Primary Seat-Belt Laws and Driver Behavior: Evidence from Accident Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Singh, Harinder & Thayer, Mark, 1992. "Impact of Seat Belt Use on Driving Behavior," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 30(4), pages 649-658, October.
- Keeler, Theodore E, 1994. "Highway Safety, Economic Behavior, and Driving Environment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 684-693, June.
- Steven D. Levitt & Jack Porter, 2001.
"Sample Selection In The Estimation Of Air Bag And Seat Belt Effectiveness,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 83(4), pages 603-615, November.
- Steven D. Levitt & Jack Porter, 1999. "Sample Selection in the Estimation of Air Bag and Seat Belt Effectiveness," NBER Working Papers 7210, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yong‐Kyun Bae & Hugo Benítez‐Silva, 2011.
"Do vehicle recalls reduce the number of accidents? The case of the U.S. car market,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(4), pages 821-862, September.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva & Yong-Kyun Bae, 2005. "Do Vehicle Recalls Reduce the Number of Accidents? The Case of the U.S. Car Market," Department of Economics Working Papers 05-06, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Loeb, Peter D, 1995. "The Effectiveness of Seat-Belt Legislation in Reducing Injury Rates in Texas," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 81-84, May.
- Yong-Kyun Bae & Hugo Benítez-Silva, 2013.
"The Effects Of Automobile Recalls On The Severity Of Accidents,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(2), pages 1232-1250, April.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva & Yong-Kyun Bae, 2010. "The Effects of Automobile Recalls on the Severity of Accidents," Department of Economics Working Papers 10-03, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- McCarthy, Patrick S., 1999. "Public policy and highway safety: a city-wide perspective," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 231-244, March.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1975. "The Effects of Automobile Safety Regulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(4), pages 677-725, August.
- Russell S. Sobel & Todd M. Nesbit, 2007. "Automobile Safety Regulation and the Incentive to Drive Recklessly: Evidence from NASCAR," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 74(1), pages 71-84, July.
- Alma Cohen & Liran Einav, 2003. "The Effects of Mandatory Seat Belt Laws on Driving Behavior and Traffic Fatalities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(4), pages 828-843, November.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2003.
"Multivariate probit regression using simulated maximum likelihood,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 3(3), pages 278-294, September.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2003. "Multivariate probit regression using simulated maximum likelihood," United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meetings 2003 10, Stata Users Group.
- Evans, William N & Graham, John D, 1991. "Risk Reduction or Risk Compensation? The Case of Mandatory Safety-Belt Use Laws," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 61-73, January.
More about this item
KeywordsOffsetting Behavior; Safety Regulation; Seat Belt Laws; Vehicle Accidents;
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L91 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Transportation: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2013-09-28 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LAW-2013-09-28 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-TRE-2013-09-28 (Transport Economics)
- NEP-URE-2013-09-28 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:49823. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .