Beyond the Sample: Extreme Quantile and Probability Estimation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jon Danielsson & Casper G. de Vries, 1998. "Beyond the Sample: Extreme Quantile and Probability Estimation," FMG Discussion Papers dp298, Financial Markets Group.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Odening, Martin & Hinrichs, Jan, 2003.
"Die Quantifizierung von Marktrisiken in der Tierproduktion mittels Value-at-Risk und Extreme-Value-Theory,"
German Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 52(2).
- Odening, Martin & Hinrichs, Jan, 2002. "Die Quantifizierung von Marktrisiken in der Tierproduktion mittels Value-at-Risk und Extreme-Value-Theory," Working Paper Series 18826, Humboldt University Berlin, Department Agricultural Economics.
- R.W.J. van den Goorbergh, 1999. "Value-at-Risk and least squares tail index estimation," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 578, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Tsourti, Zoi & Panaretos, John, 2004. "Extreme-value analysis of teletraffic data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 85-103, February.
- R.W.J. van den Goorbergh & P.J.G. Vlaar, 1999.
"Value-at-Risk Analysis of Stock Returns Historical Simulation,Variance Techniques or Tail Index Estimation?,"
DNB Staff Reports (discontinued)
40, Netherlands Central Bank.
- R.W.J. van den Goorbergh & P.J.G. Vlaar, 1999. "Value-at-Risk analysis of stock returns: Historical simulation, varinace techniques or tail index estimation ?," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 579, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Cotter, John, 2001.
"Margin exceedences for European stock index futures using extreme value theory,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1475-1502, August.
- Cotter, John, 2000. "Margin Exceedences for European Stock Index Futures using Extreme Value Theory," MPRA Paper 3534, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2001.
- Mendes, Beatriz Vaz de Melo & Lopes, Hedibert Freitas, 2004. "Data driven estimates for mixtures," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 583-598, October.
- Engle, Robert F. & Manganelli, Simone, 2001. "Value at risk models in finance," Working Paper Series 0075, European Central Bank.
- Robert F. Engle & Simone Manganelli, 2004.
"CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 22, pages 367-381, October.
- Engle, Robert F & Manganelli, Simone, 1999. "CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt06m3d6nv, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Robert Engle & Simone Manganelli, 2000. "CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0841, Econometric Society.
- Marcia M. A. Schafgans, 2000. "On Intercept Estimation in the Sample Selection Model," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0730, Econometric Society.
- Tsourti, Zoi & Panaretos, John, 2003. "Extreme Value Index Estimators and Smoothing Alternatives: A Critical Review," MPRA Paper 6390, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Odening, Martin & Hinrichs, Jan, 2002. "Assessment Of Market Risk In Hog Production Using Value-At-Risk And Extreme Value Theory," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19907, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Sebastian Schich, 2004. "European stock market dependencies when price changes are unusually large," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 165-177.
- Manfred Gilli & Evis këllezi, 2006. "An Application of Extreme Value Theory for Measuring Financial Risk," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 27(2), pages 207-228, May.
- John Cotter, 2004. "Downside risk for European equity markets," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(10), pages 707-716.
- Francis X. Diebold & Til Schuermann & John D. Stroughair, 1998.
"Pitfalls and Opportunities in the Use of Extreme Value Theory in Risk Management,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
98-10, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Francis X. Diebold & Til Schuermann & John D. Stroughair, 1998. "Pitfalls and Opportunities in the Use of Extreme Value Theory in Risk Management," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 98-081, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Carmela E. Quintos & Zhenhong Fan & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2000. "Structural Change in Tail Behavior and the Asian Financial Crisis," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1283, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Lucas, André & Straetmans, Stefan & Klaassen, Pieter, 1999. "Tail behavior of credit loss distributions," Serie Research Memoranda 0060, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Robert F. Engle & Simone Manganelli, 1999. "CAViaR: Conditional Value at Risk by Quantile Regression," NBER Working Papers 7341, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Niklas Wagner & Terry Marsh, 2004. "Tail index estimation in small smaples Simulation results for independent and ARCH-type financial return models," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 545-561, October.
- Ho, Lan-Chih & Burridge, Peter & Cadle, John & Theobald, Michael, 2000. "Value-at-risk: Applying the extreme value approach to Asian markets in the recent financial turmoil," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 249-275, May.
- Kilic, Ekrem, 2006. "Violation duration as a better way of VaR model evaluation : evidence from Turkish market portfolio," MPRA Paper 5610, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guang Bi & David E. Giles, 2007. "An Application of Extreme Value Theory to U.S. Movie Box Office Returns," Econometrics Working Papers 0705, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Tsourti, Zoi & Panaretos, John, 2001. "Extreme Value Index Estimators and Smoothing Alternatives: Review and Simulation Comparison," MPRA Paper 6384, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsExtreme value theory; tail estimation; risk analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tin:wpaper:19980016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tinbergen Office +31 (0)10-4088900) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tinbenl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.