Globalization, poverty, and inequality since 1980
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Edmonds, Eric V., 2008. "Child Labor," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- Branko Milanovic, 2002.
"True World Income Distribution, 1988 and 1993: First Calculation Based on Household Surveys Alone,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(476), pages 51-92, January.
- Milanovic, Branko, 1999. "True world income distribution, 1988 and 1993 - first calculations, based on household surveys alone," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2244, The World Bank.
- Branko milanovic, 2003. "True world income distribution, 1988 and 1993: First calculation based on household surveys alo," HEW 0305002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2002. "Growth Is Good for the Poor," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 195-225, September.
- Dwayne Benjamin & Loren Brandt, 2002.
"Agriculture and Income Distribution in Rural Vietnam under Economic Reforms: A Tale of Two Regions,"
benjamin-02-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Loren Brandt & Dwayne Benjamin, 2002. "Agriculture and Income Distribution in Rural Vietnam under Economic Reforms: A Tale of Two Regions," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 519, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Peter H. Lindert & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2003. "Does Globalization Make the World More Unequal?," NBER Chapters,in: Globalization in Historical Perspective, pages 227-276 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ritva Reinikka & Paul Collier, 2001. "Uganda's Recovery : The Role of Farms, Firms, and Government," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13850, January.
- George J. Borjas & Richard B. Friedman & Lawrence F. Katz, 1997. "How Much Do Immigration and Trade Affect Labor Market Outcomes?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 28(1), pages 1-90.
- Remco H. Oostendorp, 2009. "Globalization and the Gender Wage Gap," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 23(1), pages 141-161, January.
- David Dollar & Aart Kraay, 2004. "Trade, Growth, and Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(493), pages 22-49, February.
- Bee Yan Aw & Sukkyun Chung & Mark J. Roberts, 1998. "Productivity and the Decision to Export: Micro Evidence from Taiwan and South Korea," NBER Working Papers 6558, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- N. F. R. Crafts, 2000. "Globalization and Growth in the Twentieth Century," IMF Working Papers 00/44, International Monetary Fund.
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2003. "Institutions, trade, and growth," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 133-162, January.
- John M. Abowd & Richard B. Freeman, 1991. "Immigration, Trade, and the Labor Market," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number abow91-1, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sato, Sumie & Fukushige, Mototsugu, 2009.
"Globalization and economic inequality in the short and long run: The case of South Korea 1975-1995,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 62-68, January.
- Sumie & Mototsugu Fukushige, 2007. "Globalization and Economic Inequality in the Short and Long Run: The Case of South Korea 1975-1995," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 07-43, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- repec:bla:worlde:v:41:y:2018:i:9:p:2491-2527 is not listed on IDEAS
- Filipe Campante & David Yanagizawa-Drott, 2018.
"Long-Range Growth: Economic Development in the Global Network of Air Links,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 133(3), pages 1395-1458.
- Filipe Campante & David Yanagizawa-Drott, 2016. "Long-range growth: economic development in the global network of air links," UBSCENTER - Working Papers 016, UBS International Center of Economics in Society - Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Filipe Campante & David Drott, 2016. "Long-Range Growth: Economic Development in the Global Network of Air Links," Working Papers id:11346, eSocialSciences.
- Campante, Filipe R. & Yanagizawa-Drott, David, 2016. "Long-Range Growth: Economic Development in the Global Network of Air Links," Working Paper Series 16-034, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Filipe Campante & David Yanagizawa-Drott, 2016. "Long-Range Growth: Economic Development in the Global Network of Air Links," NBER Working Papers 22653, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sapkota, Jeet Bahadur, 2011. "Impacts of globalization on quality of life: evidence from developing countries," MPRA Paper 37506, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aylin Koç & Ahmet Yilmaz Ato & Zeynep Çirkin, 2013. "Empirical Investigation on Globalization and Social Polarization: Cross Country Analysis," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(1), pages 206-213.
- Goto, Hideaki, 2008. "Labor Market Competitiveness and Poverty," Working Papers 51159, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Florian Dorn & Christoph Schinke, 2018.
"Top income shares in OECD countries: The role of government ideology and globalisation,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(9), pages 2491-2527, September.
- Florian Dorn & Christoph Schinke, 2018. "Top Income Shares in OECD Countries: The Role of Government Ideology and Globalization," ifo Working Paper Series 246, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:153:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s10551-016-3428-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rassekh, Farhad, 2010. "Is Stolper-Samuelson dangerous and FPE a failure?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 555-561, October.
- Chani, Muhammad Irfan & Pervaiz, Zahid & Jan, Sajjad Ahmad & Ali, Amjad & Chaudhary, Amatul R., 2011. "Poverty, inflation and economic growth: empirical evidence from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 34290, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Jalil, Abdul, 2012. "Modeling income inequality and openness in the framework of Kuznets curve: New evidence from China," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 309-315.
- Wagle, Udaya R., 2007. "Are Economic Liberalization and Equality Compatible? Evidence from South Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 1836-1857, November.
- Christoph Schinke, 2014. "Government Ideology, Globalization, and Top Income Shares in OECD Countries," ifo Working Paper Series 181, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Rougoor, Ward & van Marrewijk, Charles, 2015. "Demography, Growth, and Global Income Inequality," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 220-232.
- Doan, Ha Thi Thanh & Wan, Guanghua, 2017. "Globalization and the Labor Share in National Income," ADBI Working Papers 639, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Nguyen, Quynh, 2015. "“Mind the Gap”: Inequality Aversion and Mass Support for Protectionism," Papers 838, World Trade Institute.
- Shawn F. Dorius, 2008. "Global Demographic Convergence? A Reconsideration of Changing Intercountry Inequality in Fertility," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 34(3), pages 519-537.
- Getachew, Yoseph Yilma, 2010. "Public capital and distributional dynamics in a two-sector growth model," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 606-616, June.
More about this item
KeywordsServices&Transfers to Poor; Economic Theory&Research; Economic Conditions and Volatility; Poverty Impact Evaluation; Environmental Economics&Policies; Inequality; Achieving Shared Growth; Governance Indicators; Safety Nets and Transfers; Services&Transfers to Poor;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-10-18 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3333. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.