Comparing Downside Risk Measures for Heavy Tailed Distributions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Danielsson, Jon & Jorgensen, Bjorn N. & Sarma, Mandira & de Vries, Casper G., 2006. "Comparing downside risk measures for heavy tailed distributions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 202-208, August.
- Danielsson, Jon & Jorgensen, Bjørn N. & Sarma, Mandira & Vries, C. G. de, 2005. "Comparing downside risk measures for heavy tailed distribution," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24671, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fishburn, Peter C, 1977. "Mean-Risk Analysis with Risk Associated with Below-Target Returns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 116-126, March.
- Jansen, Dennis W & de Vries, Casper G, 1991.
"On the Frequency of Large Stock Returns: Putting Booms and Busts into Perspective,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, pages 18-24.
- Dennis W. Jansen & Casper de Vries, 1988. "On the frequency of large stock returns: putting booms and busts into perspective," Working Papers 1989-006, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Bawa, Vijay S., 1975. "Optimal rules for ordering uncertain prospects," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 95-121, March.
- Pagan, Adrian, 1996. "The econometrics of financial markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 15-102, May.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Felix, Luiz & Kräussl, Roman & Stork, Philip, 2017. "Single stock call options as lottery tickets," CFS Working Paper Series 566, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Danielsson, Jon & Zhou, Chen, 2015. "Why risk is so hard to measure," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 62002, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Gonzalo, J. & Olmo, J., 2007.
"The impact of heavy tails and comovements in downside-risk diversification,"
07/02, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Gonzalo, Jesús & Olmo, José, 2007. "The impact of heavy tails and comovements in downside-risk diversification," UC3M Working papers. Economics we20070208, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Marco Rocco, 2011. "Extreme value theory for finance: a survey," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 99, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Tarasov, Arthur, 2011. "Coherent Quantitative Analysis of Risks in Agribusiness: Case of Ukraine," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 3(4), December.
- Gregory-Allen, Russell & Lu, Helen & Stork, Philip, 2012. "Asymmetric extreme tails and prospective utility of momentum returns," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 295-297.
- Luiz Felix & Roman Kraussl & Philip Stork, 2016. "Single Stock Call Options as Lottery Tickets - Overpricing and Investor Sentiment," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 16-022/IV, Tinbergen Institute, revised 26 Jan 2018.
- Antonio Di Cesare & Philip A. Stork & Casper G. de Vries, 2015.
"Risk Measures for Autocorrelated Hedge Fund Returns,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 13(4), pages 868-895.
- Antonio Di Cesare & Philip A. Stork & Casper G. de Vries, 2011. "Risk Measures for Autocorrelated Hedge Fund Returns," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-084/2/DSF 23, Tinbergen Institute.
- Antonio Di Cesare & Philip A. Stork & Casper G. de Vries, 2011. "Risk measures for autocorrelated hedge fund returns," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 831, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Pais, Amelia & Stork, Philip A., 2011. "Contagion risk in the Australian banking and property sectors," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 681-697, March.
- Nieto, Maria Rosa & Ruiz, Esther, 2016. "Frontiers in VaR forecasting and backtesting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 475-501.
- Namwon Hyung & Casper G. de Vries, 2010. "The Downside Risk of Heavy Tails induces Low Diversification," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-082/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Adam, Alexandre & Houkari, Mohamed & Laurent, Jean-Paul, 2008. "Spectral risk measures and portfolio selection," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1870-1882, September.
- Tavakoli Baghdadabad, Mohammad Reza, 2014. "Average drawdown risk reduction and risk tolerances," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 264-276.
- Tee, Kai-Hong, 2009. "The effect of downside risk reduction on UK equity portfolios included with Managed Futures Funds," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 303-310, December.
More about this item
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fmg:fmgdps:dp551. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (The FMG Administration). General contact details of provider: http://www.lse.ac.uk/fmg/ .