The impact of heavy tails and comovements in downside-risk diversification
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gonzalo, J. & Olmo, J., 2007. "The impact of heavy tails and comovements in downside-risk diversification," Working Papers 07/02, Department of Economics, City University London.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Mikosch, 2005. "How to model multivariate extremes if one must?," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 59(3), pages 324-338.
- Danielsson, Jon & Jorgensen, Bjorn N. & Sarma, Mandira & de Vries, Casper G., 2006.
"Comparing downside risk measures for heavy tailed distributions,"
Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 202-208, August.
- Casper G. de Vries & Bjørn N. Jorgensen & Sarma Mandira & Jon Danielsson, 2005. "Comparing Downside Risk Measures for Heavy Tailed Distributions," FMG Discussion Papers dp551, Financial Markets Group.
- Danielsson, Jon & Jorgensen, Bjørn N. & Sarma, Mandira & Vries, C. G. de, 2005. "Comparing downside risk measures for heavy tailed distribution," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24671, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bawa, Vijay S, 1976. "Admissible Portfolios for All Individuals," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1169-1183, September.
- Andrew Patton & Yanqin Fan & Xiaohong Chen, 2004.
"Simple Tests for Models of Dependence Between Multiple Financial Time Series, with Applications to U.S. Equity Returns and Exchange Rates,"
wp04-19, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Chen, Xiaohong & Fan, Yanqin & Patton, Andrew J., 2004. "Simple tests for models of dependence between multiple financial time series, with applications to U.S. equity returns and exchange rates," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24681, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Juri, Alessandro & Wuthrich, Mario V., 2002. "Copula convergence theorems for tail events," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 405-420, June.
- Andrew J. Patton, 2006. "Modelling Asymmetric Exchange Rate Dependence," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 47(2), pages 527-556, May.
- Arzac, Enrique R. & Bawa, Vijay S., 1977. "Portfolio choice and equilibrium in capital markets with safety-first investors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 277-288, May.
- Bawa, Vijay S., 1975. "Optimal rules for ordering uncertain prospects," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 95-121, March.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Harlow, W. V. & Rao, Ramesh K. S., 1989. "Asset Pricing in a Generalized Mean-Lower Partial Moment Framework: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(03), pages 285-311, September.
- Bawa, Vijay S. & Lindenberg, Eric B., 1977. "Capital market equilibrium in a mean-lower partial moment framework," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 189-200, November.
- Hogan, William W. & Warren, James M., 1974. "Toward the Development of an Equilibrium Capital-Market Model Based on Semivariance," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(01), pages 1-11, January.
- Chavez-Demoulin, V. & Embrechts, P. & Neslehova, J., 2006. "Quantitative models for operational risk: Extremes, dependence and aggregation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 2635-2658, October.
More about this item
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:werepe:we20070208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Poveda). General contact details of provider: http://www.eco.uc3m.es/ .