La tarification des retraits aux distributeurs automatiques bancaires, une revue de la littérature
[ATM withdrawal pricing, a survey of the literature]
We summarize the literature dealing with the pricing of ATM withdrawals. We highlight the effects of the pricing scheme on the network size, on banks’ profits and on consumer surplus. We also examine two recent reforms that took place in Australia and in the United Kingdom in order to increase the efficiency of ATM networks.
|Date of creation:||15 Jul 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donze Jocelyn & Dubec Isabelle, 2011.
"ATM Direct Charging Reform: the Effect of Independent Deployers on Welfare,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(2), pages 1-23, June.
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 2009. "ATM Direct Charging Reform: the Effect of Independent Deployers on welfare," MPRA Paper 15818, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 2010. "ATM Direct Charging Reform: the Effect of Independent Deployers on Welfare," TSE Working Papers 10-162, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 6/09. "ATM Direct Charging Reform: the Effect of Independent Deployers on Welfare," MPRA Paper 23176, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 2010.
"The effects of regulating interchange fees at cost on the ATM market,"
Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 187-189, May.
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 2008. "The effects of regulating interchange fees at cost on the ATM market," MPRA Paper 10893, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David B. Humphrey, 1994. "Delivering deposit services: ATMs versus branches," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 59-81.
- Christopher R. Knittel & Victor Stango, 2009. "HOW DOES INCOMPATIBILITY AFFECT PRICES?: EVIDENCE FROM ATM'S -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 557-582, 09.
- Jocelyn Donze & Isabelle Dubec, 2003.
"The role of interchange fees in ATM networks,"
- Matutes, Carmen & Padilla, A. Jorge, 1994. "Shared ATM networks and banking competition," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 1113-1138, May.
- Timothy H. Hannan & Ron Borzekowski, 2006.
"Incompatibility and investment in ATM networks,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2006-36, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Fumiko Hayashi & Richard J. Sullivan & Stuart E. Weiner, 2006. "A guide to the ATM and debit card industry - 2006 update," Monograph, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, number 2006agttaadci2, April.
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 2008. "Paying for ATM usage : good for consumers, bad for banks ?," MPRA Paper 10892, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mcandrews James J., 2003. "Automated Teller Machine Network Pricing - A Review of the Literature," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-13, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16546. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.