Information Transmission and Vehicle Recalls: The Role and Regulation of Recall Notification Letter
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bae, Yong-Kyun & Benitez-Silva, Hugo, 2013. "Information Transmission and Vehicle Recalls: The Role and Regulation of Recall Notification Letters," MPRA Paper 50380, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Crafton, Steven M & Hoffer, George E & Reilly, Robert J, 1981. "Testing the Impact of Recalls on the Demand for Automobiles," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(4), pages 694-703, October.
- Jarrell, Gregg & Peltzman, Sam, 1985.
"The Impact of Product Recalls on the Wealth of Sellers,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 512-536, June.
- Gregg A. Jarrell & Sam Peltzman, 1984. "The Impact of Product Recalls on the Wealth of Sellers," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 33, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Yong‐Kyun Bae & Hugo Benítez‐Silva, 2011.
"Do vehicle recalls reduce the number of accidents? The case of the U.S. car market,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(4), pages 821-862, September.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva & Yong-Kyun Bae, 2005. "Do Vehicle Recalls Reduce the Number of Accidents? The Case of the U.S. Car Market," Department of Economics Working Papers 05-06, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Hartman, Raymond S, 1987. "Product Quality and Market Efficiency: The Effect of Product Recalls on Resale Prices and Firm Valuation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(2), pages 367-372, May.
- Rupp, Nicholas G & Taylor, Curtis R, 2002. "Who Initiates Recalls and Who Cares? Evidence from the Automobile Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 123-149, June.
- Yong-Kyun Bae & Hugo Benítez-Silva, 2013.
"The Effects Of Automobile Recalls On The Severity Of Accidents,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(2), pages 1232-1250, April.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva & Yong-Kyun Bae, 2010. "The Effects of Automobile Recalls on the Severity of Accidents," Department of Economics Working Papers 10-03, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Marino, Anthony M, 1997. "A Model of Product Recalls with Asymmetric Information," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 245-265, November.
More about this item
KeywordsSafety Regulation; Vehicle Defects; Automobile Recalls; Transmission of Information; Consumer Behavior;
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment; Related Parts and Equipment
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nys:sunysb:13-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edstous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.