Tobias Kretschmer & Ludger Woessmann, 2011.
"Broadband Infrastructure and Economic Growth,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 121(552), pages 505-532, May.
- Nina Czernich & Oliver Falck & Tobias Kretschmer & Ludger Wößmann, 2009. "Broadband Infrastructure and Economic Growth," CESifo Working Paper Series 2861, CESifo Group Munich.
- Czernich, Nina & Falck, Oliver & Kretschmer, Tobias & Wößmann, Ludger, 2011. "Broadband Infrastructure and Economic Growth," Munich Reprints in Economics 20033, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Stephen Graham, 2002. "Bridging Urban Digital Divides? Urban Polarisation and Information and Communications Technologies (ICTs)," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 39(1), pages 33-56, January.
- Ron Boschma & Simona Iammarino & Ed Steinmueller, 2013. "Editorial: Geography, Skills and Technological Change," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(10), pages 1615-1617, November.
- Koutroumpis, Pantelis, 2009. "The economic impact of broadband on growth: A simultaneous approach," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 471-485, October.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Francesca Lotti & Jacques Mairesse, 2013.
"Evidence on the impact of R&D and ICT investments on innovation and productivity in Italian firms,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 300-328, April.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Francesca Lotti & Jacques Mairesse, 2012. "Evidence on the impact of R&D and ICT investment on innovation and productivity in Italian firms," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 874, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Francesca Lotti & Jacques Mairesse, 2012. "Evidence on the Impact of R&D and ICT Investment on Innovation and Productivity in Italian Firms," NBER Working Papers 18053, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Hempell, 2005. "What’s spurious, what’s real? Measuring the productivity impacts of ICT at the firm-level," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 427-464, September.
- Brian Whitacre & Roberto Gallardo & Sharon Strover, 2014. "Does rural broadband impact jobs and income? Evidence from spatial and first-differenced regressions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 53(3), pages 649-670, November.
- Ronald Mcquaid, 2002. "Entrepreneurship and ICT Industries: Support from Regional and Local Policies," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(8), pages 909-919.
- McCoy, Daire & Lyons, Sean & Morgenroth, Edgar & Palcic, Donal & Allen, Leonie, 2016. "The impact of local infrastructure on new business establishments," MPRA Paper 69074, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gill Bentley & Lee Pugalis, 2013. "New directions in economic development: Localist policy discourses and the Localism Act," Local Economy, London South Bank University, vol. 28(3), pages 257-274, May.
- Arvanitis, Spyros & Loukis, Euripidis N., 2009. "Information and communication technologies, human capital, workplace organization and labour productivity: A comparative study based on firm-level data for Greece and Switzerland," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 43-61, February.
- Díaz-Chao, Ángel & Sainz-González, Jorge & Torrent-Sellens, Joan, 2015. "ICT, innovation, and firm productivity: New evidence from small local firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 1439-1444.
- Richard Meegan & Patricia Kennett & Gerwyn Jones & Jacqui Croft, 2014. "Global economic crisis, austerity and neoliberal urban governance in England," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 7(1), pages 137-153.
- Dirk Pilat, 2005. "The ICT Productivity Paradox: Insights from Micro Data," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2004(1), pages 37-65.
- Raul Katz & Stephan Vaterlaus & Patrick Zenhäusern & Stephan Suter, 2010. "The impact of broadband on jobs and the German economy," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 45(1), pages 26-34, January.
More about this item
KeywordsCity-regions; broadband; economic development; automation;
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-06-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-ICT-2018-06-18 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-PAY-2018-06-18 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
- NEP-URE-2018-06-18 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:86636. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.