Downside Risk for European Equity Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Francis X. Diebold & Til Schuermann & John D. Stroughair, 1998.
"Pitfalls and Opportunities in the Use of Extreme Value Theory in Risk Management,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
98-10, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Francis X. Diebold & Til Schuermann & John D. Stroughair, 1998. "Pitfalls and Opportunities in the Use of Extreme Value Theory in Risk Management," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 98-081, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Poon, Ser-Huang & Taylor, Stephen J., 1992. "Stock returns and volatility: An empirical study of the UK stock market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 37-59, February.
- Jón Daníelsson & Casper G. de Vries, 1998.
"Beyond the Sample: Extreme Quantile and Probability Estimation,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
98-016/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Jon Danielsson & Casper G. de Vries, 1998. "Beyond the Sample: Extreme Quantile and Probability Estimation," FMG Discussion Papers dp298, Financial Markets Group.
- Ghose, Devajyoti & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1995. "The relationship between GARCH and symmetric stable processes: Finding the source of fat tails in financial data," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-251, September.
- Casper De Vries & Jon Danielsson & de Vries Casper G, 1996. "Tail Index and Quantile Estimation with Very High Frequency Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 116, CESifo Group Munich.
- Phillip Kearns & Adrian Pagan, 1997. "Estimating The Density Tail Index For Financial Time Series," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(2), pages 171-175, May.
- Subu Venkataraman, 1997. "Value at risk for a mixture of normal distributions: the use of quasi- Bayesian estimation techniques," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Mar, pages 2-13.
- Jansen, Dennis W. & Koedijk, Kees G. & de Vries, Casper G., 2000. "Portfolio selection with limited downside risk," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 247-269, November.
- Arzac, Enrique R. & Bawa, Vijay S., 1977. "Portfolio choice and equilibrium in capital markets with safety-first investors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 277-288, May.
- Cotter, John, 2001.
"Margin exceedences for European stock index futures using extreme value theory,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1475-1502, August.
- Cotter, John, 2000. "Margin Exceedences for European Stock Index Futures using Extreme Value Theory," MPRA Paper 3534, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2001.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean‐Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228, July.
- Liam Gallagher, 1999. "A multi-country analysis of the temporary and permanent components of stock prices," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 129-142.
- Koedijk, Kees G & Kool, Clemens J M, 1992. "Tail Estimates of East European Exchange Rates," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(1), pages 83-96, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Cotter, 2006.
"Modelling catastrophic risk in international equity markets: an extreme value approach,"
Applied Financial Economics Letters,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 13-17, January.
- Cotter, John, 2006. "Modelling catastrophic risk in international equity markets: An extreme value approach," MPRA Paper 3507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Cotter, 2011. "Modelling Catastrophic Risk in International Equity Markets: An Extreme Value Approach," Working Papers 200515, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- john cotter, 2011. "Modelling catastrophic risk in international equity markets: An extreme value approach," Papers 1103.5656, arXiv.org.
- Sasa Zikovic & Randall Filer, 2012.
"Ranking of VaR and ES Models: Performance in Developed and Emerging Markets,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3980, CESifo Group Munich.
- Saša ŽIKOVIÆ & Randall K. FILER, 2013. "Ranking of VaR and ES Models: Performance in Developed and Emerging Markets," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 63(4), pages 327-359, August.
- Marco Rocco, 2011. "Extreme value theory for finance: a survey," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 99, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Sarafrazi, Soodabeh & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & AraújoSantos, Paulo, 2014. "Downside risk, portfolio diversification and the financial crisis in the euro-zone," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 368-396.
- Sasa Zikovic & Randall Filer, 2009. "Hybrid Historical Simulation VaR and ES: Performance in Developed and Emerging Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 2820, CESifo Group Munich.
- Chen-Yu Chen & Jian-Hsin Chou & Hung-Gay Fung & Yiuman Tse, 2017. "Setting the futures margin with price limits: the case for single-stock futures," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 219-237, January.
- Cotter, John, 2004. "Modelling extreme financial returns of global equity markets," MPRA Paper 3532, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Liu, Tengdong & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Santos, Paulo Araújo, 2014. "Downside risk and portfolio diversification in the euro-zone equity markets with special consideration of the crisis period," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 47-68.
- John Cotter, 2005. "Extreme risk in futures contracts," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(8), pages 489-492.
- Dar-Hsin Chen & Chun-Da Chen & Jianguo Chen, 2009. "Downside risk measures and equity returns in the NYSE," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(8), pages 1055-1070.
- Alex YiHou Huang, 2009. "A value-at-risk approach with kernel estimator," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(5), pages 379-395.
- Julija Cerović & Vesna Karadžić, 2015. "Extreme Value Theory In Emerging Markets: Evidence From Montenegrin Stock Exchange," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 60(206), pages 87-116, July - Se.
More about this item
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:3537. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.