Safety-first and extreme value bilateral U.S.-Mexican portfolio optimization around the peso crisis and NAFTA in 1994
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Graciela L. Kaminsky, 1999.
"The Twin Crises: The Causes of Banking and Balance-of-Payments Problems,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 473-500, June.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 1999. "The twin crises: The causes of banking and balance of payments problems," MPRA Paper 14081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1996. "The twin crises: the causes of banking and balance-of-payments problems," International Finance Discussion Papers 544, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gruben, William C & Welch, John H, 1996. "Default Risk and Dollarization in Mexico," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(3), pages 393-401, August.
- Gencay, Ramazan & Selcuk, Faruk, 2004. "Extreme value theory and Value-at-Risk: Relative performance in emerging markets," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 287-303.
- Arzac, Enrique R. & Bawa, Vijay S., 1977. "Portfolio choice and equilibrium in capital markets with safety-first investors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 277-288, May.
- Hall, Peter, 1990. "Using the bootstrap to estimate mean squared error and select smoothing parameter in nonparametric problems," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 177-203, February.
- Jansen, Dennis W. & Koedijk, Kees G. & de Vries, Casper G., 2000. "Portfolio selection with limited downside risk," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 247-269, November.
- Haque, Mahfuzul & Kabir Hassan, M. & Varela, Oscar, 2004. "Safety-first portfolio optimization for US investors in emerging global, Asian and Latin American markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 91-116, January.
- Evis Këllezi & Manfred Gilli, 2000. "Extreme Value Theory for Tail-Related Risk Measures," FAME Research Paper Series rp18, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Gencay, Ramazan & Selcuk, Faruk & Ulugulyagci, Abdurrahman, 2003. "High volatility, thick tails and extreme value theory in value-at-risk estimation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 337-356, October.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1963. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36, pages 394.
- Wilson, Berry & Saunders, Anthony & Caprio, Gerard, Jr, 2000.
"Financial Fragility and Mexico's 1994 Peso Crisis: An Event-Window Analysis of Market-Valuation Effects,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(3), pages 450-68, August.
- Berry Wilson & Anthony Saunders & Gerard Caprio, Jr., 2000. "Financial fragility and Mexico's 1994 peso crisis: an event-window analysis of market-valuation effects," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 450-473.
- Francis X. Diebold & Til Schuermann & John D. Stroughair, 1998.
"Pitfalls and Opportunities in the Use of Extreme Value Theory in Risk Management,"
New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires
98-081, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Francis X. Diebold & Til Schuermann & John D. Stroughair, 1998. "Pitfalls and Opportunities in the Use of Extreme Value Theory in Risk Management," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 98-10, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Ike Mathur, 2002. "Contagion Effects from the 1994 Mexican Peso Crisis: Evidence from Chilean Stocks," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 37(1), pages 17-33, 02.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1963. "New Methods in Statistical Economics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71, pages 421.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:47:y:2007:i:3:p:449-469. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.