Broadband and contributions to economic growth: Lessons from the US experience
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- George Cornel Dumitrescu, 2014. "The New World of Information and Communication Technologies: Global and Regional Trends," Knowledge Horizons - Economics, Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest, vol. 6(4), pages 17-24, December.
- Bertschek, Irene & Briglauer, Wolfgang & Hüschelrath, Kai & Kauf, Benedikt & Niebel, Thomas, 2016. "The economic impacts of telecommunications networks and broadband internet: A survey," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-056, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Angelo Castaldo & Alessandro Fiorini & Bernardo Maggi, 2016. "Measuring (in a time of crisis) the impact of broadband connections on economic growth: an OECD panel analysis," DSS Empirical Economics and Econometrics Working Papers Series 2016/1, Centre for Empirical Economics and Econometrics, Department of Statistics, "Sapienza" University of Rome.
- Ariel Herbert FAMBEU, 2016. "Déterminants De L’Adoption Des Tic Dans Un Pays En Développement : Une Analyse Économétrique Sur Les Entreprises Industrielles Au Cameroun," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 43, pages 159-186.
- Stockinger, Bastian, 2017. "The effect of broadband internet on establishments' employment growth: evidence from Germany," IAB Discussion Paper 201719, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- repec:taf:applec:v:50:y:2018:i:8:p:838-854 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bertschek, Irene & Niebel, Thomas, 2013. "Mobile and more productive? Firm-level evidence on the productivity effects of mobile internet use at the early stage of diffusion," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-118, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Bertschek, Irene & Niebel, Thomas, 2015. "Mobile and more productive? Firm-level evidence on the productivity effects of mobile internet use," ZEW Discussion Papers 15-090, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Beard, T. Randolph & Ford, George S. & Saba, Richard P. & Seals, Richard A., 2012. "Internet use and job search," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 260-273.
- Kim, Younjun & Orazem, Peter, 2012.
"Broadband Internet and Firm Entry: Evidence from Rural Iowa,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
35696, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Kim, Younjun & Orazem, Peter F., 2012. "Broadband Internet and Firm Entry: Evidence from Rural Iowa," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124879, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- David Audretsch & Diana Heger & Tobias Veith, 2015. "Infrastructure and entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 219-230, February.
- repec:asg:wpaper:1025 is not listed on IDEAS
- Najarzadeh, Reza & Rahimzadeh, Farzad & Reed, Michael, 2014. "Does the Internet increase labor productivity? Evidence from a cross-country dynamic panel," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 986-993.
- repec:spr:infosf:v:16:y:2014:i:4:d:10.1007_s10796-012-9384-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brian Whitacre & Roberto Gallardo & Sharon Strover, 2014. "Does rural broadband impact jobs and income? Evidence from spatial and first-differenced regressions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 53(3), pages 649-670, November.
- repec:asg:wpaper:1019 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hasbi, Maude, 2017. "Impact of Very High-Speed Broadband on Local Economic Growth: Empirical Evidence," 14th ITS Asia-Pacific Regional Conference, Kyoto 2017: Mapping ICT into Transformation for the Next Information Society 168484, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Haller, Stefanie A. & Lyons, Sean, 2012. "Broadband adoption and firm productivity: evidence from Irish manufacturing firms," MPRA Paper 42626, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jitsuzumi, Toshiya, 2015. "Means and ends toward the broadband society: Net neutrality and over-the-top players," 2015 Regional ITS Conference, Los Angeles 2015 146328, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- repec:oup:ajagec:v:99:y:2017:i:1:p:1-18. is not listed on IDEAS
- Mack, Elizabeth A. & Rey, Sergio J., 2014. "An econometric approach for evaluating the linkages between broadband and knowledge intensive firms," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 105-118.
- John Mayo & Scott Wallsten, 2011. "From Network Externalities to Broadband Growth Externalities: a Bridge not yet Built," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 38(2), pages 173-190, March.
- Bertschek, Irene & Cerquera, Daniel & Klein, Gordon J., 2011.
"More bits - more bucks? Measuring the impact of broadband internet on firm performance,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
11-032, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Bertschek, Irene & Cerquera, Daniel & Klein, Gordon J., 2013. "More bits - more bucks? Measuring the impact of broadband internet on firm performance," DICE Discussion Papers 86, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Centre for the Study of Living Standards, 2013. "The Contribution of Broadband to the Economic Development of First Nations in Canada," CSLS Research Reports 2013-04, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Mona Badran, 2011. "The Impact of Broadband Infrastructure on Economic Growth in Egypt and Some Arab and Emerging Countries," Working Papers 591, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 Jan 2011.
More about this item
KeywordsBroadband Communications Economic growth Federal Communications Commission;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:telpol:v:33:y::i:10-11:p:575-581. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30471/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.