Testing the Effectiveness of Monetary Policy in Malaysia Using Alternative Monetary Aggregation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Choi-Meng Leong & Chin-Hong Puah & Shazali Abu Mansor & Evan Lau, 2010. "Testing the Effectiveness of Monetary Policy in Malaysia Using Alternative Monetary Aggregation," Margin: The Journal of Applied Economic Research, National Council of Applied Economic Research, vol. 4(3), pages 321-338, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Yu, Qiao & Tsui, Albert K., 2000. "Monetary services and money demand in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 134-148, December.
- Barnett, William A., 1980. "Economic monetary aggregates an application of index number and aggregation theory," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 11-48, September.
- J. M. Binner & R. K. Bissoondeeal & A. W. Mullineux, 2005.
"A composite leading indicator of the inflation cycle for the Euro area,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(11), pages 1257-1266.
- Jane Binner & Rakesh Bissoondeeal & Andrew Mullineux, 2004. "A Composite Leading Indicator of the Inflation Cycle for the Euro Area," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004 24, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- James Hueng, C., 1998. "The demand for money in an open economy: Some evidence for Canada," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 15-31.
- Wu, Chung-Shu & Lin, Jin-Lung & Tiao, George C. & Cho, David D., 2005. "Is money demand in Taiwan stable?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 327-346, March.
- Klein, Benjamin, 1974. "Competitive Interest Payments on Bank Deposits and the Long-Run Demand for Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 931-949, December.
- Arize, A. C. & Malindretos, John & Grivoyannis, Elias C., 2005. "Inflation-rate volatility and money demand: Evidence from less developed countries," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 57-80.
- Belongia, Michael T, 1996. "Measurement Matters: Recent Results from Monetary Economics Reexamined," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(5), pages 1065-1083, October.
- Mansor Ibrhim, 2001. "Financial Factors and the Empirical Behavior of Money Demand: A Case Study of Malaysia," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 55-72.
- Spencer, Peter, 1997. "Monetary integration and currency substitution in the EMS: The case for a European monetary aggregate," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 1403-1419, July.
- Leigh Drake & Adrian Fleissig, 2004. "Admissible Monetary Aggregates and UK Inflation Targeting," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004 2, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Dahalan, Jauhari & Sharma, Subhash C. & Sylwester, Kevin, 2005. "Divisia monetary aggregates and money demand for Malaysia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 1137-1153, January.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Barnett, William A., 1978. "The user cost of money," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 145-149.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chin-Hong, Puah & Lee-Chea, Hiew, 2010. "Financial Liberalization, Weighted Monetary Aggregates and Money Demand in Indonesia," MPRA Paper 31731, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tang, Maggie May-Jean, 2016. "A Review of the Literature on Monetary Neutrality," MPRA Paper 70113, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kuek, Tai Hock, 2016. "A Review of Literature on Monetary Neutrality - The case of India," MPRA Paper 71962, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 13 Jun 2016.
- Hiew, Lee-Chea & Puah, Chin-Hong & Habibullah, Muzafar Shah, 2013. "The Role of Advertising Expenditure in Measuring Indonesia’s Money Demand Function," MPRA Paper 50223, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wong, Soon-Ming & Loi, Siew-Ling, 2016. "Money Influence on Real Economy Activity: Evidences Review on Japanese Context," MPRA Paper 73559, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsDivisia money; Money demand; Error-correction model;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2008-09-29 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2008-09-29 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2008-09-29 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2008-09-29 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:10568. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .