Pro-growth, pro-poor : is there a tradeoff?
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Loayza, Norman V. & Raddatz, Claudio, 2010.
"The composition of growth matters for poverty alleviation,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 137-151, September.
- Loayza, Norman V. & Raddatz, Claudio, 2006. "The composition of growth matters for poverty alleviation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4077, The World Bank.
- Kraay, Aart, 2006. "When is growth pro-poor? Evidence from a panel of countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 198-227, June.
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro, 2007. "Inequality, poverty, and the Kuznets curve In Spain, 1850-2000," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp07-13, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- João Tovar Jalles & Luiz de Mello, 2019.
"Cross‐country evidence on the determinants of inclusive growth episodes,"
Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(4), pages 1818-1839, November.
- João Tovar Jalles & Luiz de Mello, 2019. "Cross-country Evidence on the Determinants of Inclusive Growth Episodes," Working Papers REM 2019/81, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, REM, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Victor GAMARRA ECHENIQUE, 2018. "Sectoral Composition Of Growth And Poverty Reduction In Peru: A Regional Approach (2001-2016)," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 18(2), pages 23-42.
- Ingutia, Rose & Rezitis, Anthony N. & Sumelius, John, 2020. "Child poverty, status of rural women and education in sub Saharan Africa," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 111(C).
- Christina Wieser, 2011. "Determinants of the Growth Elasticity of Poverty Reduction. Why the Impact on Poverty Reduction is Large in Some Developing Countries and Small in Others," WIFO Working Papers 406, WIFO.
- Muhammad Shahbaz, 2013. "Financial Development, Economics Growth, Income Inequality Nexus: A Case Study of Pakistan," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 1(3), pages 24-47, March.
- Resnick, Danielle & Birner, Regina, 2006. "Does good governance contribute to pro-poor growth?: a review of the evidence from cross-country studies," DSGD discussion papers 30, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Rashida Haq & Uzma Zia, 2006. "Governance and Pro-poor Growth: Evidence from Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 45(4), pages 761-776.
- Alessandra Bonfiglioli, 2004. "Equities and Inequality," 2004 Meeting Papers 256, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Rashida Haq & Uzma Zia, 2009.
"Does Governance Contribute to Pro-poor Growth? Evidence from Pakistan,"
2009:52, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Rashida Haq & Uzma Zia, 2009. "Does Governance Contribute to Pro-poor Growth? Evidence from Pakistan," Governance Working Papers 22980, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Diao, Xinshen & Hazell, Peter & Resnick, Danielle & Thurlow, James, 2006.
"The role of agriculture in development: implications for Sub-Saharan Africa,"
DSGD discussion papers
29, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Diao, Xinshen & Hazell, P.B.R. & Resnick, Danielle & Thurlow, James, 2007. "The role of agriculture in development: Implications for Sub-Saharan Africa," Research reports 153, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kimhi, Ayal, 2004.
"Growth, Inequality and Labor Markets in LDCs: A Survey,"
289990, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Ayal Kimhi, 2004. "Growth, Inequality and Labor Markets in LDCs: A Survey," CESifo Working Paper Series 1281, CESifo.
- Gutierrez, Catalina & Orecchia, Carlo & Paci, Pierella & Serneels, Pieter, 2007. "Does employment generation really matter for poverty reduction ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4432, The World Bank.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 2004.
"Finance, inequality, and poverty: cross-country evidence,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3338, The World Bank.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2004. "Finance, Inequality, and Poverty: Cross-Country Evidence," NBER Working Papers 10979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tsai, Pan-Long & Huang, Chao-Hsi, 2007. "Openness, Growth and Poverty: The Case of Taiwan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 1858-1871, November.
- World Bank, . "Colombia : Country Economic Memorandum, The Foundations for Competitiveness," World Bank Other Operational Studies, The World Bank, number 8807, September.
- Cook, Paul & Uchida, Yuichiro, 2008. "Structural change, competition and income distribution," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 274-286, May.
- Kris Ivanovski & Sefa Awaworyi Churchill & John Inekwe, 2020. "Convergence in Income Inequality Across Australian States and Territories," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 148(1), pages 127-142, February.
- Silvia Adriana Peluffo Geronazzo, 2016. "Increased trade openness, productivity, employment and wages: a difference-in-differences approach," Estudios Regionales en Economía, Población y Desarrollo. Cuadernos de Trabajo de la Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez. 32, Cuerpo Académico 41 de la Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez, revised 01 Apr 2016.
More about this item
KeywordsServices&Transfers to Poor; Public Health Promotion; Poverty Impact Evaluation; Economic Conditions and Volatility; Environmental Economics&Policies; Rural Poverty Reduction; Achieving Shared Growth; Inequality; Governance Indicators; Safety Nets and Transfers;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2004-08-23 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3378. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Roula I. Yazigi (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.