Output gains from economic stabilization
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Bergh, J.C.J.M., 1991. "Sustainable economic development : an overview," Serie Research Memoranda 0016, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Easterly, William, 1993. "How much do distortions affect growth?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 187-212, November.
- -, 1991. "Population and development in St. Lucia," Sede Subregional de la CEPAL para el Caribe (Estudios e Investigaciones) 27355, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Fischer, Stanley, 1979. "Capital Accumulation on the Transition Path in a Monetary Optimizing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(6), pages 1433-1439, November.
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993. "Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-737.
- Robert M. Solow, 1956. "A Contribution to the Theory of Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(1), pages 65-94.
- Michael Mussa, 1982. "Government Policy and the Adjustment Process," NBER Chapters,in: Import Competition and Response, pages 73-122 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruno, Michael & Easterly, William, 1998. "Inflation crises and long-run growth," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 3-26, February.
- anonymous, 1991. "Regional economic development and public policy," Monograph, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, number 1991redap.
- repec:nbr:nberwo:4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rebelo, Sergio, 1991. "Long-Run Policy Analysis and Long-Run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 500-521, June.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1990.
"Lecture Notes on Economic Growth(I): Introduction to the Literature and Neoclassical Models,"
NBER Working Papers
3563, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1994. "Lecture notes on economic growth (I): Introduction to the literature and Neoclassical models," Economics Working Papers 77, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1992.
"Trade orientation, distortions and growth in developing countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 31-57.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1991. "Trade Orientation, Distortions and Growth in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 3716, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fischer, S., 1991. "Growth, Macroeconomics, and Development," Working papers 580, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Gylfason, T., 1992. "Output Gains from Economic Liberalization: A Simple Formula," Papers 514, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- M. Kurz, 1968. "The General Instability of a Class of Competitive Growth Processes," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(2), pages 155-174.
- Thorvaldur Gylfason, 1991.
"Inflation, Growth, and External Debt: A View of the Landscape,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 279-297, September.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 1990. "Inflation, Growth and External Debt: A View of the Landscape," CEPR Discussion Papers 375, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stanley Fischer, 1991. "Growth, Macroeconomics, and Development," NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1991, Volume 6, pages 329-379 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- N/A, 1991. "II Developing High and New Technology Industries," China Report, , vol. 27(4), pages 348-358, November.
- Gylfason, T, 1995. "The Macroeconomics of European Agriculture," Princeton Studies in International Economics 78, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Arnold Harberger, 1964. "Taxation, Resource Allocation, and Welfare," NBER Chapters,in: The Role of Direct and Indirect Taxes in the Federal Reserve System, pages 25-80 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1985. "Tax policy in open economies," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 6, pages 313-374 Elsevier.
- Miguel Sidrauski, 1967. "Inflation and Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 796-796.
- Stanley Fischer, 1991. "Growth, Macroeconomics, and Development," NBER Working Papers 3702, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1974. "Money and the Production Function," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 12(4), pages 517-533, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jesper Rangvid, 2007. "The Effects of Temporary Exchange-Rate-Based Stabilizations when Money Serves a Productive Role," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 453-477, September.
- Vinayagathasan, Thanabalasingam, 2013. "Inflation and economic growth: A dynamic panel threshold analysis for Asian economies," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 31-41.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 2000.
"Resources, Agriculture, and Economic Growth in Economies in Transition,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(4), pages 545-579.
- Thorvaldur Gylfason, 2000. "Resources, Agriculture, and Economic Growth in Economies in Transition," CESifo Working Paper Series 313, CESifo Group Munich.
- Thorvaldur Gylfason, 2000. "Resources, Agriculture, and Economic Growth in Economies in Transition," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp157, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Thorvaldur Gylfason, 2001. "Resources, Agriculture, and Economic Growth in Economies in Transition," Development and Comp Systems 0012006, EconWPA.
- Chani, Muhammad Irfan & Pervaiz, Zahid & Jan, Sajjad Ahmad & Ali, Amjad & Chaudhary, Amatul R., 2011. "Poverty, inflation and economic growth: empirical evidence from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 34290, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Yesim Kustepeli, 2003. "The Effect of Nominal Government Deficits on Economic Growth," Ege Academic Review, Ege University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 3(1), pages 47-57.
- Pierre-Richard Agénor, 2004.
"Macroeconomic Adjustment and the Poor: Analytical Issues and Cross-Country Evidence,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18, pages 351-408, July.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard, 2002. "Macroeconomic adjustment and the poor : analytical issues and cross-country evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2788, The World Bank.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur & Herbertsson, Tryggvi Thor, 2001. "Does inflation matter for growth?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 405-428, December.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 1999. "Exports, Inflation and Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1031-1057, June.
- Madhu Sehrawat & A. K. Giri, 2015. "Re-examining the Threshold Effects in Inflationâ€“Growth Nexus: Evidence from India," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 3(2), pages 57-67, Fabruary.
- Frederick H. Wallace & Gary L. Shelley, 2004. "Long Run Neutrality and Superneutrality of Money: Aggregate and Sectoral Tests for Nicaragua," Macroeconomics 0402004, EconWPA.
More about this item
- E23 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Production
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- P20 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:56:y:1998:i:1:p:81-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.