Poverty, inflation and economic growth: empirical evidence from Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Muhammad Irfan CHANI & Zahid PERVAIZ & Amatul R. CHAUDHARY, 2011. "Determination of Import Demand in Pakistan: The Role of Expenditure Components," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(8(561)), pages 93-110, August.
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2002. "Growth Is Good for the Poor," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 195-225, September.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 1998. "Output gains from economic stabilization," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 81-96, June.
- Zahid Pervaiz & Amatul R. Chaudhary, 2015. "Social Cohesion and Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 48(4), pages 369-381, December.
- Barro, Robert J, 1990.
"Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 103-126, October.
- Robert J. Barro, 1988. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth," NBER Working Papers 2588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J., 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogeneous Growth," Scholarly Articles 3451296, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J., 1988. "Government Spending In A Simple Model Of Endogenous Growth," RCER Working Papers 130, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- David Dollar, 2005. "Globalization, Poverty, and Inequality since 1980," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 20(2), pages 145-175.
- Adams, Richard H. Jr., 2004. "Remittances and poverty in Guatemala," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3418, The World Bank.
- Hunjra, Ahmed Imran & Azam, Muhammad & Niazi, Ghulam Shabbir Khan & Butt, Babar Zaheer & Rehman, Kashif-Ur- & Azam, Rauf i, 2010. "Risk and return relationship in stock market and commodity prices: a comprehensive study of Pakistani markets," MPRA Paper 40662, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bruno, Michael & Easterly, William, 1998. "Inflation crises and long-run growth," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 3-26, February.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & McDermott, C John & Prasad, Eswar S, 2000.
"Macroeconomic Fluctuations in Developing Countries: Some Stylized Facts,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 14(2), pages 251-285, May.
- C. John McDermott & Eswar S Prasad & Pierre-Richard Agénor, 1999. "Macroeconomic Fluctuations in Developing Countries; Some Stylized Facts," IMF Working Papers 99/35, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Niraj Prasad Koirala & Dhiroj Prasad Koirala, 2016. "Poverty and Inequality across the Nations: How Can Governments be Effective in Coping?," Economy, Asian Online Journal Publishing Group, vol. 3(1), pages 24-30.
- Younis, Fizza & Chaudhary, Aslam & Akbar, Muhammad, 2015. "Pattern of Development and Sustainable Economic Growth In Pakistan: A Descriptive Analysis," MPRA Paper 71473, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Chani & Sajjad Jan & Zahid Pervaiz & Amatul Chaudhary, 2014. "Human capital inequality and income inequality: testing for causality," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 149-156, January.
- Muhammad AZAM KHAN* & Saleem KHAN*, 2018. "INFLATION AND THE ECONOMIC GROWTH: Evidence from Five Asian Countries," Pakistan Journal of Applied Economics, Applied Economics Research Centre, vol. 28(2), pages 235-252.
- Saqlain Latif Satti & Muhammad Shahid Hassan & Fozia Hayat & Sudharshan Reddy Paramati, 2016. "Economic Growth and Inflow of Remittances: Do They Combat Poverty in an Emerging Economy?," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 127(3), pages 1119-1134, July.
- Mehboob Ul Hassan & Muhammad Waqas Khalid & Ashar Sultan Kayani, 2016. "Evaluating the Dilemma of Inflation, Poverty and Unemployment," Bulletin of Business and Economics (BBE), Research Foundation for Humanity (RFH), vol. 5(2), pages 67-82, June.
- Ali Yassin Sheikh Ali & Mohamed Saney Dalmar & Ali Abdulkadir Ali, 2017. "Determinants of Economic Growth: Evidence from Somalia," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 9(6), pages 200-211, June.
- Hameed, Dr. Gulnaz & Nazir, Sidra & Muhammad, Atta & Saeed, Saira, 2017. "Threshold Modeling for Inflation and GDP Growth," MPRA Paper 90130, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2018.
- repec:gei:journl:v:2:y:2017:i:2:p:130-143 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muhammad Ayyoub & Julia Wörz, 2019. "What Drives Inflation-Output Tradeoff Dynamics in Pakistan? An Assessment of International Linkages and Global Trends," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 24(1), pages 55-81, Jan-June.
- John Anyanwu, 2013. "Working Paper 181 - Determining the Correlates of Poverty for Inclusive Growth in Africa," Working Paper Series 979, African Development Bank.
- Chani, Muhammad Irfan & Hassan, Mahboob Ul & Shahid, Muhammad, 2012. "Human capital formation and economic development in Pakistan: an empirical analysis," MPRA Paper 38925, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nazir, Sidra & Saeed, Saira & Muhammad, Atta, 2017. "Threshold Modeling for Inflation and GDP Growth," MPRA Paper 79649, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hamid Ali & Hafiz Muhammad Abubakar Siddique & Kaleem Ullah & Muhammad Tariq Mahmood, 2018. "Human Capital and Economic Growth Nexus in Pakistan: The Role of Foreign Aid," Bulletin of Business and Economics (BBE), Research Foundation for Humanity (RFH), vol. 7(1), pages 13-21, March.
- Jan, Sajjad Ahmad & Chani, Muhammad Irfan & Pervaiz, Zahid & Chaudhary, Amatul R., 2012. "Physical infrastructure and economic development in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 37785, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Akhsyim Afandi & Dwi Wahyuni & Jaka Sriyana, 2017. "Policies to Eliminate Poverty Rate in Indonesia," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 435-441.
- Amna Sohail Rawat, Syed Kumail Mehdi, 2017. "The Impact of Islamic Banks and Takaful Companies on Economic Growth: A Case of Pakistan," Journal of Finance and Economics Research, Geist Science, Iqra University, Faculty of Business Administration, vol. 2(2), pages 130-143, October.
- Zaman, Khalid & Khilji, Bashir Ahmad, 2013. "The relationship between growth–inequality–poverty triangle and pro-poor growth policies in Pakistan: The twin disappointments," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 375-393.
- Gurmit Kaur & Siti Ayu Jalil, 2017. "Examining the Linkage between Poverty and Macroeconomic Variables in Malaysia: A Co-integration Analysis," Information Management and Business Review, AMH International, vol. 9(2), pages 6-15.
- Nyoni, Thabani & Mutongi, Chipo, 2019. "Modeling the long-run relationship between inflation and economic growth in Zimbabwe: a bi-variate cointegration (Engle-Granger Two-Step) approach," MPRA Paper 93981, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsPoverty; Inflation; Economic Grovvth; Pakistan; Macroeconomic Policy; Welfare; Trade Openness;
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2011-11-07 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-FDG-2011-11-07 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-MAC-2011-11-07 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34290. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.