HUMAN Capital Contracts in Chile : An excercise based on Income data on Chilean HE graduates
Given that a significant proportion of the Chilean education system is financed with household resources, we present human capital contracts (HCC) as an option for higher education financing for students facing financial constraints, but who could use their expected future income flows as collateral. We analyze the feasibility of HCC implementation in Chile over a set of college majors. We find that HCC can partially fund any college major in Chile and finance some majors completely, under certain conditions. Among the variables analyzed, those affecting most severely the contract pricing are initial wage level after graduation and graduation rate.
|Date of creation:||21 Jul 2011|
|Date of revision:||29 Nov 2012|
|Publication status:||Published in Latin American Jounal of Economics 2.49(2012): pp. 185-215|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Introduction to "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings"," NBER Chapters,in: Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, pages 1-4 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlos Felipe Prada, 2006.
"¿Es rentable la decisión de estudiar en Colombia?,"
Ensayos sobre Política Económica,
Banco de la Republica de Colombia, vol. 24(51), pages 226-323, Junio.
- Carlos Felipe Prada, 2006. "¿Es rentable la decisión de estudiar en Colombia?," ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE, vol. 24(51), pages 226-323, June.
- Claudio Sapelli., 2009. "Los Retornos a la Educación en Chile: Estimaciones por Corte Transversal y por Cohortes," Documentos de Trabajo 349, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1, June.
- Chapman, Bruce, 2006. "Income Contingent Loans for Higher Education: International Reforms," Handbook of the Economics of Education, Elsevier.
- Bruce Chapman, 2005. "Income Contingent Loans for Higher Education: International Reform," CEPR Discussion Papers 491, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Christiansen, Charlotte & Joensen, Juanna Schroter & Nielsen, Helena Skyt, 2007. "The risk-return trade-off in human capital investment," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 971-986, December.
- Charlotte Christiansen & Juanna Schröter Joensen, 2006. "The Risk-Return Trade-Off in Human Capital Investment," Economics Working Papers 2006-02, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Christiansen, Charlotte & Joensen, Juanna Schrøter & Nielsen, Helena Skyt, 2006. "The Risk-Return Trade-Off in Human Capital Investment," IZA Discussion Papers 1962, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Paula Giovagnoli & Georgina Pizzolitto & Julieta Trías, 2005. "Monitoring the Socio-Economic Conditions in Chile," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0019, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Dynarski, Mark, 1994. "Who defaults on student loans? Findings from the National Postsecondary Student Aid Study," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 55-68, March.
- V. Vandenberghe & O. Debande, 2007. "Deferred and Income-contingent Tuition Fees: An Empirical Assessment using Belgian, German and UK Data," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 421-440. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:42982. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.