ATM Direct Charging Reform: the Effect of Independent Deployers on Welfare
In Australia, interchange fees on shared ATM transactions have been recently removed and replaced by usage fees directly set and received by ATM owners. We develop a model to study how entry of independent ATM deployers (IADs) affects welfare under the direct charging scheme. We show that paradoxically, IAD entry benefits banks. Entry benefits consumers when they strongly value the associated growth of the ATM network.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 10 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.degruyter.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/rne|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 2010.
"The effects of regulating interchange fees at cost on the ATM market,"
Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 187-189, May.
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 2008. "The effects of regulating interchange fees at cost on the ATM market," MPRA Paper 10893, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 2008. "Paying for ATM usage : good for consumers, bad for banks ?," MPRA Paper 10892, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jocelyn Donze & Isabelle Dubec, 2003.
"The role of interchange fees in ATM networks,"
- Ramón Faulí-Oller & Ioana Chioveanu & Joel Sandonís & Juana Santamaria-Garcia, 2007.
"Atm Surcharges: Effects On Deployment And Welfare,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
2007-12, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Ioana Chioveanu & Ramon Fauli-Oller & Joel Sandonis & Juana Santamaria, 2009. "ATM SURCHARGES: EFFECTS ON DEPLOYMENT AND WELFARE -super-* ," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 613-635, 09.
- Knittel, Christopher R. & Stango, Victor, 2011.
"Strategic incompatibility in ATM markets,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 2627-2636, October.
- Christopher Knittel & Victor Stango, 2006. "Strategic Incompatibility in ATM Markets," Working Papers 629, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Christopher R. Knittel & Victor Stango, 2006. "Strategic Incompatibility in ATM Markets," Working Papers 06-08, NET Institute, revised Sep 2006.
- Christopher R. Knittel & Victor Stango, 2006. "Strategic Incompatibility in ATM Markets," NBER Working Papers 12604, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matutes, Carmen & Padilla, A. Jorge, 1994. "Shared ATM networks and banking competition," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 1113-1138, May.
- Mcandrews James J., 2003. "Automated Teller Machine Network Pricing - A Review of the Literature," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-13, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:rneart:v:10:y:2011:i:2:n:3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.