The Effects of Automobile Recalls on the Severity of Accidents
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Yong-Kyun Bae & Hugo Benítez-Silva, 2013. "The Effects Of Automobile Recalls On The Severity Of Accidents," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(2), pages 1232-1250, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Crafton, Steven M & Hoffer, George E & Reilly, Robert J, 1981. "Testing the Impact of Recalls on the Demand for Automobiles," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(4), pages 694-703, October.
- William W. Gould & Jeffrey Pitblado & Brian Poi, 2010. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation with Stata," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, edition 4, number ml4, April.
- Orley Ashenfelter & Michael Greenstone, 2004.
"Using Mandated Speed Limits to Measure the Value of a Statistical Life,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(S1), pages 226-267, February.
- Ashenfelter, Orley & Greenstone, Michael, 2002. "Using Mandated Speed Limits to Measure the Value of a Statistical Life," IZA Discussion Papers 571, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Orley Ashenfelter & Michael Greenstone, 2002. "Using Mandated Speed Limits to Measure the Value of a Statistical Life," NBER Working Papers 9094, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Orley Ashenfelter & Michael Greenstone, 2002. "Using Mandated Speed Limits to Measure the Value of a Statistical Life," Working Papers 842, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Kaplow, Louis & Shavell, Steven, 2002. "Economic analysis of law," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 25, pages 1661-1784 Elsevier.
- Yong‐Kyun Bae & Hugo Benítez‐Silva, 2011.
"Do vehicle recalls reduce the number of accidents? The case of the U.S. car market,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(4), pages 821-862, September.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva & Yong-Kyun Bae, 2005. "Do Vehicle Recalls Reduce the Number of Accidents? The Case of the U.S. Car Market," Department of Economics Working Papers 05-06, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Rupp, Nicholas G & Taylor, Curtis R, 2002. "Who Initiates Recalls and Who Cares? Evidence from the Automobile Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 123-149, June.
- Marino, Anthony M, 1997. "A Model of Product Recalls with Asymmetric Information," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 245-265, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bae, Yong-Kyun & Benitez-Silva, Hugo, 2013.
"Information Transmission and Vehicle Recalls: The Role and Regulation of Recall Notification Letters,"
50380, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva & Yong-Kyun Bae, 2013. "Information Transmission and Vehicle Recalls: The Role and Regulation of Recall Notification Letter," Department of Economics Working Papers 13-02, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Bae, Yong-Kyun, 2013. "Primary Seat-Belt Laws and Driver Behavior: Evidence from Accident Data," MPRA Paper 49823, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Sep 2013.
More about this item
KeywordsAutomobile Recalls; Safety Regulation; Vehicle Defects; Car Accidents.;
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment; Related Parts and Equipment
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-02-12 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nys:sunysb:10-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edstous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.