Margin exceedences for European stock index futures using extreme value theory
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Cotter, John, 2000. "Margin Exceedences for European Stock Index Futures using Extreme Value Theory," MPRA Paper 3534, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2001.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brennan, Michael J., 1986. "A theory of price limits in futures markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 213-233, June.
- Jon Danielsson & Casper G. de Vries, 1998.
"Beyond the Sample: Extreme Quantile and Probability Estimation,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp298, Financial Markets Group.
- Jón Daníelsson & Casper G. de Vries, 1998. "Beyond the Sample: Extreme Quantile and Probability Estimation," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 98-016/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Loretan, Mico & Phillips, Peter C. B., 1994.
"Testing the covariance stationarity of heavy-tailed time series: An overview of the theory with applications to several financial datasets,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 211-248, January.
- Loretan, M. & Phillips, P.C.B., 1992. "Testing the Covariance Stationarity of Heavy-Tailed Time Series: An Overview of the Theory with Applications to Several Financial Datasets," Working papers 9208, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Hall, Joyce A. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Irwin, Scott H., 1989.
"The Distribution of Futures Prices: A Test of the Stable Paretian and Mixture of Normals Hypotheses,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(01), pages 105-116, March.
- Hall, Joyce A. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Irwin, Scott H., 1987. "The Distribution of Futures Prices: A Test of the Stable Paretian and Mixture of Normals Hypotheses," 1987 Annual Meeting, August 2-5, East Lansing, Michigan 269968, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Pagan, Adrian, 1996. "The econometrics of financial markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 15-102, May.
- G. Geoffrey Booth & John Paul Broussard & Teppo Martikainen & Vesa Puttonen, 1997. "Prudent Margin Levels in the Finnish Stock Index Futures Market," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(8), pages 1177-1188, August.
- Paul H. Kupiec & Patricia A. White, 1996. "Regulatory competition and the efficiency of alternative derivative product margining systems," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 96-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Phillips, Peter C B & McFarland, James W & McMahon, Patrick C, 1996.
"Robust Tests of Forward Exchange Market Efficiency with Empirical Evidence from the 1920s,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 1-22, Jan.-Feb..
- Peter C.B. Phillips & James W. McFarland & Patrick C. McMahon, 1994. "Robust Tests of Forward Exchange Market Efficiency with Empirical Evidence from the 1920's," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1080, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J., 1996. "Modeling volatility persistence of speculative returns: A new approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 185-215, July.
- John Cotter & Donal G. McKillop, 2000.
"The Distributional Characteristics of a Selection of Contracts Traded on the London International Financial Futures Exchange,"
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(3&4), pages 487-510.
- John Cotter & Donal G. McKillop, 2000. "The Distributional Characteristics of a Selection of Contracts Traded on the London International Financial Futures Exchange," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(3-4), pages 487-510.
- Ghose, Devajyoti & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1995. "The relationship between GARCH and symmetric stable processes: Finding the source of fat tails in financial data," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-251, September.
- Longin, François, 1999. "From Value at Risk to Stress Testing: The Extreme Value Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 2161, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Seung‐Ryong Yang & B. Wade Brorsen, 1993. "Nonlinear dynamics of daily futures prices: Conditional heteroskedasticity or chaos?," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(2), pages 175-191, April.
- Phillip Kearns & Adrian Pagan, 1997. "Estimating The Density Tail Index For Financial Time Series," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(2), pages 171-175, May.
- Hans Dewachter & Geert Gielens, 1999. "Setting futures margins: the extremes approach," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 173-181.
- Subu Venkataraman, 1997. "Value at risk for a mixture of normal distributions: the use of quasi- Bayesian estimation techniques," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Mar, pages 2-13.
- Koedijk, Kees G & Kool, Clemens J M, 1992. "Tail Estimates of East European Exchange Rates," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(1), pages 83-96, January.
- Hols, Martien C A B & de Vries, Casper G, 1991. "The Limiting Distribution of Extremal Exchange Rate Returns," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 287-302, July-Sept.
- Longin, Francois M., 2000. "From value at risk to stress testing: The extreme value approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 1097-1130, July.
- Paul H. Kupiec & A. Patricia White, 1996. "Regulatory competition and the efficiency of alternative derivative product margining systems," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(8), pages 943-968, December.
More about this item
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:25:y:2001:i:8:p:1475-1502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.