Extreme Value Analysis of Teletraffic Data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Einmahl, J. H.J. & Dekkers, A. L.M. & de Haan, L., 1989. "A moment estimator for the index of an extreme-value distribution," Other publications TiSEM 81970cb3-5b7a-4cad-9bf6-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jón Daníelsson & Casper G. de Vries, 1998.
"Beyond the Sample: Extreme Quantile and Probability Estimation,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
98-016/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Jon Danielsson & Casper G. de Vries, 1998. "Beyond the Sample: Extreme Quantile and Probability Estimation," FMG Discussion Papers dp298, Financial Markets Group.
- M. I. Barão & J. A. Tawn, 1999. "Extremal analysis of short series with outliers: sea-levels and athletics records," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 48(4), pages 469-487.
- Tsourti, Zoi & Panaretos, John, 2001. "Extreme Value Index Estimators and Smoothing Alternatives: Review and Simulation Comparison," MPRA Paper 6384, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- McNeil, Alexander J., 1997. "Estimating the Tails of Loss Severity Distributions Using Extreme Value Theory," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(01), pages 117-137, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lorenzo Hern'andez & Jorge Tejero & Alberto Su'arez & Santiago Carrillo-Men'endez, 2012. "Percentiles of sums of heavy-tailed random variables: Beyond the single-loss approximation," Papers 1203.2564, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2012.
More about this item
KeywordsTeletraffic engineering; Long tails; Extreme-value index; Smoothing procedures;
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:6391. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .