Divisia monetary aggregates and money demand for Malaysia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- William A. Barnett & Douglas Fisher & Apostolos Serletis, 2006. "Consumer Theory and the Demand for Money," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Money And The Economy, chapter 1, pages 3-43 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Startz, Richard, 1979.
"Implicit interest on demand deposits,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 515-534, October.
- Richard Startz, "undated". "Implicit Interest on Demand Deposits," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 4-79, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Richard Startz, "undated". "Implicit Interest on Demand Deposits," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 04-79, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Kasa, Kenneth, 1992. "Common stochastic trends in international stock markets," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 95-124, February.
- Robert Dekle & Mahmood Pradhan, 1997. "Financial Liberalization and Money Demand in Asean Countries; Implications for Monetary Policy," IMF Working Papers 97/36, International Monetary Fund.
- Serletis, Apostolos & King, Martin, 1993. "The role of money in Canada," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 91-107.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Breusch, T S, 1978. "Testing for Autocorrelation in Dynamic Linear Models," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(31), pages 334-355, December.
- Perron, Pierre, 1988.
"Trends and random walks in macroeconomic time series : Further evidence from a new approach,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 297-332.
- Perron, P., 1986. "Trends and Random Walks in Macroeconomic Time Series: Further Evidence From a New Approach," Cahiers de recherche 8650, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Belongia, Michael T & Chrystal, K Alec, 1991.
"An Admissible Monetary Aggregate for the United Kingdom,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 497-503, August.
- Michael T. Belongia & K. Alec Chrystal, 1989. "An admissible monetary aggregate for the United Kingdom," Working Papers 1989-007, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Carlo C. A. Winder & Martin M. G. Fase, 1998. "Wealth and the demand for money in the European union," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 507-524.
- Subramanian S Sriram, 1999. "Demand for M2 in an Emerging-Market Economy; An Error-Correction Model for Malaysia," IMF Working Papers 99/173, International Monetary Fund.
- Schunk, Donald L, 2001. "The Relative Forecasting Performance of the Divisia and Simple Sum Monetary Aggregates," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(2), pages 272-283, May.
- Barnett, William A., 1980. "Economic monetary aggregates an application of index number and aggregation theory," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 11-48, September.
- Ford, J L & Peng, W S & Mullineux, Andy W, 1992. "Financial Innovation and Divisia Monetary Aggregates," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(1), pages 87-102, February.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Eu Chye Tan, 1997. "Money demand amid financial sector developments in Malaysia," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(9), pages 1201-1215.
- Barnett, William A & Offenbacher, Edward K & Spindt, Paul A, 1984. "The New Divisia Monetary Aggregates," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(6), pages 1049-1085, December.
- Mansor H. Ibrahim, 1998. "An Econometric Analysis of Money Demand and Its Stability in the Malaysian Economy," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 33(1), pages 53-66, January.
- Barnett, William A., 1978. "The user cost of money," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 145-149.
- Klein, Benjamin, 1974. "Competitive Interest Payments on Bank Deposits and the Long-Run Demand for Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 931-949, December.
- Spencer, Peter, 1994. "Portfolio Disequilibrium: Implications for the Divisia Approach to Monetary Aggregation," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 62(2), pages 125-150, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tang, Maggie May-Jean & Puah, Chin-Hong & Awang Marikan, Dayang-Affizzah, 2013. "Empirical Evidence on the Long-Run Neutrality Hypothesis Using Divisia Money," MPRA Paper 50020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dahalan, Jauhari & Sharma, Subhash C. & Sylwester, Kevin, 2007. "Scale variable specification in a money demand function for Malaysia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 867-882, December.
- Choi-Meng Leong & Chin-Hong Puah & Shazali Abu Mansor & Evan Lau, 2010.
"Testing the Effectiveness of Monetary Policy in Malaysia Using Alternative Monetary Aggregation,"
Margin: The Journal of Applied Economic Research,
National Council of Applied Economic Research, vol. 4(3), pages 321-338, August.
- Leong, Choi-Meng & Puah, Chin-Hong & Abu Mansor, Shazali & Evan, Lau, 2008. "Testing the Effectiveness of Monetary Policy in Malaysia Using Alternative Monetary Aggregation," MPRA Paper 10568, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chin-Hong, Puah & Lee-Chea, Hiew, 2010. "Financial Liberalization, Weighted Monetary Aggregates and Money Demand in Indonesia," MPRA Paper 31731, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:15:y:2005:i:6:p:1137-1153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.