Stability of the money demand function in Asian developing countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Karfakis, Costas I & Parikh, Ashok, 1993. "A Cointegration Approach to Monetary Targeting in Australia," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(60), pages 53-72, June.
- Bahmani-Oskooee Mohsen & Shin Sungwon, 2002. "Stability of the Demand for Money in Korea," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 85-95.
- Augustine C. Arize & John B. Spalding & Bedford N. Umezulike, 1991. "Impact of Foreign Monetary Developments on Demand for Money: Regression Estimates and Forecast Results," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 18(2), pages 39-48, May.
- Kremers, Jeroen J M & Ericsson, Neil R & Dolado, Juan J, 1992. "The Power of Cointegration Tests," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 325-348, August.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Techaratanachai, Ampa, 2001. "Currency substitution in Thailand," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 141-145, February.
- Akhtar Hossain, 1994. "The Search for a Stable Money Demand Function for Pakistan: An Application of the Method of Cointegration," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 33(4), pages 969-983.
- Hoffman, Dennis L & Rasche, Robert H, 1991.
"Long-Run Income and Interest Elasticities of Money Demand in the United States,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 665-674, November.
- Dennis Hoffman & Robert H. Rasche, 1989. "Long-run Income and Interest Elasticities of Money Demand in the United States," NBER Working Papers 2949, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- von Hagen, Jurgen, 1993.
"Monetary union, money demand, and money supply : A review of the German monetary union,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 803-827, May.
- von Hagen, Jürgen, 1992. "Monetary Union, Money Demand and Money Supply: A Review of the German Monetary Union," CEPR Discussion Papers 719, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Bohl, Martin T., 2000. "German monetary unification and the stability of the German M3 money demand function," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 203-208, February.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Michael P. Barry, 2000. "Stability of the Demand for Money in an Unstable Country: Russia," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(4), pages 619-629, July.
- Abdur Chowdhury, 1997. "The financial structure and the demand for money in Thailand," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(3), pages 401-409.
- Arango, Sebastian & Ishaq Nadiri, M., 1981. "Demand for money in open economies," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 69-83.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen, 1996. "The black market exchange rate and demand for money in Iran," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 171-176.
- Lewis, Mervyn K. & Mizen, Paul D., 2000. "Monetary Economics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198290629.
- Rana Ejaz Ali Khan & Qazi Muhammad Adnan Hye, 2013.
"Financial liberalization and demand for money: a case of Pakistan,"
Journal of Developing Areas,
Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 47(2), pages 175-198, July-Dece.
- Khan, Rana Ejaz Ali & Hye, Qazi Muhammad Adnan, 2011. "Financial Liberalization And Demand For Money: A Case of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 34795, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mansor Ibrhim, 2001. "Financial Factors and the Empirical Behavior of Money Demand: A Case Study of Malaysia," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 55-72.
- Ahmad, Mushtaq & Khan, Ashfaque H., 1990. "A reexamination of the stability of the demand for money in pakistan," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 307-321.
- Johansen, Soren, 1992.
"Testing weak exogeneity and the order of cointegration in UK money demand data,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 313-334, June.
- Johansen, S., 1991. "Testing Weak Exogeneity and the Order of Cointegration in UK Money Demand Data," Papers 78, Helsinki - Department of Economics.
- Ahmed Khalid, 1999. "Modelling money demand in open economies: the case of selected Asian countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(9), pages 1129-1135.
- Hafer, R W & Jansen, Dennis W, 1991.
"The Demand for Money in the United States: Evidence from Cointegration Tests,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 23(2), pages 155-168, May.
- Hafer, R.W. & Jansen, D.W., 1990. "The Demand For Money In The United States: Evidence From Cointegration Tests," Papers 9010, Erasmus University of Rotterdam - Institute for Economic Research.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Miquel-Angel Galindo Martin & Farhang Niroomand, 1998. "Exchange rate sensitivity of the demand for money in Spain," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(5), pages 607-612.
- Hoffman, Dennis L. & Rasche, Robert H. & Tieslau, Margie A., 1995. "The stability of long-run money demand in five industrial countries," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 317-339, April.
- Muscatelli, Vito Antonio & Papi, Luca, 1990. "Cointegration, Financial Innovation and Modelling the Demand for Money in Italy," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 58(3), pages 242-259, September.
- Mansor H. Ibrahim, 1998. "An Econometric Analysis of Money Demand and Its Stability in the Malaysian Economy," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 33(1), pages 53-66, January.
- B. Bhaskara Rao, 1995. "Unit roots cointegration and the demand for money in India," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(10), pages 397-399.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Shabsigh, Ghiath, 1996. "The demand for money in Japan: Evidence from cointegration analysis," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-10, March.
- McNown, Robert & Wallace, Myles S., 1992. "Cointegration tests of a long-run relation between money demand and the effective exchange rate," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 107-114, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:37:y:2005:i:7:p:773-792. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.